|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aubrey need a schoolteacher?
(a) He is bringing two of his sons on board for his next assignment.
(b) He is ferrying a group of families to the West Indies.
(c) He has many young midshipmen.
(d) He has no need of a school teacher.
2. What request does Maturin make of Aubrey concerning his friend?
(a) To talk to the Captain of the ship where Brierly is presently stationed.
(b) To talk to the Captain of the ship where Jells is presently stationed.
(c) To bring him on board the Surprise.
(d) To loan him some money.
3. Who agrees to accept a lesser position on Surprise since he has no other options at the time?
(d) Tom Pullings.
4. What mission is Aubrey given?
(a) To wait in the West Indies for a new assignment.
(b) To capture or destroy the USS Norfolk.
(c) To dry dock Surprise for new cannons.
(d) To return Mr. Wray to London.
5. Who has Aubrey eyed in town as a possible romantic partner before he learns her identity?
(a) Mrs. Coleman.
(b) Mrs. Martin.
(c) Mrs. Horner.
(d) Mrs. Fielding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Wray?
2. What is Higgins' skill that Maturin needs?
3. Who is Midshipman Hollom?
4. What was the mission when Mr. Allen sailed with Colnett?
5. What does Diana request of Maturin?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)