|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose dreams give the village children nightmares?
(a) The blind man's.
(c) Madame Koto's.
2. After breaking the window, who beats Azaro until he can no longer feel the pain?
(a) His mother.
(b) The window owner.
(c) The police.
(d) His father.
3. When Madame Koto goes to swallow Azaro up in his sleep, what great animal prevents this?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A jaguar.
(c) A lion.
(d) A leopard.
4. Who helps Azaro remove the person distracting his father in Book 7?
(c) The blind man.
5. Whose tears from the world of the living flood houses in the valley during Azaro's spirit journey?
(a) His mother's friends.
(b) His mother's.
(c) Madame Koto's.
(d) The women from the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of this story, there is a __________.
2. Who begs Azaro's father not to leave when he is in his dream?
3. After Azaro's third day of withdrawing into himself, what does he do?
4. What does Azaro's father turn over looking for more food?
5. Who owns the betting shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Madame Koto known as the Queen of the Ghetto Night?
2. What happens in the spirit world and in the world of the living involving Azaro's journey and the blind man?
3. How does Azaro handle the beggars that follow him into the bar in Book 7?
4. The four-headed spirit came to Azaro in different forms. What are they and how does Azaro respond?
5. What do the beggars that follow Azaro do once they are in the bar?
6. What happens with Azaro's father after he defeats the Green Leopard, and who does Azaro's mother call to help him?
7. While withdrawn, what happens with Azaro in the spirit world?
8. How does Azaro's mother respond to the spirit beggars in their home?
9. Why does Koto come to Azaro in his sleep, and what happens?
10. What does Azaro's mother pray for and why is she praying?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)