|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Azaro's father is working and his mother sells wares, what are they short of at home?
2. After the celebration, many drunken men who were asleep on the floor had to be carried out, but the landlord awakened and demanded what?
3. Who does Azaro's father confront about being attacked at the end of Book 4?
4. Azaro's family fears the other villagers are angry at them because someone had _________________.
5. Upon his return to the bar, Azaro finds more updates and new customers, including this man who yells at Azaro and who Madame Koto refers to as a chief.
Short Essay Questions
1. Before Azaro is awakened by the photographer returning from the marsh, what is he doing?
2. What happens when the thugs and villagers clash the night Azaro hides in the van?
3. What happens when the creditors come to the house in Azaro's father's absence, and how does he react when he gets home that evening and finds out what they have done?
4. What is the story about the white man about, and who tells it to Azaro?
5. In Book 4, Azaro visited the bar less and less. Why? When he does visit, what does he find?
6. What happens with the rats after the photographer brings the poison?
7. What vision does Azaro have about the three men in glasses and what does he do about his vision?
8. What happens involving the party of the rich and the villagers?
9. When Azaro begins sitting at the bar for Madame Koto, what does he notice about the bar's visitors?
10. Describe what happens to Azaro when he gets lost in the forest walking home from the bar in Book 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think would have happened if Madame Koto was not a part of this story, and if the impact she had on other characters in the story had not occurred? Use specific events from the story where Madame Koto had a direct impact on others.
Essay Topic 2
Azaro's mom talks to him about seeing a classmate on the road in a nice car, with a driver, who looked a decade younger than her and didn't event recognize her when she sold her some oranges. Throughout the story, not just here in Book Seven, Azaro's mom has lamented her life. Cite several instances of this and discuss how they impact your perception of the story and the characters, specifically Azaro and his father.
Essay Topic 3
While Azaro's father is sleeping in Book Eight, Azaro walks in his dreams. Describe what he sees and the perceptions he has, and discuss the impact of this on the story.
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)