Chapters 1 and 2
1. What kind of ship is the Surprise?
(a) A British man-of-war.
(b) A passenger ferry.
(c) A slaver.
(d) A merchant frigate.
2. How many previous names has Surprise had?
3. Who commands Surprise?
(a) Captain Fielding.
(b) Captain Jack Aubrey.
(c) Captain Hollom.
(d) Captain Stephen Maturin.
4. Where is Surprise docking?
(a) The West Indies.
(d) Near London.
5. What has the Surprise been doing prior to docking here?
(a) Having a series of adventures in the Mediterranean.
(b) Capturing slavers in the West Indies.
(c) Been in dry dock being refitted.
(d) Returning the British diplomat to the United States.
6. With whom do the Fieldings meet socially?
7. Who once gave Mrs. Fielding passage aboard his ship?
8. What rumors once existed about Mrs. Fielding?
(a) She was a British undercover agent.
(b) She was a French spy.
(c) She was having an affair with Nelson.
(d) She was having an affair with Aubrey.
This section contains 4,950 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)