|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the eyes watching Azaro's father shadowbox?
2. Who cleans up the garbage on the road every now and then?
(a) The blind man.
(b) The beggars.
3. Who distracts Azaro's father during his fight with the man in the white suit?
(b) Madame Koto.
(d) The blind man.
4. Who fights with Azaro about sitting on the van and then they later become friends?
(a) The three-headed spirit.
(b) The spirit girl from the bar.
(c) The boy named Ade.
(d) The landlord's son.
5. Who brings the herbalist that helps Azaro come back from the journey he has decided he does not want to take?
(a) His mother.
(b) The landlord.
(c) The blind man.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shares Azaro's father's dream with him besides his son?
2. Who says "one way or another we are all spies"?
3. Who tells Azaro's father to "be what you are"?
4. Who attacks one of the spirit beggars that is in Azaro's home?
5. After the beatings, what does Azaro refuse to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Azaro's mother pray for and why is she praying?
2. Why does Madame Koto finally hire a driver for her newly purchased car?
3. Why is Madame Koto known as the Queen of the Ghetto Night?
4. Why is Azaro's father so excited when he wakes up in Book 8?
5. What happens when Azaro's father fights the man in the white suit?
6. Who is Ade, how does Azaro meet him, and what happens when he walks with Azaro in the woods?
7. How does the rain coming down for two weeks affect Azaro at home and at school?
8. What does the great river signify on Azaro's journey, and why does he not want to cross it?
9. When Azaro's father wakes up, what does everyone find out about why he has been the way he is in his sleep after defeating the Green Leopard?
10. What happens at the party Azaro's father has for his newly acquired taste for politics?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)