|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the beatings, what does Azaro refuse to do?
(a) Go to school.
(b) Sit down.
2. What does Azaro's father turn over looking for more food?
(a) The pots.
(b) The plates.
(c) His chair.
(d) The table.
3. Who says "one way or another we are all spies"?
(a) Madame Koto.
(c) The blind man.
(d) Azaro's father.
4. Who puts up a tent and throws a private party in Book 7?
(a) The landlord.
(b) The politician.
(c) Azaro's father.
(d) Madame Koto.
5. Who does Azaro throw a stone at while coming home with the drink?
(a) Other children.
(b) The blind man.
(c) The foreman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says poverty is driving this person mad?
2. How many beggars from the road follow Azaro to the bar when he goes inside in Book 7?
3. Who plays music while Azaro's father is recovering from the boxing match with the boxer that disappeared?
4. Who fights with Azaro about sitting on the van and then they later become friends?
5. What musical instrument does Azaro break while on his journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Helen and the beggars connected?
2. How does Azaro's father affect the spirit world while Azaro is withdrawn?
3. What happens in the spirit world and in the world of the living involving Azaro's journey and the blind man?
4. What is going on with food in Azaro's home in Book 8?
5. After Azaro's father decides to train as a boxer, what happens to lead Azaro to withdraw into himself?
6. How does Azaro's father change after encountering the spirit in his sleep that the priest of the roads helped him fight?
7. What happens when the eyes and lights come back to watch Azaro's father shadowboxing at night?
8. What does Azaro's mother pray for and why is she praying?
9. How does the rain coming down for two weeks affect Azaro at home and at school?
10. Who is Ade, how does Azaro meet him, and what happens when he walks with Azaro in the woods?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)