|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Azaro's name is changed from what when he awakens from a coffin?
2. Who displays a crude kind of local newspaper where Azaro sees his celebrated homecoming and the milk riots?
(a) The photographer.
(b) The local newspaper owner.
(c) The village crier.
(d) Madame Koto.
3. Who brings palm wine when they arrive for the celebration?
(a) Azaro's uncle.
(b) Madame Koto.
(c) The landlord.
(d) The police officer.
4. The man Azaro helps out the back door and away from the thugs chasing him is caught by them and taken where?
(a) Into the woods.
(b) Away in a car.
(c) Into the bathroom.
(d) Behind the bar.
5. After arguing with Azaro's mother, what do the creditors finally take for debt repayment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Azaro sacrifice after his father tells the story of the one who eats travelers?
2. Who owns the bar that Azaro's father takes him to for a drink?
3. When Azaro refuses to follow the requester into the spirit world, what is he told his spirit friends will send next for him?
4. Back in the bar after Madame Koto is doing so well and has many new men and women dancing to music, who asks Azaro to marry her?
5. Who tells Azaro to follow him to the spirit world?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Azaro's father say they would not step foot in the bar again?
2. Why does Madame Koto hang the fetish, and why does she decide to close the bar abruptly on the night she had really good business?
3. What happens to Azaro after he runs from the three women?
4. What does the three-headed spirit want with Azaro when he returns to the bar in Book 4?
5. Before Azaro is awakened by the photographer returning from the marsh, what is he doing?
6. What does Azaro notice about his new home in Book 1?
7. In Book 4, what happens with Azaro's fathers and the prostitutes at Koto's bar?
8. What happens during the celebration of Azaro's return?
9. What happens when the thugs and villagers clash the night Azaro hides in the van?
10. Why is Azaro's mother not doing well at the market place?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)