|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Azaro eavesdrop on at the bar?
2. In the spirit world, what is described as always hungry?
3. Why do the spirits floating in the crowds chase Azaro?
4. The day after cleaning the house from the celebration, with whom does Azaro go to sell wares?
5. Who does the white man send to chase and beat the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Madame Koto hang the fetish, and why does she decide to close the bar abruptly on the night she had really good business?
2. Why does Azaro's father want to fight the new customers in the bar?
3. Chased from the bar in Book 4, what happens to Azaro after he awakens in the forest?
4. Why is Azaro's mother not doing well at the market place?
5. When Azaro wanders into a building in Book 4, what happens?
6. What happens during the celebration of Azaro's return?
7. In Book 4, Azaro visited the bar less and less. Why? When he does visit, what does he find?
8. When Azaro begins sitting at the bar for Madame Koto, what does he notice about the bar's visitors?
9. Why does Azaro's mother think the villagers do not like them anymore?
10. What happens involving the party of the rich and the villagers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Book Five after being beaten by his parents, Azaro withdraws more and more from the world of the living. What does Azaro see on his journey and which people from the world of the living are found on his journey? Which ones affect his journey, and what happens in each instance?
Essay Topic 2
What is abikus? Compare and contrast Ade and Azaro's life as abikus. Use story details.
Essay Topic 3
Storms are weaved throughout this story. What is the significance of storms to Azaro's spirit world existence and his life among the living?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)