Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Azaro's father argues with Madame Koto's new customers and challenges them to a fight outside, but they do what?
2. Where do many of Azaro's friends live that call him to the river?
3. Who runs naked in the rain?
4. Azaro's family fears the other villagers are angry at them because someone had _________________.
5. After climbing the tree and putting on the mask again, what does Azaro see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the rats after the photographer brings the poison?
2. Why does Madame Koto hang the fetish, and why does she decide to close the bar abruptly on the night she had really good business?
3. What happens when the creditors come to the house in Azaro's father's absence, and how does he react when he gets home that evening and finds out what they have done?
4. How does Azaro's father affect the spirit world while Azaro is withdrawn?
5. Why is it an enigma to Azaro that this time he is born smiling?
6. Chased from the bar in Book 4, what happens to Azaro after he awakens in the forest?
7. What happens when Azaro's father fights the man in the white suit?
8. When Azaro begins sitting at the bar for Madame Koto, what does he notice about the bar's visitors?
9. Who is Ade, how does Azaro meet him, and what happens when he walks with Azaro in the woods?
10. In Book 4, what happens with Azaro's fathers and the prostitutes at Koto's bar?
Essay Topic 1
In this story many incidents occurred involving story characters. Choose any combination of characters and incidents, and after describing each discuss the impact of them on the story.
Essay Topic 2
Azaro's father becomes more involved with the spirit world as evidenced in Book Six. Cite specific details involving these interactions and discuss the significance of each to the story and/or its impact on the relationship between father and son.
Essay Topic 3
In Book One, fire and or rioting have occurred around Azaro. Cite each instance and discuss the implications not only of each occurrence but their combined and individual significance to the story, and to the characters.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)