|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the “cute, chubby girl” with a scar extending from the side of her nose and across her face that is at the meeting in Chapter 9?
2. Who is with Staff Sergeant Max Mayhem in the dark, empty room in the video game that Hazel plays with Isaac in Chapter 9?
(a) Private Jasper Jacks
(b) Captain Kirk Kendall
(c) Corporal Christendom
(d) Major Michael Misbehave
3. What date does Hazel’s mother say it is when she wakes Hazel up in the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) April 13
(b) September 12
(c) March 29
(d) July 14
4. The quote that opens The Fault in Our Stars is attributed to what fictional author?
(a) Jonathan McCready
(b) Henry Miller White
(c) Augustus Anderson
(d) Peter Van Houten
5. What is the name of the video game Augustus and Isaac are playing when Hazel arrives in Chapter 4?
(a) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
(b) Counterinsurgence 2: The Price of Dawn
(c) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
(d) Final Fantasy VII
6. What does Augustus say he’s going to eat before the plane’s departure in Chapter 10?
(a) A slice of pizza
(b) A taco
(c) A hamburger
(d) A breakfast burrito
7. How old is Hazel in The Fault in Our Stars?
8. Augustus claims he passed the driving test on which attempt in Chapter 2?
(a) His fourth attempt
(b) His third attempt
(c) His first attempt
(d) His second attempt
9. At what time does Hazel’s mother wake her up on the day of their flight in Chapter 10?
(a) 5:30 a.m.
(b) 10:00 a.m.
(c) 8:30 a.m.
(d) 6:45 a.m.
10. In the email that Hazel receives from Von Houten’s assistant in Chapter 8, it says that Hazel and her mother and Augustus will be visiting Amsterdam beginning on what day?
(a) June 12
(b) May 4
(c) April 3
(d) July 14
11. What name has Hazel given to her large rectangular oxygen concentrator in Chapter 3?
12. Where does Hazel say her parents met while in the Peace Corps in Chapter 5?
(a) Machu Picchu, Peru
(b) Athens, Greece
(c) Beirut, Lebanon
(d) Papua, New Guinea
13. What game does Hazel play with Isaac at his house in Chapter 9?
(a) Vice City
(b) Mario Brothers
(d) Cool Boarders
14. What is the name of Isaac’s little brother who interrupts the video game in Chapter 9?
15. The protagonist in the book that Augustus lent Hazel is described in Chapter 3 as killing how many people in 284 pages?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many text messages has Hazel received from Augustus when she gets out of the movie in Chapter 4?
2. In Hazel’s American Literature class that she attends in the beginning of Chapter 3, the lecture is about what social reformer?
3. At what kind of church does Hazel’s cancer support group meet in the novel?
4. What television show in Hazel’s mother watching when Hazel arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 5, Hazel says that “Worry is yet another side effect of” what?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)