|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hazel’s American Literature class that she attends in the beginning of Chapter 3, the lecture is about what social reformer?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Frederick Douglass
(c) Susan B. Anthony
(d) Harriet Tubman
2. The quote that opens The Fault in Our Stars is attributed to what fictional author?
(a) Henry Miller White
(b) Jonathan McCready
(c) Peter Van Houten
(d) Augustus Anderson
3. What body part has Isaac lost due to cancer, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) His hand
(b) His spleen
(c) His leg
(d) His eye
4. In the conclusion of the email from Von Houten’s assistant in Chapter 8, she suggests that after meeting Von Houten perhaps they could tour a museum or what monument?
(a) The Rembrandt House
(b) The Anne Frank House
(c) The Van Gogh Museum
(d) St. Nicholas's Basilica
5. What twelve-year-old leukemic does Hazel learn has passed away at the support group meeting in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the “perennially strong appendiceal cancer survivor” that fills in Hazel on the latest events at the cancer support group meeting in Chapter 9?
2. What school does Augustus say he attends in Chapter 2?
3. What does Hazel describe as the only constellation she can recognize in Chapter 5?
4. What poet is the lecture about in Hazel’s Twentieth-Century American Poetry class in Chapter 4?
5. What Shakespearean play does Peter cite in his letter in Chapter 7 with the lines, “The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars / But in ourselves”?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)