|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who harasses Azaro's mother at the market?
2. In the spirit world, what is described as always hungry?
3. Waiting for the bar to open, Azaro takes a walk in the forest and notices the forest is what?
4. When Azaro is kidnapped during a fire and riot in his family's living compound, who tells him to run for his life?
5. When Koto asks for Azaro to come back to the bar he does, and Azaro notices a new ________ for the bar.
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Azaro's father, what is the story of the King of the Road?
2. What happens when the creditors come to the house in Azaro's father's absence, and how does he react when he gets home that evening and finds out what they have done?
3. What is the story about the white man about, and who tells it to Azaro?
4. What happens to Azaro after he runs from the three women?
5. Why does Azaro's father say they would not step foot in the bar again?
6. Why is Azaro's mother not doing well at the market place?
7. What happens during the celebration of Azaro's return?
8. Why does Azaro want to leave the police officer's home he is taken to after he faints on the street?
9. What happens after the rainy season starts?
10. When Azaro begins sitting at the bar for Madame Koto, what does he notice about the bar's visitors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Book Five, discuss the rain and its impact on the story, the characters, and their lives.
Essay Topic 2
What do you think would have happened if Madame Koto was not a part of this story, and if the impact she had on other characters in the story had not occurred? Use specific events from the story where Madame Koto had a direct impact on others.
Essay Topic 3
While Azaro's father is sleeping in Book Eight, Azaro walks in his dreams. Describe what he sees and the perceptions he has, and discuss the impact of this on the story.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)