|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie has Hazel come to Augustus’s house to watch in Chapter 2?
(a) When Harry Met Sally
(b) V for Vendetta
(d) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
2. What poet is the lecture about in Hazel’s Twentieth-Century American Poetry class in Chapter 4?
(a) Walt Whitman
(b) T. S. Elliot
(c) Emily Dickinson
(d) Sylvia Plath
3. The quote that opens The Fault in Our Stars is attributed to what fictional author?
(a) Henry Miller White
(b) Peter Van Houten
(c) Jonathan McCready
(d) Augustus Anderson
4. Hazel’s parents come to her room after her outburst at dinner to tell her she is not what, in Chapter 6?
(a) Their daughter
(b) Going to die
(c) A grenade
(d) Going to Amsterdam
5. Hazel reads on the social media wall of Augustus’s ex-girlfriend in Chapter 6 that he had taken to calling her by what nickname when she was in the hospital?
(a) Hulk Smash
(c) Squawling Paula
(d) Love Bug
Short Answer Questions
1. What name has Hazel given to her large rectangular oxygen concentrator in Chapter 3?
2. At what kind of church does Hazel’s cancer support group meet in the novel?
3. In his letter to Augustus in Chapter 7, Von Houten writes, “Language buries, but does not” what?
4. Augustus says to Hazel as they hang up the phone in Chapter 5, “Maybe okay will be our” what?
5. What hospital is Hazel taken to in Chapter 7?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)