|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After breaking the window, who beats Azaro until he can no longer feel the pain?
(a) The window owner.
(b) His father.
(c) The police.
(d) His mother.
2. After awakening and giving his speech about power and responsibility, what does Azaro's father tell them not to kill but to command to leave?
(a) Bad spirits.
(b) Unwelcome bugs and insects.
(c) Wild animals.
(d) A lizard.
3. The rainy season ends and with that, who supposedly dreams of being chased by a lizard?
(a) The landlord.
(b) Madame Koto.
(c) Azaro's father.
(d) The blind man.
4. Who yells at Azaro to get out of his father's dream?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) The herbalist.
5. Azaro's father wins a lot of money because he bet on himself. Who does he have place the bet?
(a) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) Madame Koto.
Short Answer Questions
1. One night Madame Koto appears in Azaro's sleep and begs him for what?
2. After defeating the former robber-turned-boxer, who does Azaro's father fight in his sleep?
3. Who follows Azaro's father in his dreams?
4. When Madame Koto goes to swallow Azaro up in his sleep, what great animal prevents this?
5. On his spirit journey, what color is the road Azaro follows along?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Azaro's father decides to train as a boxer, what happens to lead Azaro to withdraw into himself?
2. How does Azaro's father affect the spirit world while Azaro is withdrawn?
3. The four-headed spirit came to Azaro in different forms. What are they and how does Azaro respond?
4. What does the great river signify on Azaro's journey, and why does he not want to cross it?
5. Why does Koto come to Azaro in his sleep, and what happens?
6. What happens when Madame Koto holds an exclusive party with a tent set up near her bar?
7. Why are the gods angry with Azaro, and what do they do about it while he is on his journey with the three-headed spirit?
8. What happens when the eyes and lights come back to watch Azaro's father shadowboxing at night?
9. What do the beggars that follow Azaro do once they are in the bar?
10. When Azaro's father wakes up, what does everyone find out about why he has been the way he is in his sleep after defeating the Green Leopard?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)