|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Surprise end up on a mud bank?
(a) The pilot runs her aground.
(b) They run aground intentionally when they discover a leak.
(c) It is unavoidable because it is low tide.
(d) They are avoiding a large, fallen tree.
2. How long does Surprise sit on the mud bank?
(a) A week.
(b) Several hours.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Several days.
3. What happens when Horner is taken to sick berth?
(a) He dies.
(b) He goes into a coma.
(c) He confesses everything to Maturin.
(d) He recovers pretty rapidly.
4. Who is on the verge of death?
(b) Mrs. Horner.
(c) Mr. Horner.
(d) Aubrey's son.
5. What does Mrs. Horner claim about her husband?
(a) He is having an affair with another wife on the ship.
(b) He is suicidal.
(c) He has syphilis.
(d) He will kill her if he learns she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aubrey in a hurry to do?
2. Where does Surprise pass that has Maturin and Martin salivating to stop?
3. What does Maturin respond to Horner?
4. What does Maturin think the sound is?
5. Why is São Francisco mentioned?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)