|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Azaro's father uses his money to buy books and to throw a party where the crowd gets rowdy and, according to Azaro _________ leaks onto the road.
2. Sitting in a tree, Azaro has a great view of not only the blind man's home, but also __________.
(a) His home.
(b) The landlord's home
(c) The photographer's studio.
(d) Madame Koto's bar.
3. How long does Book 5 say it rains?
(a) Three days.
(b) A month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Several weeks.
4. Who tells Azaro's father to "be what you are"?
(b) Azaro's paternal grandfather.
(d) Azaro's mother.
5. Who follows Azaro's father around when he shadowboxes outside?
(a) The prostitutes.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) Customers from Koto's bar.
(d) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Koto bring out to the priest that leads the protest in front of her bar?
2. When Madame Koto goes to swallow Azaro up in his sleep, what great animal prevents this?
3. Who prays in three languages?
4. Whose shout from the world of the living manifests as a storm in the spirit realm on Azaro's journey?
5. What does Azaro's father say about lizards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the spirit world and in the world of the living involving Azaro's journey and the blind man?
2. Why is Madame Koto known as the Queen of the Ghetto Night?
3. What is going on with food in Azaro's home in Book 8?
4. Why does Madame Koto finally hire a driver for her newly purchased car?
5. After Azaro's father decides to train as a boxer, what happens to lead Azaro to withdraw into himself?
6. While withdrawn, what happens with Azaro in the spirit world?
7. How does Azaro's mother respond to the spirit beggars in their home?
8. What does Azaro's mother pray for and why is she praying?
9. Why are the gods angry with Azaro, and what do they do about it while he is on his journey with the three-headed spirit?
10. What happens when the eyes and lights come back to watch Azaro's father shadowboxing at night?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)