|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Azaro's father in his dreams?
2. Who says abiku is like Azaro?
3. What do the eyes watch besides Azaro's father when he shadowboxes outside at night?
4. After the beatings, what does Azaro refuse to do?
5. How many days does it take Azaro's father to recover from his fight with the boxer that disappeared?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Azaro's mother respond to the spirit beggars in their home?
2. The more Azaro's father trains, what happens with the villagers, with food for him and his mother, and with his father?
3. Who is Ade, how does Azaro meet him, and what happens when he walks with Azaro in the woods?
4. Why does Koto come to Azaro in his sleep, and what happens?
5. What happens at the party Azaro's father has for his newly acquired taste for politics?
6. What happens with Azaro's father after he defeats the Green Leopard, and who does Azaro's mother call to help him?
7. How does Azaro's father change after encountering the spirit in his sleep that the priest of the roads helped him fight?
8. The four-headed spirit came to Azaro in different forms. What are they and how does Azaro respond?
9. What is going on with food in Azaro's home in Book 8?
10. Why are the gods angry with Azaro, and what do they do about it while he is on his journey with the three-headed spirit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Book Seven after Azaro killed the lizard, his father comes in and says "A man can wander around the planet and still not move an inch. A man can have so much light in his mind and still not see what's right in front of him... A man can carry the world and still not be able to bear the load of his own head." Using examples from the story, discuss how these statements are true in Azaro's father's life.
Essay Topic 2
In this story many incidents occurred involving story characters. Choose any combination of characters and incidents, and after describing each discuss the impact of them on the story.
Essay Topic 3
In Book Five after being beaten by his parents, Azaro withdraws more and more from the world of the living. What does Azaro see on his journey and which people from the world of the living are found on his journey? Which ones affect his journey, and what happens in each instance?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)