|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food are Augustus’s parents cooking when Augustus and Hazel arrive at his house in Chapter 2?
(b) Egg rolls
2. What poet is the lecture about in Hazel’s Twentieth-Century American Poetry class in Chapter 4?
(a) Sylvia Plath
(b) Walt Whitman
(c) T. S. Elliot
(d) Emily Dickinson
3. What is the name of Augustus’s half sister that speaks at his funeral in Chapter 22?
4. The narrator’s mother in An Imperial Affliction is described in Chapter 4 as having an obsession with what kind of flowers?
5. When Hazel visits Augustus in Chapter 16, they eat a lunch of peanut-butter sandwiches and what?
(b) Apple pie
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Augustus’s mother call Hazel to tell her that Augustus has died in Chapter 21?
2. What is the name of the science teacher that Augustus recalls telling his class about the true nature of clouds in Chapter 14?
3. What is the name of the teddy bear that Hazel’s mother tucks her in with in Chapter 6?
4. In the letter from Peter Van Houten to Augustus in Chapter 7, he writes, “I am in receipt of your electronic mail dated the 14th of April and duly impressed by the Shakespearean complexity of your tragedy. Everyone in this tale has a rock-solid” what?
5. In the online ad that Augustus and Hazel make for the swing set in Chapter 8, they list the current address of the set as near what intersection?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)