|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a photographer takes a picture of the celebration, who curiously watches the camera?
(a) Azaro's parents.
(b) The spirits.
(c) The villagers.
2. Who does Azaro warn about the three men in glasses coming to beat him up?
(a) Madame Koto.
(b) His father.
(c) The photographer.
(d) The landlord.
3. Upon his return to the bar, Azaro finds more updates and new customers, including this man who yells at Azaro and who Madame Koto refers to as a chief.
(a) Azaro's father's employer.
(b) The poisoned milk distributor.
(c) An elder.
(d) The landlord's man that raised their rent.
4. When Azaro refuses to follow the requester into the spirit world, what is he told his spirit friends will send next for him?
(a) A four-headed spirit.
(b) A dog.
(c) A giant.
(d) A serpent.
5. Who does Azaro start to visit less and less in Book 4?
(a) The workers in the forest.
(b) His friends.
(c) The landlord.
(d) Madame Koto.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the animal is cooked, why do some of the villagers that come for the celebration get angry?
2. In the spirit world, what is described as always hungry?
3. Azaro's name is changed from what when he awakens from a coffin?
4. What becomes entangled in a woman's hair while patronizing Madame Koto's bar?
5. After the celebration, when Azaro's father comes home from looking for a job, why does he get angry with Azaro's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Azaro begins sitting at the bar for Madame Koto, what does he notice about the bar's visitors?
2. Why is it an enigma to Azaro that this time he is born smiling?
3. Who are the three men in glasses looking for, and what happens when they find where this person works?
4. Chased from the bar in Book 4, what happens to Azaro after he awakens in the forest?
5. What is the story about the white man about, and who tells it to Azaro?
6. What happens to Azaro after he runs from the three women?
7. Describe what happens to Azaro when he gets lost in the forest walking home from the bar in Book 1.
8. When Azaro wanders into a building in Book 4, what happens?
9. How does Azaro's father deal with creditors who come to his home to collect his debt?
10. What happens with the rats after the photographer brings the poison?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)