|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aubrey do when Maturin goes overboard?
(a) Nothing as he does not observe it happen.
(b) Sounds the man overboard pipes.
(c) Throws some other things overboard to mark the spot.
(d) Leaps in to save him.
2. How does Aubrey get updated information about the ship he is chasing?
(a) There are British whalers in the longboat.
(b) A British man-o-war is patrolling the area.
(c) The natives describe a ship that could be the Constitution.
(d) He is unable to get any recent information.
3. What does Manu do when a shark appears?
(a) Dives in and kills it with a knife.
(b) Spears it.
(c) Dives in and harpoons it.
(d) Throws an oar at it.
4. How do Maturin and Martin spend their days?
(a) Ashore botanizing and hiking.
(b) Wining and dining the local women.
(c) Researching a cure for malaria.
(d) Counseling the crew members.
5. In what condition is the pilot when Surprise is leaving?
(a) There is no pilot.
(c) Very ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes many days to traverse?
2. What happens a few days after Mrs. Horner talks to Maturin?
3. How does this acquaintance help the Surprise?
4. What does Surprise encounter and capture?
5. What does Mrs. Horner ask of Maturin?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)