|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who purchases a car and doesn't know how to drive it?
2. Who comes to visit Azaro's father during his recovery, but leaves because other visitors make this person feel uncomfortable?
3. Who says poverty is driving this person mad?
4. Who follows Azaro's father around when he shadowboxes outside?
5. Who helps Azaro remove the person distracting his father in Book 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the spirit world and in the world of the living involving Azaro's journey and the blind man?
2. What happens when the eyes and lights come back to watch Azaro's father shadowboxing at night?
3. What is going on with food in Azaro's home in Book 8?
4. Why is Azaro's father so excited when he wakes up in Book 8?
5. What happens with Azaro's father after he defeats the Green Leopard, and who does Azaro's mother call to help him?
6. What happens when Madame Koto holds an exclusive party with a tent set up near her bar?
7. After Azaro's father decides to train as a boxer, what happens to lead Azaro to withdraw into himself?
8. How does Azaro's father affect the spirit world while Azaro is withdrawn?
9. Why does Madame Koto finally hire a driver for her newly purchased car?
10. What happens when Azaro's father fights the man in the white suit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Book Six Madame Koto is even larger in size and she is sad, even though she has more wealth than anyone in the village. Discuss the implication of her weight to her wealth and also discuss why Madame Koto might be so sad in spite of her newfound wealth. What are some things Madame Koto has given up that she may now miss or regret in pursuit of her new status among the party of the rich and her recently acquired wealth?
Essay Topic 2
In Book Five after being beaten by his parents, Azaro withdraws more and more from the world of the living. What does Azaro see on his journey and which people from the world of the living are found on his journey? Which ones affect his journey, and what happens in each instance?
Essay Topic 3
In Book Three, Azaro's mother is dealing with several things in this part of the story. Describe each situation and how her response is affecting Azaro and/or the story.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)