|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the spirits call to Azaro on the street, he faints and is taken where?
(a) To the local doctor.
(c) Nowhere; he was left on the street.
(d) To the home of a police officer.
2. Why do the spirits floating in the crowds chase Azaro?
(a) Because was afraid of them.
(b) Because he could see them.
(c) Because he tried to get rid of them.
(d) Because he tried to ignore them.
3. Returning home from the bar, Azaro's mother shows him machete marks and __________ on their door.
(b) Cooking oil.
4. Upon his return to the bar, Azaro finds more updates and new customers, including this man who yells at Azaro and who Madame Koto refers to as a chief.
(a) Azaro's father's employer.
(b) The landlord's man that raised their rent.
(c) The poisoned milk distributor.
(d) An elder.
5. After escaping his abductors, Azaro awakens the next day and after getting home, what does his father do to him for being late and worrying them?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Beats him.
(c) Feeds him.
(d) Yells at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After arguing with Azaro's mother, what do the creditors finally take for debt repayment?
2. Who wants the people beaten after the fire in the compound?
3. Which creditor forgives Azaro's father some of his debt?
4. Azaro panics and falls into a deep depression after having a vision of his mother doing what?
5. Who displays a crude kind of local newspaper where Azaro sees his celebrated homecoming and the milk riots?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Azaro wanders into a building in Book 4, what happens?
2. After Azaro's father decides to train as a boxer, what happens to lead Azaro to withdraw into himself?
3. The more Azaro's father trains, what happens with the villagers, with food for him and his mother, and with his father?
4. Why does Koto come to Azaro in his sleep, and what happens?
5. Who is Ade, how does Azaro meet him, and what happens when he walks with Azaro in the woods?
6. What happens with the rats after the photographer brings the poison?
7. How are Helen and the beggars connected?
8. How does Azaro's father affect the spirit world while Azaro is withdrawn?
9. What happens in the spirit world and in the world of the living involving Azaro's journey and the blind man?
10. Who are the three men in glasses looking for, and what happens when they find where this person works?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)