|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The quote that opens The Fault in Our Stars is attributed to what fictional author?
(a) Peter Van Houten
(b) Augustus Anderson
(c) Henry Miller White
(d) Jonathan McCready
2. What date does Hazel’s mother say it is when she wakes Hazel up in the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) July 14
(b) March 29
(c) September 12
(d) April 13
3. Augustus tells Hazel in Chapter 8 that the reason he likes her is because it is rare to “come across a hot girl who creates and adjectival version of” what word?
4. What does Hazel describe as the only constellation she can recognize in Chapter 5?
5. Where does Hazel say her parents met while in the Peace Corps in Chapter 5?
(a) Machu Picchu, Peru
(b) Beirut, Lebanon
(c) Athens, Greece
(d) Papua, New Guinea
6. At what time does Hazel’s mother wake her up on the day of their flight in Chapter 10?
(a) 5:30 a.m.
(b) 8:30 a.m.
(c) 6:45 a.m.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
7. How many dead people does Augustus say there are for every living person on the earth in Chapter 10?
8. What twelve-year-old leukemic does Hazel learn has passed away at the support group meeting in Chapter 9?
9. What does “BiPAP” stand for in the narrative?
(a) “Bifurcated particular attribution principle”
(b) “Big particle airway passage”
(c) “Bilevel positive airway pressure”
(d) “Bipolar productive air pump”
10. How many text messages has Hazel received from Augustus when she gets out of the movie in Chapter 4?
11. What is Augustus’s last name in the novel?
12. What is the name of the video game Augustus and Isaac are playing when Hazel arrives in Chapter 4?
(a) Counterinsurgence 2: The Price of Dawn
(b) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
(c) Final Fantasy VII
(d) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
13. What name has Hazel given to her large rectangular oxygen concentrator in Chapter 3?
14. What does Hazel say she was diagnosed with at age thirteen in Chapter 2?
(a) Stage III diabetes
(b) Stage II lung cancer
(c) Stage IV thyroid cancer
(d) Stage IV leukemia
15. What experimental drug was Hazel given after she’d contracted pneumonia, according to the author in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reply does Augustus send when Hazel texts him in Chapter 8, saying, “Still free May three?”
2. What does Hazel call the school that she attends in Chapter 2?
3. What television show does Hazel want to stay home and watch instead of going to the cancer support group in Chapter 1?
4. Whom does Dr. Maria look to when asking about how they should proceed with Hazel’s treatment in the “Cancer Team Meeting” in the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. What kind of car does Augustus drive in Chapter 2?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)