|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the weapon from Azaro's father after the men flee?
2. Who does the white man send to chase and beat the children?
3. Looking through the mask everything becomes _______.
4. When Koto asks for Azaro to come back to the bar he does, and Azaro notices a new ________ for the bar.
5. Politicians in a van pass out what to the crowd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens involving the party of the rich and the villagers?
2. What happens the second time Azaro is abducted?
3. Describe what happens to Azaro when he gets lost in the forest walking home from the bar in Book 1.
4. What happens when the thugs and villagers clash the night Azaro hides in the van?
5. Why does Azaro call on the wind to punish the man at the construction site, and who is he?
6. Why does Azaro's mother think the villagers do not like them anymore?
7. Why does Azaro want to leave the police officer's home he is taken to after he faints on the street?
8. What happens after the rainy season starts?
9. Why does Azaro's father want to fight the new customers in the bar?
10. Who are the three men in glasses looking for, and what happens when they find where this person works?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Book One, the story begins with Azaro describing the spirit world's river that became a road. At the end of Book One the story reveals to Azaro that his paternal grandfather was the head priest of the roads. Discuss the magical connections that link this story and its family members.
Essay Topic 2
While Azaro's father is sleeping in Book Eight, Azaro walks in his dreams. Describe what he sees and the perceptions he has, and discuss the impact of this on the story.
Essay Topic 3
What is abikus? Compare and contrast Ade and Azaro's life as abikus. Use story details.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)