|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after cleaning the house from the celebration, with whom does Azaro go to sell wares?
2. That night, after Azaro warns the person about the three men in glasses, the thugs and the village people become violent. Where does Azaro hide?
3. What family does not get sick from the milk?
4. Who does Azaro start to visit less and less in Book 4?
5. The man Azaro helps out the back door and away from the thugs chasing him is caught by them and taken where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What vision does Azaro have about the three men in glasses and what does he do about his vision?
2. Why does Azaro no longer like Madame Koto in Book 3?
3. Describe what happens to Azaro when he gets lost in the forest walking home from the bar in Book 1.
4. What happens at the party Azaro's father has for his newly acquired taste for politics?
5. What happens involving the party of the rich and the villagers?
6. While withdrawn, what happens with Azaro in the spirit world?
7. Why are the gods angry with Azaro, and what do they do about it while he is on his journey with the three-headed spirit?
8. In Book 4, Azaro visited the bar less and less. Why? When he does visit, what does he find?
9. After Azaro's father decides to train as a boxer, what happens to lead Azaro to withdraw into himself?
10. Why does Azaro's father say they would not step foot in the bar again?
Essay Topic 1
In Book Three, Azaro realizes he dislikes Madame Koto for the first time. Why? Also in Book Three, while sitting with Madame Koto after she gets in a rage and throws everyone out of the bar, Azaro concludes that nothing will ever be the same. Discuss this conclusion.
Essay Topic 2
In Book Five after being beaten by his parents, Azaro withdraws more and more from the world of the living. What does Azaro see on his journey and which people from the world of the living are found on his journey? Which ones affect his journey, and what happens in each instance?
Essay Topic 3
In Book Five, discuss the rain and its impact on the story, the characters, and their lives.
This section contains 1,625 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)