|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Azaro's father is working and his mother sells wares, what are they short of at home?
2. While the police officer's home is on fire, who knocks on the door to get Azaro?
3. Back in the bar after Madame Koto is doing so well and has many new men and women dancing to music, who asks Azaro to marry her?
4. Azaro's father gets into arguments and fights with the prostitutes and a few men over what?
5. The police officer's home has several spirits and even more come; then, during a huge storm the house catches on fire from what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Azaro's mother not doing well at the market place?
2. According to Azaro's father, what is the story of the King of the Road?
3. Why is it an enigma to Azaro that this time he is born smiling?
4. What happens involving the party of the rich and the villagers?
5. Why does Madame Koto hang the fetish, and why does she decide to close the bar abruptly on the night she had really good business?
6. In Book 4, what happens with Azaro's fathers and the prostitutes at Koto's bar?
7. What happens when the thugs and villagers clash the night Azaro hides in the van?
8. What happens the second time Azaro is abducted?
9. Before Azaro is awakened by the photographer returning from the marsh, what is he doing?
10. What is the story about the white man about, and who tells it to Azaro?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Azaro's father is sleeping in Book Eight, Azaro walks in his dreams. Describe what he sees and the perceptions he has, and discuss the impact of this on the story.
Essay Topic 2
What is abikus? Compare and contrast Ade and Azaro's life as abikus. Use story details.
Essay Topic 3
In the end, Azaro's father wakes up and gives a speech about basically making the right choices. Discuss how the father's words connect with the overall story in regards to choosing and traveling on a road.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)