|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Hazel says that “Worry is yet another side effect of” what?
2. What does Hazel describe as the only constellation she can recognize in Chapter 5?
3. Who does Hazel describe as the protagonist in the book that Augustus lent her in the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Staff Sergeant Max Mayhem
(b) Harry Potter
(c) Elizabeth Anderson
(d) Corporal Wendy Weatherman
4. What does Hazel say she was diagnosed with at age thirteen in Chapter 2?
(a) Stage IV leukemia
(b) Stage IV thyroid cancer
(c) Stage III diabetes
(d) Stage II lung cancer
5. What Shakespearean play does Peter cite in his letter in Chapter 7 with the lines, “The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars / But in ourselves”?
(a) Julius Caesar
(b) King Lear
(c) Romeo and Juliet
Short Answer Questions
1. In the conclusion of the email from Von Houten’s assistant in Chapter 8, she suggests that after meeting Von Houten perhaps they could tour a museum or what monument?
2. In his letter to Augustus in Chapter 7, Von Houten writes, “Language buries, but does not” what?
3. Augustus says to Hazel as they hang up the phone in Chapter 5, “Maybe okay will be our” what?
4. Whom does Dr. Maria look to when asking about how they should proceed with Hazel’s treatment in the “Cancer Team Meeting” in the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. What holiday does Hazel’s mother say it is when she wakes Hazel in Chapter 3?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)