|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter Von Houten tells Hazel in Chapter 23 that she reminds him of whom?
2. What is Peter Van Houten described as wearing at Augustus’s funeral in Chapter 22?
(a) A black silk suit.
(b) A brown linen suit
(c) A blue polyester suit
(d) A white linen suit
3. Hazel describes going to Augustus’s house how long after their trip to Amsterdam in Chapter 17?
(a) 3 days
(b) 1 month
(c) 1 week
(d) 2 weeks
4. What is the name of Amsterdam’s most famous park that is next to Hazel’s hotel in Chapter 11?
(a) The Heidegger
(b) The Vondelpark
(c) The Kierkegaard
(d) The Beatrixpark
5. What color t-shirt does Hazel wear to meet Peter Van Houten in Chapter 12?
(a) Light gray
(b) Dark red
(c) Light blue
(d) Dark green
6. What hospital is Augustus taken to when he goes to the ER with chest pain in Chapter 15?
(a) St. Jude’s Hospital
(b) Anderson Hospital
(c) Memorial Hospital
(d) Children’s Hospital
7. On what day of the week is Augustus’s funeral set to be in Chapter 21?
8. What poem does Hazel recite to Augustus as they wait for the ambulance in Chapter 18?
(a) “The Red Wheelbarrow”
(b) “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock”
(c) “The Raven”
(d) “Annabel Lee”
9. Speaking of Augustus’s parents at his funeral, Hazel says, “It’s hard to explain, but talking to them felt like” what?
(a) “Talking to Augustus”
(b) “Being hit repeatedly by a semi”
(d) “Stabbing and being stabbed”
10. Where does Augustus describe ten thousand corpses following the explosion of a volcano in Chapter 14?
11. Where was Augustus when he died, according to the narrator in Chapter 21?
(a) Children’s Hospital
(b) His home
(c) His grandmother’s home
(d) Memorial Hospital
12. At Augustus’s funeral, he is dressed in the same suit that he wore previously where?
(a) To Oranjee
(b) To visit Peter Van Houten
(c) To the first group meeting he attended
(d) To his mother’s funeral
13. What is Peter Van Houten wearing when he answers the door in Chapter 12?
(a) A paisley smoking jacket
(b) A black tuxedo
(c) A heavy winter coat
(d) Blue pajamas
14. How many marriages end in the year after a child’s death, according to Hazel in Chapter 23?
(a) One half
(b) One quarter
(c) One sixth
(d) One third
15. Hazel describes “the absolutely inhuman nihilism of” what, in Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described in the top portion of the triangle of “Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs” in Chapter 13?
2. Hazel wears a t-shirt with a screen print of a famous Surrealist artwork by whom in Chapter 12?
3. What is Hazel’s middle name?
4. Where does Augustus ask Hazel to meet him at 8:00 p.m. when he calls in Chapter 20?
5. Who does Hazel call to tell about Augustus’s death in Chapter 21?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)