|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Hazel says that “Worry is yet another side effect of” what?
2. In the letter from Peter Van Houten to Augustus in Chapter 7, he writes, “I am in receipt of your electronic mail dated the 14th of April and duly impressed by the Shakespearean complexity of your tragedy. Everyone in this tale has a rock-solid” what?
3. Hazel reads on the social media wall of Augustus’s ex-girlfriend in Chapter 6 that he had taken to calling her by what nickname when she was in the hospital?
(b) Hulk Smash
(c) Squawling Paula
(d) Love Bug
4. What food are Augustus’s parents cooking when Augustus and Hazel arrive at his house in Chapter 2?
(c) Egg rolls
5. At what kind of church does Hazel’s cancer support group meet in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What movie has Hazel come to Augustus’s house to watch in Chapter 2?
2. Augustus claims that he’s a bad driver because he has to drive how, in Chapter 2?
3. What does Augustus say he’s going to eat before the plane’s departure in Chapter 10?
4. Hazel’s parents in Chapter 6 describe her as “a brilliant young reader with a side interest in” what?
5. What is the name of Peter Van Houten’s assistant that has emailed Augustus in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Hazel’s doctors respond when she asks about traveling to Amsterdam in Chapter 8?
2. What book is Hazel reading in Chapter 4? What is the book about?
3. How long does Hazel stay at the hospital in Chapter 7? How is her stay described?
4. What differences do you see between Hazel and her friend Kaitlyn in Chapter 3?
5. Why is Hazel taken to the hospital in Chapter 7? What does she learn about her condition when she awakens in ICU?
6. How does Hazel perceive Augustus’s feelings for her in Chapter 6?
7. How does the relationship between Hazel and Augustus progress in Chapter 6? What fears does Hazel exhibit about Augustus?
8. What takes place during the movie in Chapter 2? How does Hazel get home after the film?
9. What holiday does Hazel’s mother declare in Chapter 3? How does Hazel decide to celebrate?
10. What does Hazel encounter when she arrives at Augustus’s house in Chapter 4?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)