|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While fighting the former robber-turned-boxer, where does Azaro's father disappear to?
2. As Azaro and his "guide" travel, what flows backward against their travel?
3. Sitting in a tree, Azaro has a great view of not only the blind man's home, but also __________.
4. What is the name of the former robber-turned-boxer that challenges Azaro's father to a boxing match?
5. Whose face does Azaro see on a lizard during his journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the party Azaro's father has for his newly acquired taste for politics?
2. What do the beggars that follow Azaro do once they are in the bar?
3. What is going on with food in Azaro's home in Book 8?
4. What does the great river signify on Azaro's journey, and why does he not want to cross it?
5. While withdrawn, what happens with Azaro in the spirit world?
6. What happens with Azaro's father after he defeats the Green Leopard, and who does Azaro's mother call to help him?
7. Why is Madame Koto known as the Queen of the Ghetto Night?
8. How are Helen and the beggars connected?
9. How does Azaro's mother respond to the spirit beggars in their home?
10. What happens when Madame Koto holds an exclusive party with a tent set up near her bar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Book One, fire and or rioting have occurred around Azaro. Cite each instance and discuss the implications not only of each occurrence but their combined and individual significance to the story, and to the characters.
Essay Topic 2
In Book Three, Azaro's mother is dealing with several things in this part of the story. Describe each situation and how her response is affecting Azaro and/or the story.
Essay Topic 3
What is abikus? Compare and contrast Ade and Azaro's life as abikus. Use story details.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)