|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Azaro stare at and wish for the wind to punish when he wanders in the woods with the other children?
(a) The landlord.
(b) The politician that distributed the bad milk.
(c) An old man bothering the children.
(d) The white man in charge of the construction workers.
2. Even though Azaro's father is working and his mother sells wares, what are they short of at home?
3. In the clearing, a tree grows over what Azaro buries in the forest. What does he bury?
(a) The dead rats.
(b) His mother's wares.
(c) The photgrapher's camera.
(d) Madame Koto's fetish.
4. Which creditor forgives Azaro's father some of his debt?
(a) The new landlord.
(b) The old landlord.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) Madame Koto.
5. The police officer's home has several spirits and even more come; then, during a huge storm the house catches on fire from what?
(a) Thrown torch from upset rioters.
(b) A dropped match.
(c) Cooking fire embers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the weapon from Azaro's father after the men flee?
2. When Azaro wanders further into the city, who does he see carrying bags of salt?
3. Azaro panics and falls into a deep depression after having a vision of his mother doing what?
4. Azaro's father argues with Madame Koto's new customers and challenges them to a fight outside, but they do what?
5. Who promises to bring poison for the rats on the night Azaro sees himself fly over his parents and through the roof?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Azaro wanders into a building in Book 4, what happens?
2. Who are the three men in glasses looking for, and what happens when they find where this person works?
3. Before Azaro is awakened by the photographer returning from the marsh, what is he doing?
4. Why does Azaro want to leave the police officer's home he is taken to after he faints on the street?
5. Chased from the bar in Book 4, what happens to Azaro after he awakens in the forest?
6. What happens to Azaro after he runs from the three women?
7. What happens during the celebration of Azaro's return?
8. Describe what happens to Azaro when he gets lost in the forest walking home from the bar in Book 1.
9. Why does Azaro's mother think the villagers do not like them anymore?
10. Why is Azaro's mother not doing well at the market place?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)