|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose yard is Azaro blown into by the storm?
(a) The landlord's yard.
(b) The blind man's yard.
(c) His family's yard.
(d) Madame Koto's yard.
2. Whose shout from the world of the living manifests as a storm in the spirit realm on Azaro's journey?
(a) His mother's.
(b) His father's.
(c) The herbalist's.
(d) Madame Koto's.
3. Who says abiku is like Azaro?
(a) The neighbor's child.
(b) The landlord's son.
4. What does Azaro's father say about lizards?
(a) He had one when he was a boy.
(b) They are messengers.
(c) Don't eat them.
(d) They are good pets.
5. Who says "one way or another we are all spies"?
(a) The blind man.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) Azaro's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boxer that disappears after Azaro's father defeats him near the swamp?
2. Who prays in three languages?
3. Who is angry with Azaro and creates a hole in his path on his spirit journey?
4. Who persuades the priest to lead the protest in front of Koto's bar?
5. Who comes to get Ade from Azaro's home and is upset about Ade being out so late?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Madame Koto finally hire a driver for her newly purchased car?
2. What does the great river signify on Azaro's journey, and why does he not want to cross it?
3. When Azaro's father wakes up, what does everyone find out about why he has been the way he is in his sleep after defeating the Green Leopard?
4. What happens when Madame Koto holds an exclusive party with a tent set up near her bar?
5. Why is Madame Koto known as the Queen of the Ghetto Night?
6. What happens when Azaro's father fights the man in the white suit?
7. What is going on with food in Azaro's home in Book 8?
8. What do the beggars that follow Azaro do once they are in the bar?
9. How does Azaro's father affect the spirit world while Azaro is withdrawn?
10. Why does Koto come to Azaro in his sleep, and what happens?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)