|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of season is it in which Madame Koto grows more powerful?
(a) The rainy season.
(b) The Summer.
(c) The Winter.
(d) The Spring.
2. After the head beggar is gone, what does Azaro stone to death in the bar?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A thug.
(c) A snake.
(d) A lizard.
3. Azaro's mother puts this out when this person comes to their home each morning.
(b) Extra chair.
(d) Extra plate.
4. Who has a door widened to fit through when they walk?
(a) Azaro's father.
(b) Madame Koto.
(c) The politician.
(d) The blind man.
5. Who says poverty is driving this person mad?
(a) Azaro's mother.
(b) Madame Koto.
(c) The landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the beatings, what does Azaro refuse to do?
2. While fighting the former robber-turned-boxer, where does Azaro's father disappear to?
3. Who puts up a tent and throws a private party in Book 7?
4. Who is sent into spasms when touched so that someone else can see?
5. One night Madame Koto appears in Azaro's sleep and begs him for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the great river signify on Azaro's journey, and why does he not want to cross it?
2. What happens when Madame Koto holds an exclusive party with a tent set up near her bar?
3. Why does Koto come to Azaro in his sleep, and what happens?
4. What does Azaro's mother pray for and why is she praying?
5. Why is Madame Koto known as the Queen of the Ghetto Night?
6. Why are the gods angry with Azaro, and what do they do about it while he is on his journey with the three-headed spirit?
7. What is going on with food in Azaro's home in Book 8?
8. While withdrawn, what happens with Azaro in the spirit world?
9. What happens in the spirit world and in the world of the living involving Azaro's journey and the blind man?
10. What happens when the eyes and lights come back to watch Azaro's father shadowboxing at night?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)