|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Book 5 say it rains?
(a) Three days.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What spirit beggar drinks with Azaro's father in their home?
(a) The four-headed spirit.
(b) The landlord.
(c) The blind man.
(d) The girl.
3. Who grows while sleeping?
(a) Madame Koto.
(d) Azaro's father.
4. Who says poverty is driving this person mad?
(b) The landlord.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) Azaro's mother.
5. While fighting the former robber-turned-boxer, where does Azaro's father disappear to?
(a) Into the crowd.
(b) Behind the other boxer.
(c) The swamp.
(d) Behind the van.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit Azaro's father during his recovery, but leaves because other visitors make this person feel uncomfortable?
2. On the road, what speaks in different languages?
3. Where does the man come from that boxes Azaro's father at night by the swamp?
4. Whose dreams give the village children nightmares?
5. What is the name of the former robber-turned-boxer that challenges Azaro's father to a boxing match?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the party Azaro's father has for his newly acquired taste for politics?
2. What does the great river signify on Azaro's journey, and why does he not want to cross it?
3. What do the beggars that follow Azaro do once they are in the bar?
4. Why are the gods angry with Azaro, and what do they do about it while he is on his journey with the three-headed spirit?
5. Why is Madame Koto known as the Queen of the Ghetto Night?
6. What is going on with food in Azaro's home in Book 8?
7. What happens with Azaro's father after he defeats the Green Leopard, and who does Azaro's mother call to help him?
8. Why does Madame Koto finally hire a driver for her newly purchased car?
9. What does Azaro's mother pray for and why is she praying?
10. How does Azaro handle the beggars that follow him into the bar in Book 7?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)