|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8, 9, and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where are live eels supposedly removed?
(a) The brains of the crew.
(b) The grain bags.
(c) The intestines of the crew.
(d) The bilge.
2. What happens to several of Aubrey's officers?
(a) They retire.
(b) They desert.
(c) They are ill.
(d) They are promoted onto other ships.
3. What becomes evident as the days pass?
(a) Hollom has to be fired.
(b) Surprise is extensively damaged.
(c) Maturin is ready to retire and go home to Dianna.
(d) Aubrey's son is dying.
4. What does Sir Ives say about the USS Norfolk?
(a) It is prowling the waters of South America.
(b) It is on a mission to destroy British whalers.
(c) It is stranded in Greenland.
(d) It is on a mission to enlist France's aid against the British.
5. What joins Surprise as they are slipping through the islands?
(a) A longboat.
(b) An Indiaman.
(c) A French privateer.
(d) A few native canoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two factions of the crew are doing well together?
2. With whom do the Fieldings meet socially?
3. What does Aubrey spend much time doing?
4. Who is Dundas?
5. Why does Aubrey push the crew so hard?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)