|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Augustus drive in Chapter 2?
(a) A Ford SUV
(b) A Dodge pickup
(c) A Toyota SUV
(d) A Cadillac sedan
2. What hospital is Hazel taken to in Chapter 7?
(a) Children’s Hospital
(b) St. Augustine Hospital
(c) Memorial Hospital
(d) Bennington Hospital
3. What is the name of Isaac’s little brother who interrupts the video game in Chapter 9?
4. Peter Van Houten quotes from which of Shakespeare’s sonnets in his letter to Augustus in Chapter 7?
(a) The forty-third sonnet
(b) The fifty-fifth sonnet
(c) The fifteenth sonnet
(d) The thirty-ninth sonnet
5. In the conclusion of the email from Von Houten’s assistant in Chapter 8, she suggests that after meeting Von Houten perhaps they could tour a museum or what monument?
(a) The Anne Frank House
(b) St. Nicholas's Basilica
(c) The Van Gogh Museum
(d) The Rembrandt House
Short Answer Questions
1. What name has Hazel given to her large rectangular oxygen concentrator in Chapter 3?
2. What date does Hazel’s mother say it is when she wakes Hazel up in the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What does Hazel describe as the only constellation she can recognize in Chapter 5?
4. What food are Augustus’s parents cooking when Augustus and Hazel arrive at his house in Chapter 2?
5. Isaac is said to live in a small ranch house in what neighborhood in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Hazel taken to the hospital in Chapter 7? What does she learn about her condition when she awakens in ICU?
2. What information about Peter Van Houten does Augustus relate to Hazel in Chapter 5?
3. What book is Hazel reading in Chapter 4? What is the book about?
4. What medical devices does Hazel use in the novel? Why?
5. What discussion takes place between Hazel and Isaac at Isaac’s house in Chapter 9?
6. How do Hazel’s doctors respond when she asks about traveling to Amsterdam in Chapter 8?
7. How does Hazel perceive Augustus’s feelings for her in Chapter 6?
8. Where does Hazel go after her class in Chapter 3? What does Hazel’s mother do?
9. What information does Augustus reveal to Hazel when he sees her in the hospital in Chapter 7? How does she respond?
10. What do Hazel and her parents do in the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)