|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A blind man on the street sees Azaro and chases him to get what so he can see?
2. Who tells Azaro to follow him to the spirit world?
3. Which creditor forgives Azaro's father some of his debt?
4. Politicians in a van pass out what to the crowd?
5. Azaro runs from the blind man to the construction site where he sees a pit open up and swallow workers and what man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Azaro's mother not doing well at the market place?
2. What vision does Azaro have about the three men in glasses and what does he do about his vision?
3. In Book 4, Azaro visited the bar less and less. Why? When he does visit, what does he find?
4. Why does Azaro want to leave the police officer's home he is taken to after he faints on the street?
5. Why is it an enigma to Azaro that this time he is born smiling?
6. When Azaro begins sitting at the bar for Madame Koto, what does he notice about the bar's visitors?
7. What happens during the celebration of Azaro's return?
8. Why does Azaro's mother think the villagers do not like them anymore?
9. What happens to Azaro after he runs from the three women?
10. When Azaro wanders into a building in Book 4, what happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Azaro's father is sleeping in Book Eight, Azaro walks in his dreams. Describe what he sees and the perceptions he has, and discuss the impact of this on the story.
Essay Topic 2
In Book Five after being beaten by his parents, Azaro withdraws more and more from the world of the living. What does Azaro see on his journey and which people from the world of the living are found on his journey? Which ones affect his journey, and what happens in each instance?
Essay Topic 3
In the end, Azaro's father wakes up and gives a speech about basically making the right choices. Discuss how the father's words connect with the overall story in regards to choosing and traveling on a road.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)