|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Azaro goes back to the bar he sees Madame Koto counting a large amount of money. When Koto sees him, she calls him what?
2. Who returns to Azaro's home and talks about killing the rats?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) Madame Koto.
(c) The landlord.
(d) The photographer.
3. As the spirits call to Azaro on the street, he faints and is taken where?
(a) To the home of a police officer.
(b) To the local doctor.
(d) Nowhere; he was left on the street.
4. According to Azaro's father, who eats travelers that do not make sacrifices unto him?
(a) The village god.
(b) The King.
(c) The King of the Road.
(d) The Spirits.
5. Azaro's mother's screams awaken him and he finds what everywhere?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in the van with the politicians, besides the thugs?
2. Politicians in a van pass out what to the crowd?
3. Who does the white man send to chase and beat the children?
4. As a photographer takes a picture of the celebration, who curiously watches the camera?
5. When Azaro is kidnapped during a fire and riot in his family's living compound, who tells him to run for his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the rainy season starts?
2. Why does Azaro's mother think the villagers do not like them anymore?
3. What does the three-headed spirit want with Azaro when he returns to the bar in Book 4?
4. Why does Azaro no longer like Madame Koto in Book 3?
5. What happens during the celebration of Azaro's return?
6. What happens when the thugs and villagers clash the night Azaro hides in the van?
7. What happens when the creditors come to the house in Azaro's father's absence, and how does he react when he gets home that evening and finds out what they have done?
8. When Azaro begins sitting at the bar for Madame Koto, what does he notice about the bar's visitors?
9. Describe what happens to Azaro when he gets lost in the forest walking home from the bar in Book 1.
10. Who are the three men in glasses looking for, and what happens when they find where this person works?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)