|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hotel does Peter Van Houten’s assistant say Hazel will be staying at in Amsterdam in her email in Chapter 8?
(a) Hotel De Gerstekorrel
(c) The Filosoof
(d) Stayokay Amsterdam
2. Who is with Staff Sergeant Max Mayhem in the dark, empty room in the video game that Hazel plays with Isaac in Chapter 9?
(a) Major Michael Misbehave
(b) Captain Kirk Kendall
(c) Private Jasper Jacks
(d) Corporal Christendom
3. What movie about a Spartan battle do Hazel and Augustus watch during the flight to Amsterdam?
4. What food are Augustus’s parents cooking when Augustus and Hazel arrive at his house in Chapter 2?
(c) Egg rolls
5. How many text messages has Hazel received from Augustus when she gets out of the movie in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does “BiPAP” stand for in the narrative?
2. What television show in Hazel’s mother watching when Hazel arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What Shakespearean play does Peter cite in his letter in Chapter 7 with the lines, “The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars / But in ourselves”?
4. Where do Hazel, her mother, and Augustus change planes on their trip to Amsterdam in Chapter 10?
5. What is the name of the video game Augustus and Isaac are playing when Hazel arrives in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Augustus suggest selling Hazel’s swing set in Chapter 8?
2. What exchange takes place between Hazel and Augustus via text message in Chapter 4?
3. How does the relationship between Hazel and Augustus progress in Chapter 6? What fears does Hazel exhibit about Augustus?
4. What do Hazel and her parents do in the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. What differences do you see between Hazel and her friend Kaitlyn in Chapter 3?
6. What takes place during the movie in Chapter 2? How does Hazel get home after the film?
7. What do Hazel and her mother encounter when the approach the door of Augustus’s house in Chapter 10? How do they respond?
8. What does Hazel say she considers depression to be a side effect of in Chapter 1?
9. Whom does Hazel send an email to in Chapter 5? What does she say in the email?
10. What does Augustus reveal about himself at the cancer support group meeting in Chapter 1?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)