|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "one way or another we are all spies"?
(a) Azaro's father.
(c) The blind man.
(d) Madame Koto.
2. Whose shout from the world of the living manifests as a storm in the spirit realm on Azaro's journey?
(a) Madame Koto's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) The herbalist's.
(d) His father's.
3. Why do the beggars stay in the village even though they want to leave?
(d) Azaro's father.
4. On the journey, Azaro and the "guide" come to what place with ever changing colors?
(a) A forest.
(b) A shallow pool water.
(c) A corn field.
(d) A valley.
5. Who tries to grab Azaro again in Book 7 so he can see?
(a) The blind man.
(b) The politician.
(d) The landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Azaro on the fourth day of his withdrawal?
2. What does Azaro tell his parents about the money?
3. Whose face does Azaro see on a lizard during his journey?
4. Who purchases a car and doesn't know how to drive it?
5. How many beggars from the road follow Azaro to the bar when he goes inside in Book 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the three-headed spirit die, and who kills him?
2. What does Azaro's mother pray for and why is she praying?
3. Who is Ade, how does Azaro meet him, and what happens when he walks with Azaro in the woods?
4. How does Azaro's mother respond to the spirit beggars in their home?
5. While withdrawn, what happens with Azaro in the spirit world?
6. What does the great river signify on Azaro's journey, and why does he not want to cross it?
7. How does Azaro's father change after encountering the spirit in his sleep that the priest of the roads helped him fight?
8. What do the beggars that follow Azaro do once they are in the bar?
9. What is going on with food in Azaro's home in Book 8?
10. How does Azaro handle the beggars that follow him into the bar in Book 7?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)