|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hazel ask her mother to call at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Dr. Jim
(b) Dr. Maria
2. How old is Hazel in The Fault in Our Stars?
3. What twelve-year-old leukemic does Hazel learn has passed away at the support group meeting in Chapter 9?
4. Who does Hazel describe as the protagonist in the book that Augustus lent her in the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Elizabeth Anderson
(b) Harry Potter
(c) Corporal Wendy Weatherman
(d) Staff Sergeant Max Mayhem
5. What name has Hazel given to her large rectangular oxygen concentrator in Chapter 3?
6. Whom does Dr. Maria look to when asking about how they should proceed with Hazel’s treatment in the “Cancer Team Meeting” in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Dr. Waters
(b) Dr. Jim
(c) Dr. Anderson
(d) Dr. Simons
7. Hazel’s parents come to her room after her outburst at dinner to tell her she is not what, in Chapter 6?
(a) Going to Amsterdam
(b) A grenade
(c) Going to die
(d) Their daughter
8. How many dead people does Augustus say there are for every living person on the earth in Chapter 10?
9. In the conclusion of the email from Von Houten’s assistant in Chapter 8, she suggests that after meeting Von Houten perhaps they could tour a museum or what monument?
(a) St. Nicholas's Basilica
(b) The Anne Frank House
(c) The Rembrandt House
(d) The Van Gogh Museum
10. What hospital is Hazel taken to in Chapter 7?
(a) St. Augustine Hospital
(b) Memorial Hospital
(c) Bennington Hospital
(d) Children’s Hospital
11. The narrator’s mother in An Imperial Affliction is described in Chapter 4 as having an obsession with what kind of flowers?
12. Amsterdam is the capital city of what country?
(c) The Netherlands
13. By what name does Hazel refer to her regular doctor that her mother takes her to see for depression in Chapter 1?
(a) Dr. Mike
(b) Dr. Jeremy
(c) Dr. Peter
(d) Dr. Jim
14. What concept does Peter Van Houten describe as “a slut” in his letter in Chapter 7?
15. What game does Hazel play with Isaac at his house in Chapter 9?
(a) Vice City
(b) Mario Brothers
(c) Cool Boarders
Short Answer Questions
1. An Imperial Affliction is a novel about a girl who lives in what U.S. state?
2. In the online ad that Augustus and Hazel make for the swing set in Chapter 8, they list the current address of the set as near what intersection?
3. Where does Hazel say her father travels to regularly to a satellite office for Morris Property, Inc. in Chapter 10?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 3, Hazel says she stayed up late that night reading what book?
5. In Hazel’s American Literature class that she attends in the beginning of Chapter 3, the lecture is about what social reformer?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)