|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wray constantly work to do?
(a) Destroy Maturin.
(b) Finding new species of plants in the West Indies.
(c) Support Maturin.
(d) Ferret out double spies for British intelligence.
2. What is the passageway down the river like?
(a) Fast current and gentle bends.
(b) A clear, deep channel.
(c) They do not have to go down the river.
3. What does Aubrey notice as Surprise sails South?
(a) The crew is hiding something from Aubrey.
(b) Divisions in the crews.
(c) The bilges are smelling particularly badly.
(d) The crew is getting along better than usual.
4. Who is Dundas?
(a) A longtime friend of Aubrey's.
(b) Maturin's cousin.
(c) Mrs. Fielding's brother.
(d) A longtime enemy of Aubrey's.
5. Why does Aubrey need a schoolteacher?
(a) He has many young midshipmen.
(b) He is bringing two of his sons on board for his next assignment.
(c) He is ferrying a group of families to the West Indies.
(d) He has no need of a school teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in São Francisco?
2. Where do the bank-notes come from that are loaded onto Surprise?
3. What does Maturin think the sound is?
4. Whom does Maturin observe trying to flirt with Mrs. Horner?
5. Who is Midshipman Hollom?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)