|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the bar, who urinates all over the floor and breaks the furniture?
2. Who is born smiling?
3. Who is in the van with the politicians, besides the thugs?
4. What does Azaro's father catch in the woods and take to their new home to roast in celebration of Azaro's return from being lost after the fire and riot at their old compound?
5. Who does Azaro start to visit less and less in Book 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before Azaro is awakened by the photographer returning from the marsh, what is he doing?
2. Describe what happens to Azaro when he gets lost in the forest walking home from the bar in Book 1.
3. What happens to Azaro after he runs from the three women?
4. What is the story about the white man about, and who tells it to Azaro?
5. What does Azaro notice about his new home in Book 1?
6. What happens after the rainy season starts?
7. Why does Azaro no longer like Madame Koto in Book 3?
8. What happens the second time Azaro is abducted?
9. Why does Azaro's mother think the villagers do not like them anymore?
10. When Azaro wanders into a building in Book 4, what happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the end, Azaro's father wakes up and gives a speech about basically making the right choices. Discuss how the father's words connect with the overall story in regards to choosing and traveling on a road.
Essay Topic 2
In this story many incidents occurred involving story characters. Choose any combination of characters and incidents, and after describing each discuss the impact of them on the story.
Essay Topic 3
What is abikus? Compare and contrast Ade and Azaro's life as abikus. Use story details.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)