|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Madame Koto goes to swallow Azaro up in his sleep, what great animal prevents this?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A lion.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A jaguar.
2. Who puts up a tent and throws a private party in Book 7?
(a) Madame Koto.
(b) The politician.
(c) The landlord.
(d) Azaro's father.
3. Where does the man come from that boxes Azaro's father at night by the swamp?
(a) The swamp.
(b) The village.
(c) The sky.
(d) The bar.
4. How long does the money last that Azaro brings home from the woods for his family to use?
(a) A few days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) More than a month.
5. Who tries to grab Azaro again in Book 7 so he can see?
(a) The landlord.
(b) The blind man.
(d) The politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose face does Azaro see in the place with ever changing colors?
2. Who tells Azaro's father to "be what you are"?
3. What is the name of the boxer that disappears after Azaro's father defeats him near the swamp?
4. According to Azaro, what can be the highest point of life?
5. Who says "one way or another we are all spies"?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Azaro's father wakes up, what does everyone find out about why he has been the way he is in his sleep after defeating the Green Leopard?
2. What does the great river signify on Azaro's journey, and why does he not want to cross it?
3. The four-headed spirit came to Azaro in different forms. What are they and how does Azaro respond?
4. How does Azaro handle the beggars that follow him into the bar in Book 7?
5. What happens with Azaro's father after he defeats the Green Leopard, and who does Azaro's mother call to help him?
6. What happens when the eyes and lights come back to watch Azaro's father shadowboxing at night?
7. Why are the gods angry with Azaro, and what do they do about it while he is on his journey with the three-headed spirit?
8. Why is Azaro's father so excited when he wakes up in Book 8?
9. What is going on with food in Azaro's home in Book 8?
10. What happens in the spirit world and in the world of the living involving Azaro's journey and the blind man?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)