|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Dr. Maria look to when asking about how they should proceed with Hazel’s treatment in the “Cancer Team Meeting” in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Dr. Waters
(b) Dr. Simons
(c) Dr. Anderson
(d) Dr. Jim
2. What hospital is Hazel taken to in Chapter 7?
(a) Memorial Hospital
(b) Bennington Hospital
(c) Children’s Hospital
(d) St. Augustine Hospital
3. What food are Augustus’s parents cooking when Augustus and Hazel arrive at his house in Chapter 2?
(b) Egg rolls
4. Who does Hazel describe as the protagonist in the book that Augustus lent her in the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Harry Potter
(b) Corporal Wendy Weatherman
(c) Staff Sergeant Max Mayhem
(d) Elizabeth Anderson
5. What kind of car does Augustus drive in Chapter 2?
(a) A Ford SUV
(b) A Toyota SUV
(c) A Dodge pickup
(d) A Cadillac sedan
6. Who does Kaitlyn say she’s been dating “for a bit” in Chapter 3?
(a) Derek Wellington
(b) Philip Jackson
(c) James Thullman
(d) Jesse Waterman
7. On what days does Hazel’s cancer support group meet when she begins attending in Chapter 1?
8. What holiday does Hazel’s mother say it is when she wakes Hazel in Chapter 3?
(a) The anniversary of Hazel’s remission
(b) Hazel’s mother and father’s anniversary
(c) Hazel’s thirty-third half-birthday
(d) Christmas Eve
9. Hazel’s parents come to her room after her outburst at dinner to tell her she is not what, in Chapter 6?
(a) A grenade
(b) Their daughter
(c) Going to Amsterdam
(d) Going to die
10. What is the name of the video game Augustus and Isaac are playing when Hazel arrives in Chapter 4?
(a) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
(b) Final Fantasy VII
(c) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
(d) Counterinsurgence 2: The Price of Dawn
11. What Shakespearean play does Peter cite in his letter in Chapter 7 with the lines, “The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars / But in ourselves”?
(b) Julius Caesar
(c) Romeo and Juliet
(d) King Lear
12. What school does Augustus say he attends in Chapter 2?
(a) Stevens Point
(b) North Central
(c) Smithfield High
(d) Anderson High
13. What is the name of the teddy bear that Hazel’s mother tucks her in with in Chapter 6?
14. In the beginning of Chapter 3, Hazel says she stayed up late that night reading what book?
(a) Under the Seashell Lake
(b) The Price of Dawn
(c) Roses amongst the Marigolds
(d) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
15. What poet is the lecture about in Hazel’s Twentieth-Century American Poetry class in Chapter 4?
(a) Walt Whitman
(b) Emily Dickinson
(c) Sylvia Plath
(d) T. S. Elliot
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hazel’s American Literature class that she attends in the beginning of Chapter 3, the lecture is about what social reformer?
2. At what kind of church does Hazel’s cancer support group meet in the novel?
3. By what name does Hazel refer to her regular doctor that her mother takes her to see for depression in Chapter 1?
4. What color eyes does Hazel have in the novel?
5. For how long does Hazel say she’ll be gone on her trip to Amsterdam in Chapter 10?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)