|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Azaro wanders further into the city, who does he see carrying bags of salt?
(a) His uncle.
(b) The thugs.
(c) His father.
(d) The landlord.
2. When Koto asks for Azaro to come back to the bar he does, and Azaro notices a new ________ for the bar.
3. Upon his return to the bar, Azaro finds more updates and new customers, including this man who yells at Azaro and who Madame Koto refers to as a chief.
(a) Azaro's father's employer.
(b) The poisoned milk distributor.
(c) An elder.
(d) The landlord's man that raised their rent.
4. Where do many of Azaro's friends live that call him to the river?
(a) On the other side of the river.
(b) In the spirit world.
(c) In his village.
(d) In a nearby village.
5. As a photographer takes a picture of the celebration, who curiously watches the camera?
(a) Azaro's parents.
(b) The spirits.
(c) The villagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chased from the bar in Book 3, Azaro flees into the forest and sleeps only to awaken to find what?
2. Looking through the mask everything becomes _______.
3. After climbing the tree and putting on the mask again, what does Azaro see?
4. Back in the bar after Madame Koto is doing so well and has many new men and women dancing to music, who asks Azaro to marry her?
5. When Azaro is kidnapped during a fire and riot in his family's living compound, who tells him to run for his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the three men in glasses looking for, and what happens when they find where this person works?
2. Why is Azaro's mother not doing well at the market place?
3. Describe what happens to Azaro when he gets lost in the forest walking home from the bar in Book 1.
4. Why does Azaro no longer like Madame Koto in Book 3?
5. Chased from the bar in Book 4, what happens to Azaro after he awakens in the forest?
6. What happens the second time Azaro is abducted?
7. What does Azaro notice about his new home in Book 1?
8. According to Azaro's father, what is the story of the King of the Road?
9. Why is it an enigma to Azaro that this time he is born smiling?
10. What happens during the celebration of Azaro's return?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)