|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Azaro's father, who eats travelers that do not make sacrifices unto him?
2. What does Azaro view as a spirit box?
3. As Azaro goes back to the bar he sees Madame Koto counting a large amount of money. When Koto sees him, she calls him what?
4. The man Azaro helps out the back door and away from the thugs chasing him is caught by them and taken where?
5. Azaro's family fears the other villagers are angry at them because someone had _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Azaro call on the wind to punish the man at the construction site, and who is he?
2. Why does Azaro's father want to fight the new customers in the bar?
3. What does Azaro notice about his new home in Book 1?
4. What does the three-headed spirit want with Azaro when he returns to the bar in Book 4?
5. Why is it an enigma to Azaro that this time he is born smiling?
6. What is the story about the white man about, and who tells it to Azaro?
7. What happens when the creditors come to the house in Azaro's father's absence, and how does he react when he gets home that evening and finds out what they have done?
8. In Book 4, what happens with Azaro's fathers and the prostitutes at Koto's bar?
9. What happens when the thugs and villagers clash the night Azaro hides in the van?
10. What happens involving the party of the rich and the villagers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this story many incidents occurred involving story characters. Choose any combination of characters and incidents, and after describing each discuss the impact of them on the story.
Essay Topic 2
In Book Four there are a lot of changes (with Madame Koto, Azaro, Azaro's father, Azaro's mother, relationships between them and others). Discuss these changes, with examples from the story cited in your response.
Essay Topic 3
In Book One, fire and or rioting have occurred around Azaro. Cite each instance and discuss the implications not only of each occurrence but their combined and individual significance to the story, and to the characters.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)