|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Augustus describe ten thousand corpses following the explosion of a volcano in Chapter 14?
2. Augustus says to Hazel as they hang up the phone in Chapter 5, “Maybe okay will be our” what?
(a) “Never forget”
(d) “I love you”
3. Who does Hazel ask her mother to call at the end of Chapter 7?
(b) Dr. Jim
(c) Dr. Maria
4. What illness led to Augustus’s ex-girlfriend’s death?
(a) Thyroid cancer
(b) Brain cancer
(d) Uterine cancer
5. Who is the “perennially strong appendiceal cancer survivor” that fills in Hazel on the latest events at the cancer support group meeting in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Augustus claims he passed the driving test on which attempt in Chapter 2?
2. Peter Van Houten quotes from which of Shakespeare’s sonnets in his letter to Augustus in Chapter 7?
3. Hazel says in Chapter 23, “I was thinking about way back in the very beginning in the Literal Heart of Jesus when Gus told us that he feared” what?
4. The narrator’s mother in An Imperial Affliction is described in Chapter 4 as having an obsession with what kind of flowers?
5. At what time does Augustus’s mother call Hazel to tell her that Augustus has died in Chapter 21?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)