|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of An Imperial Affliction is said to be derived from a poem by whom in Chapter 5?
(a) T. S. Elliot
(b) Emily Dickinson
(c) Walt Whitman
(d) Sylvia Plath
2. What color eyes does Hazel have in the novel?
3. What movie has Hazel come to Augustus’s house to watch in Chapter 2?
(a) When Harry Met Sally
(b) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
(d) V for Vendetta
4. The narrator’s mother in An Imperial Affliction is described in Chapter 4 as having an obsession with what kind of flowers?
5. What kind of car does Augustus drive in Chapter 2?
(a) A Ford SUV
(b) A Dodge pickup
(c) A Cadillac sedan
(d) A Toyota SUV
Short Answer Questions
1. Hazel’s parents in Chapter 6 describe her as “a brilliant young reader with a side interest in” what?
2. What food are Augustus’s parents cooking when Augustus and Hazel arrive at his house in Chapter 2?
3. Augustus claims he passed the driving test on which attempt in Chapter 2?
4. What school does Augustus say he attends in Chapter 2?
5. What poet is the lecture about in Hazel’s Twentieth-Century American Poetry class in Chapter 4?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)