|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Horner claim about her husband?
(a) He has syphilis.
(b) He is having an affair with another wife on the ship.
(c) He is suicidal.
(d) He will kill her if he learns she is pregnant.
2. What does Maturin respond to Horner?
(a) He had no idea Mrs. Horner was pregnant.
(b) He tried to get Mrs. Horner to talk to her husband.
(c) He did not help Horner's wife abort the baby.
(d) He did not know Horner was still impotent.
3. About what is Aubrey anxious?
(a) Hollom's abuse of the crew.
(b) His son who is with him is ill.
(c) To get Surprise back on its mission.
(d) Sophie has not written in months.
4. What does Maturin think the sound is?
(a) A whale.
(b) The sound of the seaweed flowing against the keel.
(c) A sirocco-type wind.
(d) A manatee-like creature.
5. Why does Aubrey contrive to cross the equator on Sunday?
(a) It is considered good luck to do so.
(b) So the crew will not party.
(c) So they will not be in port until the next week.
(d) He does not contrive to do so; it just happens.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where are earwigs supposedly removed?
2. What does Aubrey plan to grab to save Maturin?
3. Padeen Coleman is proving himself to be ____________.
4. Who acts as Second Lieutenant?
5. What does Maturin do with the blood from the crew?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)