|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator’s mother in An Imperial Affliction is described in Chapter 4 as having an obsession with what kind of flowers?
2. The protagonist in the book that Augustus lent Hazel is described in Chapter 3 as killing how many people in 284 pages?
3. What is the name of the video game Augustus and Isaac are playing when Hazel arrives in Chapter 4?
(a) Counterinsurgence 2: The Price of Dawn
(b) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
(c) Final Fantasy VII
(d) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
4. Augustus tells Hazel in Chapter 8 that the reason he likes her is because it is rare to “come across a hot girl who creates and adjectival version of” what word?
5. What is the name of the teddy bear that Hazel’s mother tucks her in with in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What hospital is Hazel taken to in Chapter 7?
2. What is Hazel’s mother doing when Hazel calls to her after reading Von Houten’s assistant’s email in Chapter 8?
3. What is the name of Augustus’s ex-girlfriend that he describes in Chapter 5?
4. How many text messages has Hazel received from Augustus when she gets out of the movie in Chapter 4?
5. What school does Augustus say he attends in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Hazel and her parents do in the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. What exchange takes place between Hazel and Augustus via text message in Chapter 4?
3. What medical devices does Hazel use in the novel? Why?
4. Why do you think Hazel and Augustus relate well to one another in the novel?
5. What information about Peter Van Houten does Augustus relate to Hazel in Chapter 5?
6. Why does Augustus suggest selling Hazel’s swing set in Chapter 8?
7. Whom does Hazel send an email to in Chapter 5? What does she say in the email?
8. What takes place during the movie in Chapter 2? How does Hazel get home after the film?
9. How do Hazel’s doctors respond when she asks about traveling to Amsterdam in Chapter 8?
10. What internal conflict causes Hazel to call her friend Kaitlyn in Chapter 6?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)