|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock”?
(a) Emily Dickinson
(b) Sylvia Plath
(c) Walt Whitman
(d) T. S. Elliot
2. What does Hazel watch on television with her parents in Chapter 24?
(a) America’s Next Top Model
(b) Judge Judy
(c) The View
(d) Saturday Night Live
3. Hazel wears a t-shirt with a screen print of a famous Surrealist artwork by whom in Chapter 12?
(a) Paul Éluard
(b) Jacques Baron
(c) Rene Magritte
(d) Salvador Dali
4. For how long does Hazel’s mother say she’s been hiding the fact that she’s taking online classes from Hazel in Chapter 24?
(a) 1 year
(b) 6 months
(c) 2 years
(d) 4 months
5. What does Hazel slip into Augustus’s coffin at his funeral in Chapter 22?
(a) A pack of cigarettes
(b) A gold ring
(c) A poem she wrote for him
(d) A CD
6. Who does Hazel send an email to after hanging up the phone with Kaitlyn in Chapter 25?
(a) Lidewij Vliegenthart
(b) Derek Wellington
(c) Dr. Jim
(d) Augustus’s mother
7. After Augustus’s death in Chapter 21, Hazel says, “The pleasure of remembering had been taken from me, because there was no longer” what?
(a) “Any happiness in the memories”
(b) “Anyone to remember with”
(c) “A reason to remember”
(d) “A reason to live”
8. What is the house number of Peter Van Houten’s residence in Chapter 12?
9. When Isaac greets Augustus and asks how he is doing in Chapter 14, Augustus says that everything tastes like what?
(a) Pot roast
10. What sport had Augustus played in high school before he developed cancer?
11. How many marriages end in the year after a child’s death, according to Hazel in Chapter 23?
(a) One sixth
(b) One quarter
(c) One half
(d) One third
12. At Augustus’s funeral, he is dressed in the same suit that he wore previously where?
(a) To visit Peter Van Houten
(b) To Oranjee
(c) To the first group meeting he attended
(d) To his mother’s funeral
13. What does Augustus ask Hazel to prepare and bring when she meets him in Chapter 20?
(a) A song
(b) A letter for Peter Van Houten
(c) A side dish
(d) A eulogy
14. At what time does Augustus’s mother call Hazel to tell her that Augustus has died in Chapter 21?
(a) 3:30 a.m.
(b) 12:00 a.m.
(c) 4:00 a.m.
(d) 1:20 a.m.
15. After telling Hazel about his recurrence of cancer in Chapter 13, Augustus claims that “The world is not” what?
(a) “My oyster.”
(b) “A 100% guarantee.”
(c) “A wish-granting factory.”
(d) “A fair playing field.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter Von Houten tells Hazel in Chapter 23 that she reminds him of whom?
2. The word “ontology” from Chapter 12 refers to a branch of metaphysics concerned with the nature of what?
3. What is Peter Van Houten described as wearing at Augustus’s funeral in Chapter 22?
4. In the conclusion of Hazel’s speech in Chapter 20, she says to Augustus, “You gave me a forever within” what?
5. What does Peter Von Houten take out and begin drinking as Hazel’s parents give him a ride after the funeral in Chapter 22?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)