|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of treatment does Augustus say he gave up in order to go to Amsterdam in Chapter 13?
(a) Hyperthermia therapy
(b) Palliative chemotherapy
(c) Antimetabolite chemotherapy
(d) Epirubicin chemotherapy
2. On what day of the week is Augustus’s funeral set to be in Chapter 21?
3. What character from An Imperial Affliction does Hazel try to dress like when she goes to meet Peter Van Houten in Chapter 12?
4. Who does the waiter say paid the bill for Hazel and Augustus’s dinner at the fancy restaurant in Chapter 11?
(a) Peter Van Houten
(b) Derek Wellington
(c) Lidewij Vliegenthart
(d) Mrs. Lancaster
5. Who does Peter Von Houten describe in Chapter 23 as “the youngest nonmartyr saint ever beatified by the Catholic Church”?
(a) Barbara da Costa
(b) Gracia Monteiro da Fonseca
(c) Adelaide of Italy
(d) Antonietta Meo
6. What kind of cancer does Peter Von Houten say Augustus had in Chapter 23?
(b) Kaposi's sarcoma
(d) Cervical carcinoma
7. How does the minister introduce Hazel at Augustus’s funeral in Chapter 22?
(a) “Augustus’s fiancée”
(b) “Augustus’s special friend”
(c) "Augustus’s girlfriend”
(d) “Augustus’s sister”
8. What is the name of the cemetery where Augustus is buried?
(a) Rose Hill Cemetery
(b) Anderson Lakes Cemetery
(c) Crown Hill Cemetery
(d) St. Augustine Cemetery
9. Where does Hazel’s mother say she’s going to visit while Hazel and Augustus go to meet Peter Van Houten in Chapter 12?
(a) The Anne Frank House
(b) The Louvre
(c) The Rijksmuseum
(d) The Van Gogh Museum
10. Augustus died how many days after his pre-funeral, according to the narrator in Chapter 21?
11. For how long does Hazel’s mother say she’s been hiding the fact that she’s taking online classes from Hazel in Chapter 24?
(a) 2 years
(b) 1 year
(c) 4 months
(d) 6 months
12. What word from Chapter 20 means “unyielding” or “unalterable”?
13. What century does the cab driver describe as the “Golden Age” in Chapter 11?
(a) The 17th century
(b) The 16th century
(c) The 18th century
(d) The 12th century
14. Augustus says in Chapter 14 that his science teacher in middle school taught them that the wind blows how fast inside of clouds?
(a) 75 miles per hour
(b) 200 miles per hour
(c) 150 miles per hour
(d) 50 miles per hour
15. What hospital is Augustus taken to when he goes to the ER with chest pain in Chapter 15?
(a) Anderson Hospital
(b) St. Jude’s Hospital
(c) Memorial Hospital
(d) Children’s Hospital
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday does Hazel’s mother say it is in Chapter 25?
2. Where does Augustus describe ten thousand corpses following the explosion of a volcano in Chapter 14?
3. What is written on the sign that Hazel’s father holds at the airport in Chapter 14?
4. What is the name of the tube that connects to Hazel’s oxygen tank and is inserted into her nostrils for breathing?
5. In his final letter to Von Houten that Hazel reads in Chapter 25, Augustus has written, “You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in” what?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)