|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Returning home from the bar, Azaro's mother shows him machete marks and __________ on their door.
2. The man Azaro helps out the back door and away from the thugs chasing him is caught by them and taken where?
3. Azaro's father comes to the bar after Azaro returns from the building where he is bathed and fed, and Azaro's father gets into an argument over politics with whom?
4. Who does Azaro stare at and wish for the wind to punish when he wanders in the woods with the other children?
5. Who does Azaro's father confront about being attacked at the end of Book 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Azaro's father say they would not step foot in the bar again?
2. Why is Azaro's mother not doing well at the market place?
3. What does Azaro notice about his new home in Book 1?
4. Why is it an enigma to Azaro that this time he is born smiling?
5. Why does Azaro's mother think the villagers do not like them anymore?
6. What happens the second time Azaro is abducted?
7. In Book 4, Azaro visited the bar less and less. Why? When he does visit, what does he find?
8. What happens during the celebration of Azaro's return?
9. How is the landlord in the new compound portrayed in this part of the story?
10. Describe what happens to Azaro when he gets lost in the forest walking home from the bar in Book 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Azaro's mom talks to him about seeing a classmate on the road in a nice car, with a driver, who looked a decade younger than her and didn't event recognize her when she sold her some oranges. Throughout the story, not just here in Book Seven, Azaro's mom has lamented her life. Cite several instances of this and discuss how they impact your perception of the story and the characters, specifically Azaro and his father.
Essay Topic 2
While Azaro's father is sleeping in Book Eight, Azaro walks in his dreams. Describe what he sees and the perceptions he has, and discuss the impact of this on the story.
Essay Topic 3
In Book One, fire and or rioting have occurred around Azaro. Cite each instance and discuss the implications not only of each occurrence but their combined and individual significance to the story, and to the characters.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)