Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Azaro's father argues with Madame Koto's new customers and challenges them to a fight outside, but they do what?
2. Where do many of Azaro's friends live that call him to the river?
3. Who runs naked in the rain?
4. Azaro's family fears the other villagers are angry at them because someone had _________________.
5. After climbing the tree and putting on the mask again, what does Azaro see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the rats after the photographer brings the poison?
2. Why does Madame Koto hang the fetish, and why does she decide to close the bar abruptly on the night she had really good business?
3. What happens when the creditors come to the house in Azaro's father's absence, and how does he react when he gets home that evening and finds out what they have done?
4. How does Azaro's father affect the spirit world while Azaro is withdrawn?
5. Why is it an enigma to Azaro that this time he is born smiling?
6. Chased from the bar in Book 4, what happens to Azaro after he awakens in the forest?
7. What happens when Azaro's father fights the man in the white suit?
8. When Azaro begins sitting at the bar for Madame Koto, what does he notice about the bar's visitors?
9. Who is Ade, how does Azaro meet him, and what happens when he walks with Azaro in the woods?
10. In Book 4, what happens with Azaro's fathers and the prostitutes at Koto's bar?
While Azaro's father is sleeping in Book Eight, Azaro walks in his dreams. Describe what he sees and the perceptions he has, and discuss the impact of this on the story.
From Book Eight discuss Madame Koto's power, how she gets it, and how she uses it.
In this story many incidents occurred involving story characters. Choose any combination of characters and incidents, and after describing each discuss the impact of them on the story.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)