|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Azaro's father decide to train as?
2. Who cleans up the garbage on the road every now and then?
3. On the journey, Azaro and the "guide" come to what place with ever changing colors?
4. Who distracts Azaro's father during his fight with the man in the white suit?
5. Whose face does Azaro see on a lizard during his journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. The more Azaro's father trains, what happens with the villagers, with food for him and his mother, and with his father?
2. How does the rain coming down for two weeks affect Azaro at home and at school?
3. How does Azaro's father change after encountering the spirit in his sleep that the priest of the roads helped him fight?
4. How does the three-headed spirit die, and who kills him?
5. Why does Koto come to Azaro in his sleep, and what happens?
6. What happens in the spirit world and in the world of the living involving Azaro's journey and the blind man?
7. What happens at the party Azaro's father has for his newly acquired taste for politics?
8. What happens with Azaro's father after he defeats the Green Leopard, and who does Azaro's mother call to help him?
9. How are Helen and the beggars connected?
10. How does Azaro's mother respond to the spirit beggars in their home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Book Four there are a lot of changes (with Madame Koto, Azaro, Azaro's father, Azaro's mother, relationships between them and others). Discuss these changes, with examples from the story cited in your response.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout Book Two, Azaro notices spirits in the bar on several occasions, and at the end of the Book he sees spirits rising up to join the crowd just before they clash with the thugs. What connections are there between incidents that occur immediately before or after Azaro sees spirits in this Book?
Essay Topic 3
What is abikus? Compare and contrast Ade and Azaro's life as abikus. Use story details.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)