|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described in Chapter 6 as Augustus’s favorite band?
(a) The White Stripes
(b) The Beatles
(c) The Flaming Lips
(d) The Hectic Glow
2. What body part has Isaac lost due to cancer, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) His leg
(b) His hand
(c) His spleen
(d) His eye
3. Who does Hazel ask her mother to call at the end of Chapter 7?
(b) Dr. Maria
(d) Dr. Jim
4. What does “NEC” stand for in the narrative?
(a) “No evidence of cancer”
(b) “National education committee”
(c) “Negative entropy cancer”
(d) “National environmental committee”
5. What poet is the lecture about in Hazel’s Twentieth-Century American Poetry class in Chapter 4?
(a) Emily Dickinson
(b) Walt Whitman
(c) Sylvia Plath
(d) T. S. Elliot
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Augustus drive in Chapter 2?
2. By what name does Hazel refer to her regular doctor that her mother takes her to see for depression in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Hazel say her parents met while in the Peace Corps in Chapter 5?
4. What holiday does Hazel’s mother say it is when she wakes Hazel in Chapter 3?
5. What is the name of the teddy bear that Hazel’s mother tucks her in with in Chapter 6?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)