|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An Imperial Affliction is a novel about a girl who lives in what U.S. state?
(c) North Carolina
(d) New Jersey
2. What is the name of Isaac’s girlfriend who has just broken up with him in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Hazel say her father travels to regularly to a satellite office for Morris Property, Inc. in Chapter 10?
(a) New Brunswick
(b) Baton Rouge
4. What does “BiPAP” stand for in the narrative?
(a) “Bilevel positive airway pressure”
(b) “Bipolar productive air pump”
(c) “Big particle airway passage”
(d) “Bifurcated particular attribution principle”
5. What does Augustus say he’s going to eat before the plane’s departure in Chapter 10?
(a) A breakfast burrito
(b) A slice of pizza
(c) A taco
(d) A hamburger
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dead people does Augustus say there are for every living person on the earth in Chapter 10?
2. What is the name of the hamster in An Imperial Affliction that Hazel asks about in her email to the author in Chapter 5?
3. At what time does Hazel’s mother wake her up on the day of their flight in Chapter 10?
4. By what nickname does Isaac call Augustus in the novel?
5. What body part has Isaac lost due to cancer, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Hazel taken to the hospital in Chapter 7? What does she learn about her condition when she awakens in ICU?
2. What do Isaac and Hazel discuss at the support group meeting in Chapter 9?
3. What discussion takes place between Hazel and Isaac at Isaac’s house in Chapter 9?
4. Whom does Hazel send an email to in Chapter 5? What does she say in the email?
5. What differences do you see between Hazel and her friend Kaitlyn in Chapter 3?
6. Where does Hazel go after her class in Chapter 3? What does Hazel’s mother do?
7. Why do you think Hazel and Augustus relate well to one another in the novel?
8. What does Hazel encounter when she arrives at Augustus’s house in Chapter 4?
9. What does Hazel say she considers depression to be a side effect of in Chapter 1?
10. What medical devices does Hazel use in the novel? Why?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)