|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Azaro withdraw from his parents in the world of the living?
2. Sitting in a tree, Azaro has a great view of not only the blind man's home, but also __________.
3. Who tells Azaro's father to "be what you are"?
4. Who purchases a car and doesn't know how to drive it?
5. What does Azaro's father decide to train as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Madame Koto known as the Queen of the Ghetto Night?
2. After Azaro's father decides to train as a boxer, what happens to lead Azaro to withdraw into himself?
3. What happens when Madame Koto holds an exclusive party with a tent set up near her bar?
4. What happens when Azaro's father fights the man in the white suit?
5. How does Azaro's father affect the spirit world while Azaro is withdrawn?
6. What does the great river signify on Azaro's journey, and why does he not want to cross it?
7. Why is Azaro's father so excited when he wakes up in Book 8?
8. How does the three-headed spirit die, and who kills him?
9. How are Helen and the beggars connected?
10. Who is Ade, how does Azaro meet him, and what happens when he walks with Azaro in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is abikus? Compare and contrast Ade and Azaro's life as abikus. Use story details.
Essay Topic 2
Azaro's father becomes more involved with the spirit world as evidenced in Book Six. Cite specific details involving these interactions and discuss the significance of each to the story and/or its impact on the relationship between father and son.
Essay Topic 3
In this story many incidents occurred involving story characters. Choose any combination of characters and incidents, and after describing each discuss the impact of them on the story.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)