|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a door widened to fit through when they walk?
2. After defeating the former robber-turned-boxer, who does Azaro's father fight in his sleep?
3. Whose yard is Azaro blown into by the storm?
4. Who persuades the priest to lead the protest in front of Koto's bar?
5. Azaro's mother puts this out when this person comes to their home each morning.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the three-headed spirit die, and who kills him?
2. Who is Ade, how does Azaro meet him, and what happens when he walks with Azaro in the woods?
3. How are Helen and the beggars connected?
4. What happens with Azaro's father after he defeats the Green Leopard, and who does Azaro's mother call to help him?
5. What does Azaro's mother pray for and why is she praying?
6. How does Azaro's father affect the spirit world while Azaro is withdrawn?
7. What happens in the spirit world and in the world of the living involving Azaro's journey and the blind man?
8. What happens when Azaro's father fights the man in the white suit?
9. How does Azaro's mother respond to the spirit beggars in their home?
10. The more Azaro's father trains, what happens with the villagers, with food for him and his mother, and with his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Book Five after being beaten by his parents, Azaro withdraws more and more from the world of the living. What does Azaro see on his journey and which people from the world of the living are found on his journey? Which ones affect his journey, and what happens in each instance?
Essay Topic 2
Azaro's mom talks to him about seeing a classmate on the road in a nice car, with a driver, who looked a decade younger than her and didn't event recognize her when she sold her some oranges. Throughout the story, not just here in Book Seven, Azaro's mom has lamented her life. Cite several instances of this and discuss how they impact your perception of the story and the characters, specifically Azaro and his father.
Essay Topic 3
In Book One, fire and or rioting have occurred around Azaro. Cite each instance and discuss the implications not only of each occurrence but their combined and individual significance to the story, and to the characters.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)