|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chased from the bar in Book 3, Azaro flees into the forest and sleeps only to awaken to find what?
2. Who does Azaro stare at and wish for the wind to punish when he wanders in the woods with the other children?
3. When Azaro wanders further into the city, who does he see carrying bags of salt?
4. While the police officer's home is on fire, who knocks on the door to get Azaro?
5. After escaping his abductors, Azaro awakens the next day and after getting home, what does his father do to him for being late and worrying them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens to Azaro when he gets lost in the forest walking home from the bar in Book 1.
2. Why does Azaro's mother think the villagers do not like them anymore?
3. What happens during the celebration of Azaro's return?
4. What happens to Azaro after he runs from the three women?
5. When Azaro wanders into a building in Book 4, what happens?
6. Why is Azaro's mother not doing well at the market place?
7. How is the landlord in the new compound portrayed in this part of the story?
8. What happens involving the party of the rich and the villagers?
9. What happens when the thugs and villagers clash the night Azaro hides in the van?
10. In Book 4, Azaro visited the bar less and less. Why? When he does visit, what does he find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Book Six Madame Koto is even larger in size and she is sad, even though she has more wealth than anyone in the village. Discuss the implication of her weight to her wealth and also discuss why Madame Koto might be so sad in spite of her newfound wealth. What are some things Madame Koto has given up that she may now miss or regret in pursuit of her new status among the party of the rich and her recently acquired wealth?
Essay Topic 2
In this story many incidents occurred involving story characters. Choose any combination of characters and incidents, and after describing each discuss the impact of them on the story.
Essay Topic 3
In the end, Azaro's father wakes up and gives a speech about basically making the right choices. Discuss how the father's words connect with the overall story in regards to choosing and traveling on a road.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)