|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Azaro eavesdrop on at the bar?
(b) The women.
(c) Tax collectors.
(d) Male customers.
2. The police officer and his wife have Azaro sit for dinner. Who is also at the table?
(a) Their neighbors.
(b) Their son.
(c) Their daughter.
(d) Their dead son.
3. Even though Azaro's father is working and his mother sells wares, what are they short of at home?
4. What does Azaro's father catch in the woods and take to their new home to roast in celebration of Azaro's return from being lost after the fire and riot at their old compound?
(a) A wild boar.
(b) A bird.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A fox.
5. What does Azaro view as a spirit box?
(a) The construction site work truck.
(b) The gramophone machine.
(c) The van.
(d) Madame Koto's cash register.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chased from the bar in Book 3, Azaro flees into the forest and sleeps only to awaken to find what?
2. Who pays Azaro pennies for running errands?
3. In the spirit world, what is described as always hungry?
4. Back in the bar after Madame Koto is doing so well and has many new men and women dancing to music, who asks Azaro to marry her?
5. After climbing the tree and putting on the mask again, what does Azaro see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the rainy season starts?
2. What happens during the celebration of Azaro's return?
3. When Azaro begins sitting at the bar for Madame Koto, what does he notice about the bar's visitors?
4. When Azaro wanders into a building in Book 4, what happens?
5. What is the story about the white man about, and who tells it to Azaro?
6. What happens when the creditors come to the house in Azaro's father's absence, and how does he react when he gets home that evening and finds out what they have done?
7. In Book 4, what happens with Azaro's fathers and the prostitutes at Koto's bar?
8. Describe what happens to Azaro when he gets lost in the forest walking home from the bar in Book 1.
9. Why does Azaro want to leave the police officer's home he is taken to after he faints on the street?
10. What happens when the thugs and villagers clash the night Azaro hides in the van?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)