1. When is Abraham Lincoln inaugurated?
(a) November 2, 1864.
(b) January 20, 1862.
(c) May 1, 1860.
(d) March 4, 1861.
2. Why do mobs burn railroad bridges in Chapter 1?
(a) To prevent goods from being sent South.
(b) To prevent troops from passing through to Washington, DC.
(c) To protest an increase on cotton tax.
(d) To prevent goods from being sent North.
3. Whom does Lincoln turn to for advice when Baltimore mobs burn railroad bridges?
(a) Edward Bates.
(b) Edwin M. Stanton.
(c) William H. Seward.
(d) Ulysses S. Grant.
4. Who produces a digest of opinions on martial law for President Lincoln in Chapter 1?
(a) Edwin M. Stanton.
(b) William H. Seward.
(c) Edward Bates.
(d) Titian J. Coffey.
5. Which former U.S. President does Lincoln admire?
(a) James Buchanan.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Millard Fillmore.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
6. What orders does President Lincoln give General Benjamin F. Butler and General-in-Chief Winfield Scott in Chapter 1?
(a) Attack on sight.
(b) Watch, wait and be ready to respond.
(c) Free those in chains, chain those who fight.
(d) Arrest any who resist.
This section contains 5,465 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)