|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do most of the spirits leave with after the celebration?
2. Looking through the mask everything becomes _______.
3. That night, after Azaro warns the person about the three men in glasses, the thugs and the village people become violent. Where does Azaro hide?
4. According to Azaro's father, who eats travelers that do not make sacrifices unto him?
5. As Azaro walks home from the bar through the forest, who does he meet and ask questions of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the thugs and villagers clash the night Azaro hides in the van?
2. What vision does Azaro have about the three men in glasses and what does he do about his vision?
3. According to Azaro's father, what is the story of the King of the Road?
4. What happens with the rats after the photographer brings the poison?
5. Describe what happens to Azaro when he gets lost in the forest walking home from the bar in Book 1.
6. Chased from the bar in Book 4, what happens to Azaro after he awakens in the forest?
7. Why does Azaro's father want to fight the new customers in the bar?
8. Why is it an enigma to Azaro that this time he is born smiling?
9. In Book 4, Azaro visited the bar less and less. Why? When he does visit, what does he find?
10. Before Azaro is awakened by the photographer returning from the marsh, what is he doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Azaro's father is sleeping in Book Eight, Azaro walks in his dreams. Describe what he sees and the perceptions he has, and discuss the impact of this on the story.
Essay Topic 2
In Book One, fire and or rioting have occurred around Azaro. Cite each instance and discuss the implications not only of each occurrence but their combined and individual significance to the story, and to the characters.
Essay Topic 3
In Book One, the story begins with Azaro describing the spirit world's river that became a road. At the end of Book One the story reveals to Azaro that his paternal grandfather was the head priest of the roads. Discuss the magical connections that link this story and its family members.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)