|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is São Francisco mentioned?
(a) It is where the USS Norfolk is last seen.
(b) It is where the Surprise goes for repairs.
(c) It is where the USS Constitution is last seen.
(d) It is where Mrs. Hosker is born.
2. With whom do the Fieldings meet socially?
3. In what condition is the pilot when Surprise is leaving?
(b) Very ill.
(d) There is no pilot.
4. What kind of ship is the Surprise?
(a) A British man-of-war.
(b) A merchant frigate.
(c) A slaver.
(d) A passenger ferry.
5. Why is Aubrey in such a hurry after they leave the area of São Francisco?
(a) Constitution has a 16-day lead on them.
(b) Napoleon has ratched up his naval war.
(c) Norfolk has a 16-day lead on them.
(d) He learns Sophie is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Surprise end up on a mud bank?
2. What was the mission when Mr. Allen sailed with Colnett?
3. From where are live eels supposedly removed?
4. Who acts as First Lieutenant?
5. Where is Surprise to meet the HMS Danaë?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)