|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is on the verge of death?
(a) Mr. Horner.
(b) Aubrey's son.
(d) Mrs. Horner.
2. What do they learn as the Surprise is about ready?
(a) The Constitution has passed by.
(b) The Norfolk has passed by.
(c) Surprise is being recalled to the Mediterranean.
(d) The Norfolk is still in dry dock.
3. What is Aubrey in a hurry to do?
(a) Get a dispatch off to England.
(b) Get to sea.
(c) Get back to England and leave his son with his wife.
(d) Get back to the Mediterranean.
4. What do Maturin and Martin find fascinating about Juan Fernandez Island?
(a) The flora and fauna.
(b) A plant that has sedating properties.
(c) The immunity the natives seem to have to certain diseases.
(d) The geology of the island.
5. What does Mrs. Horner ask of Maturin?
(a) For a private consultation.
(b) For something to help her husband's impotency.
(c) For some coca leaves.
(d) For a way to prevent pregnancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not return to the ship after Aubrey orders Surprise to set sail?
2. What does Surprise do at Juan Fernandez Island?
3. How does Maturin react to what he learns?
4. When does a strange wailing begin?
5. What does Aubrey plan to grab to save Maturin?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)