|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Augustus say he’s going to eat before the plane’s departure in Chapter 10?
(a) A hamburger
(b) A breakfast burrito
(c) A taco
(d) A slice of pizza
2. Who does Hazel describe as the protagonist in the book that Augustus lent her in the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Harry Potter
(b) Elizabeth Anderson
(c) Corporal Wendy Weatherman
(d) Staff Sergeant Max Mayhem
3. What does “NEC” stand for in the narrative?
(a) “National environmental committee”
(b) “No evidence of cancer”
(c) “National education committee”
(d) “Negative entropy cancer”
4. How many living people does Augustus say there are on the earth in Chapter 10?
(a) 2 billion
(b) 10 billion
(c) 7 billion
(d) 15 billion
5. In the beginning of Chapter 3, Hazel says she stayed up late that night reading what book?
(a) The Price of Dawn
(b) Roses amongst the Marigolds
(c) Under the Seashell Lake
(d) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
6. What is the name of the teddy bear that Hazel’s mother tucks her in with in Chapter 6?
7. Where does Hazel say her parents met while in the Peace Corps in Chapter 5?
(a) Athens, Greece
(b) Machu Picchu, Peru
(c) Papua, New Guinea
(d) Beirut, Lebanon
8. At what kind of church does Hazel’s cancer support group meet in the novel?
9. What movie about a Spartan battle do Hazel and Augustus watch during the flight to Amsterdam?
10. In Hazel’s American Literature class that she attends in the beginning of Chapter 3, the lecture is about what social reformer?
(a) Susan B. Anthony
(b) Harriet Tubman
(c) Frederick Douglass
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
11. Hazel’s parents come to her room after her outburst at dinner to tell her she is not what, in Chapter 6?
(a) Going to Amsterdam
(b) Going to die
(c) Their daughter
(d) A grenade
12. Hazel reads on the social media wall of Augustus’s ex-girlfriend in Chapter 6 that he had taken to calling her by what nickname when she was in the hospital?
(a) Hulk Smash
(c) Love Bug
(d) Squawling Paula
13. What date does Hazel’s mother say it is when she wakes Hazel up in the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) March 29
(b) July 14
(c) September 12
(d) April 13
14. What color eyes does Hazel have in the novel?
15. Who is the “cute, chubby girl” with a scar extending from the side of her nose and across her face that is at the meeting in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part has Isaac lost due to cancer, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
2. What Shakespearean play does Peter cite in his letter in Chapter 7 with the lines, “The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars / But in ourselves”?
3. Augustus tells Hazel in Chapter 8 that the reason he likes her is because it is rare to “come across a hot girl who creates and adjectival version of” what word?
4. What hotel does Peter Van Houten’s assistant say Hazel will be staying at in Amsterdam in her email in Chapter 8?
5. What is the name of Isaac’s little brother who interrupts the video game in Chapter 9?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)