|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to get Ade from Azaro's home and is upset about Ade being out so late?
(a) The blind man.
(b) Ade's uncle.
(c) Ade's father.
(d) Ade's mother.
2. Who yells at Azaro to get out of his father's dream?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) The herbalist.
(d) His father.
3. What color are the eyes watching Azaro's father shadowbox?
4. How many beggars from the road follow Azaro to the bar when he goes inside in Book 7?
5. What type of season is it in which Madame Koto grows more powerful?
(a) The rainy season.
(b) The Winter.
(c) The Summer.
(d) The Spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings the herbalist that helps Azaro come back from the journey he has decided he does not want to take?
2. Who does Azaro steal food for?
3. Who fights with Azaro about sitting on the van and then they later become friends?
4. Who shares Azaro's father's dream with him besides his son?
5. How long does the money last that Azaro brings home from the woods for his family to use?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the great river signify on Azaro's journey, and why does he not want to cross it?
2. How does Azaro handle the beggars that follow him into the bar in Book 7?
3. The four-headed spirit came to Azaro in different forms. What are they and how does Azaro respond?
4. Why are the gods angry with Azaro, and what do they do about it while he is on his journey with the three-headed spirit?
5. Why is Madame Koto known as the Queen of the Ghetto Night?
6. How does the three-headed spirit die, and who kills him?
7. How are Helen and the beggars connected?
8. Why does Madame Koto finally hire a driver for her newly purchased car?
9. What does Azaro's mother pray for and why is she praying?
10. What happens at the party Azaro's father has for his newly acquired taste for politics?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)