|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cleans up the garbage on the road every now and then?
2. What does Koto bring out to the priest that leads the protest in front of her bar?
3. What does Azaro tell his parents about the money?
4. Who does not eat the food Azaro's mother puts out for this person?
5. Who does Azaro steal food for?
Essay Topic 1
Azaro's mom talks to him about seeing a classmate on the road in a nice car, with a driver, who looked a decade younger than her and didn't event recognize her when she sold her some oranges. Throughout the story, not just here in Book Seven, Azaro's mom has lamented her life. Cite several instances of this and discuss how they impact your perception of the story and the characters, specifically Azaro and his father.
Essay Topic 2
In Book One, the story begins with Azaro describing the spirit world's river that became a road. At the end of Book One the story reveals to Azaro that his paternal grandfather was the head priest of the roads. Discuss the magical connections that link this story and its family members.
Essay Topic 3
In Book Three, Azaro's mother is dealing with several things in this part of the story. Describe each situation and how her response is affecting Azaro and/or the story.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)