|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amsterdam is the capital city of what country?
(a) The Netherlands
2. In his letter to Augustus in Chapter 7, Von Houten writes, “Language buries, but does not” what?
3. Augustus claims that he’s a bad driver because he has to drive how, in Chapter 2?
(a) While using an oxygen tank
(b) With his left leg
(c) Without the use of his legs
(d) Without the use of his hands
4. What reply does Augustus send when Hazel texts him in Chapter 8, saying, “Still free May three?”
(a) “Everything’s coming up Waters.”
(b) “How about May 4?”
(c) “I’m ready when you are.”
(d) “I’m going to the hospital.”
5. The narrator’s mother in An Imperial Affliction is described in Chapter 4 as having an obsession with what kind of flowers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What television show in Hazel’s mother watching when Hazel arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What holiday does Hazel’s mother say it is when she wakes Hazel in Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of the little girl that asks Hazel about her oxygen device at the mall in Chapter 3?
4. What word from Chapter 13 refers to the disintegration, collapse, or breakdown of norms of thought or behavior?
5. At what time does Hazel’s mother wake her up on the day of their flight in Chapter 10?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)