|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Maturin and Martin spend their days?
(a) Wining and dining the local women.
(b) Ashore botanizing and hiking.
(c) Counseling the crew members.
(d) Researching a cure for malaria.
2. Why is Aubrey in such a hurry after they leave the area of São Francisco?
(a) Norfolk has a 16-day lead on them.
(b) Constitution has a 16-day lead on them.
(c) Napoleon has ratched up his naval war.
(d) He learns Sophie is dying.
3. Who does not return to the ship after Aubrey orders Surprise to set sail?
(b) No one.
(c) Hollom, Horner and Mrs. Horner.
(d) Maturin and Martin.
4. When does a strange wailing begin?
(a) When Horner dies.
(b) When Horner lapses into a coma.
(c) When Higgins jumps overboard.
(d) When Higgins shoots himself in the head.
5. Padeen Coleman is proving himself to be ____________.
(a) Useful and reliable.
(d) Well-versed in medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Maturin furious when Aubrey turns to the open seas?
2. What does Maturin find when he arrives at Horner's cabin?
3. What joins Surprise as they are slipping through the islands?
4. What happens when Horner is taken to sick berth?
5. What does Aubrey learn about their prey?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)