|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days is Hazel kept at the hospital after having the fluid drained from her lungs in Chapter 7?
(a) 10 days
(b) 6 days
(c) 2 days
(d) 4 days
2. When Hazel presents the idea of going to Amsterdam to her mother in the beginning of Chapter 6, her mother replies that she will ask whom about it?
(a) Dr. Maria
(b) Dr. Roberts
(c) Dr. Jim
(d) Dr. Allison
3. In his letter to Augustus in Chapter 7, Von Houten writes, “Language buries, but does not” what?
4. Who is the “cute, chubby girl” with a scar extending from the side of her nose and across her face that is at the meeting in Chapter 9?
5. The narrator’s mother in An Imperial Affliction is described in Chapter 4 as having an obsession with what kind of flowers?
6. Isaac is said to live in a small ranch house in what neighborhood in Chapter 9?
(a) Meridian Hills
(b) The Upper East Side
(c) Greenwich Village
7. What hospital is Hazel taken to in Chapter 7?
(a) Children’s Hospital
(b) Bennington Hospital
(c) St. Augustine Hospital
(d) Memorial Hospital
8. How old is Hazel in The Fault in Our Stars?
9. What does “NEC” stand for in the narrative?
(a) “No evidence of cancer”
(b) “National education committee”
(c) “Negative entropy cancer”
(d) “National environmental committee”
10. An Imperial Affliction is a novel about a girl who lives in what U.S. state?
(a) New Jersey
(d) North Carolina
11. Hazel reads on the social media wall of Augustus’s ex-girlfriend in Chapter 6 that he had taken to calling her by what nickname when she was in the hospital?
(a) Squawling Paula
(b) Hulk Smash
(d) Love Bug
12. At what time does Hazel’s mother wake her up on the day of their flight in Chapter 10?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 6:45 a.m.
(c) 5:30 a.m.
(d) 8:30 a.m.
13. What is Augustus’s last name in the novel?
14. How many text messages has Hazel received from Augustus when she gets out of the movie in Chapter 4?
15. Who does Kaitlyn say she’s been dating “for a bit” in Chapter 3?
(a) Philip Jackson
(b) Jesse Waterman
(c) James Thullman
(d) Derek Wellington
Short Answer Questions
1. The quote that opens The Fault in Our Stars is attributed to what fictional author?
2. What movie star does Augustus frequently compare Hazel to in the novel?
3. What is the name of the narrator of An Imperial Affliction, according to Hazel in Chapter 4?
4. In the conclusion of the email from Von Houten’s assistant in Chapter 8, she suggests that after meeting Von Houten perhaps they could tour a museum or what monument?
5. What is the name of the video game Augustus and Isaac are playing when Hazel arrives in Chapter 4?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)