|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday does Hazel’s mother say it is when she wakes Hazel in Chapter 3?
(a) Hazel’s thirty-third half-birthday
(b) The anniversary of Hazel’s remission
(c) Hazel’s mother and father’s anniversary
(d) Christmas Eve
2. How many days is Hazel kept at the hospital after having the fluid drained from her lungs in Chapter 7?
(a) 10 days
(b) 4 days
(c) 2 days
(d) 6 days
3. What twelve-year-old leukemic does Hazel learn has passed away at the support group meeting in Chapter 9?
4. What school does Augustus say he attends in Chapter 2?
(a) Stevens Point
(b) North Central
(c) Anderson High
(d) Smithfield High
5. What does Hazel say she was diagnosed with at age thirteen in Chapter 2?
(a) Stage IV leukemia
(b) Stage III diabetes
(c) Stage IV thyroid cancer
(d) Stage II lung cancer
Short Answer Questions
1. Isaac is said to live in a small ranch house in what neighborhood in Chapter 9?
2. The quote that opens The Fault in Our Stars is attributed to what fictional author?
3. When Hazel presents the idea of going to Amsterdam to her mother in the beginning of Chapter 6, her mother replies that she will ask whom about it?
4. What is the name of the hamster in An Imperial Affliction that Hazel asks about in her email to the author in Chapter 5?
5. What kind of car does Augustus drive in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What exchange takes place between Hazel and Augustus via text message in Chapter 4?
2. What takes place during the movie in Chapter 2? How does Hazel get home after the film?
3. What information does Augustus reveal to Hazel when he sees her in the hospital in Chapter 7? How does she respond?
4. How does Hazel perceive Augustus’s feelings for her in Chapter 6?
5. What do Isaac and Hazel discuss at the support group meeting in Chapter 9?
6. What does Hazel encounter when she arrives at Augustus’s house in Chapter 4?
7. What do Hazel and her mother encounter when the approach the door of Augustus’s house in Chapter 10? How do they respond?
8. What medical devices does Hazel use in the novel? Why?
9. Whom does Hazel send an email to in Chapter 5? What does she say in the email?
10. What holiday does Hazel’s mother declare in Chapter 3? How does Hazel decide to celebrate?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)