|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Higgins?
(a) The third mate.
(b) Aubrey's valet.
(c) The cook.
(d) Maturin's nominal assistant.
2. With whom do the Fieldings meet socially?
3. How does Surprise send mail home?
(a) With a British man-o-war they meet up with.
(b) With a Dutch freighter.
(c) With the Indiamen.
(d) With a private British schooner.
4. Who once gave Mrs. Fielding passage aboard his ship?
5. How many previous names has Surprise had?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Wray?
2. What happens to several of Aubrey's officers?
3. Why does Horner seek a consultation with Maturin?
4. What is running low on the ship?
5. Why does Aubrey need a schoolteacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the outcome of Butcher and Martin's attempt to trephine Maturin?
2. What ship does Surprise recapture and what do they learn about Norfolk?
3. How do Aubrey and Maturin react to being on the desolate island?
4. How does the dinner engagement affect the rumor? What other rumor about Maturin and Mrs. Fielding is circulating?
5. What does Maturin do aboard the Danaë?
6. What does Allen say about how whales are used?
7. What does Aubrey do with the Danaë?
8. With whom does Aubrey meet in Gibraltar and what is the rumor about him and Mrs. Fielding?
9. Whom does Surprise encounter and what do they send with them?
10. What does Horner do to himself and how does the crew react?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)