|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Azaro's father, who eats travelers that do not make sacrifices unto him?
(a) The King.
(b) The Spirits.
(c) The King of the Road.
(d) The village god.
2. The politicians in the van are of what party?
(a) The community party.
(b) The party of unity.
(c) The party of the rich.
(d) The red party.
3. Who wants the people beaten after the fire in the compound?
(a) The landlord.
(b) The merchants.
(c) The elders.
(d) The police.
4. Who is in the van with the politicians, besides the thugs?
(a) Azaro's father.
(b) Azaro's mother.
(c) The landlord.
5. Azaro's father comes to the bar after Azaro returns from the building where he is bathed and fed, and Azaro's father gets into an argument over politics with whom?
(a) The landlord.
(b) His wife.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) The prostitutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the celebration, when Azaro's father comes home from looking for a job, why does he get angry with Azaro's mother?
2. When Azaro wanders further into the city, who does he see carrying bags of salt?
3. Who do most of the spirits leave with after the celebration?
4. When Koto asks for Azaro to come back to the bar he does, and Azaro notices a new ________ for the bar.
5. The day after cleaning the house from the celebration, with whom does Azaro go to sell wares?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Madame Koto hang the fetish, and why does she decide to close the bar abruptly on the night she had really good business?
2. In Book 4, what happens with Azaro's fathers and the prostitutes at Koto's bar?
3. What happens to Azaro after he runs from the three women?
4. What happens with the rats after the photographer brings the poison?
5. Why does Azaro want to leave the police officer's home he is taken to after he faints on the street?
6. Describe what happens to Azaro when he gets lost in the forest walking home from the bar in Book 1.
7. Why is Azaro's mother not doing well at the market place?
8. When Azaro wanders into a building in Book 4, what happens?
9. What happens involving the party of the rich and the villagers?
10. Why does Azaro no longer like Madame Koto in Book 3?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)