|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poet is the lecture about in Hazel’s Twentieth-Century American Poetry class in Chapter 4?
(a) T. S. Elliot
(b) Sylvia Plath
(c) Walt Whitman
(d) Emily Dickinson
2. What game does Hazel play with Isaac at his house in Chapter 9?
(a) Mario Brothers
(b) Vice City
(c) Cool Boarders
3. Augustus claims that he’s a bad driver because he has to drive how, in Chapter 2?
(a) Without the use of his hands
(b) With his left leg
(c) Without the use of his legs
(d) While using an oxygen tank
4. What is the name of Peter Van Houten’s assistant that has emailed Augustus in Chapter 5?
(a) Jan Maelwael
(b) Lidewij Vliegenthart
(c) Derek Wellington
(d) Elise Blocklandt van Montfoort
5. Who does Hazel ask her mother to call at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Dr. Jim
(c) Dr. Maria
Short Answer Questions
1. What experimental drug was Hazel given after she’d contracted pneumonia, according to the author in Chapter 2?
2. What does “BiPAP” stand for in the narrative?
3. Where do Hazel, her mother, and Augustus change planes on their trip to Amsterdam in Chapter 10?
4. What date does Hazel’s mother say it is when she wakes Hazel up in the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What hospital is Hazel taken to in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hazel say she considers depression to be a side effect of in Chapter 1?
2. What internal conflict causes Hazel to call her friend Kaitlyn in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Augustus suggest selling Hazel’s swing set in Chapter 8?
4. What do Hazel and her mother encounter when the approach the door of Augustus’s house in Chapter 10? How do they respond?
5. What exchange takes place between Hazel and Augustus via text message in Chapter 4?
6. What book is Hazel reading in Chapter 4? What is the book about?
7. What does Hazel encounter when she arrives at Augustus’s house in Chapter 4?
8. What do Isaac and Hazel discuss at the support group meeting in Chapter 9?
9. What does Hazel learn about her trip to Amsterdam at the end of Chapter 8?
10. What holiday does Hazel’s mother declare in Chapter 3? How does Hazel decide to celebrate?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)