|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the little girl that asks Hazel about her oxygen device at the mall in Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of the video game Augustus and Isaac are playing when Hazel arrives in Chapter 4?
(a) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
(b) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
(c) Counterinsurgence 2: The Price of Dawn
(d) Final Fantasy VII
3. What is the name of the teddy bear that Hazel’s mother tucks her in with in Chapter 6?
4. At what park does Hazel recall playing with her father when she was young in Chapter 4?
(a) Holliday Park
(b) Prospect Park
(c) Golden Gate Park
(d) Central Park
5. When Hazel presents the idea of going to Amsterdam to her mother in the beginning of Chapter 6, her mother replies that she will ask whom about it?
(a) Dr. Jim
(b) Dr. Roberts
(c) Dr. Allison
(d) Dr. Maria
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator’s mother in An Imperial Affliction is described in Chapter 4 as having an obsession with what kind of flowers?
2. In Chapter 5, Hazel says that “Worry is yet another side effect of” what?
3. What poet is the lecture about in Hazel’s Twentieth-Century American Poetry class in Chapter 4?
4. How many days is Hazel kept at the hospital after having the fluid drained from her lungs in Chapter 7?
5. In the letter from Peter Van Houten to Augustus in Chapter 7, he writes, “I am in receipt of your electronic mail dated the 14th of April and duly impressed by the Shakespearean complexity of your tragedy. Everyone in this tale has a rock-solid” what?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)