|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Azaro's father argues with Madame Koto's new customers and challenges them to a fight outside, but they do what?
(a) Laughed at him.
(b) Left the bar.
(c) Locked him out of the bar.
(d) Ignored his challenge.
2. Whom does Azaro eavesdrop on at the bar?
(a) Male customers.
(b) Tax collectors.
(d) The women.
3. The police officer's home has several spirits and even more come; then, during a huge storm the house catches on fire from what?
(a) Thrown torch from upset rioters.
(b) Cooking fire embers.
(d) A dropped match.
4. The day after cleaning the house from the celebration, with whom does Azaro go to sell wares?
(a) The landlord.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) Madame Koto.
5. Chased from the bar in Book 3, Azaro flees into the forest and sleeps only to awaken to find what?
(a) A wild boar staring him down.
(b) He was missing a shoe.
(c) He was lost.
(d) A frightening mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who harasses Azaro's mother at the market?
2. When Azaro refuses to follow the requester into the spirit world, what is he told his spirit friends will send next for him?
3. Who believes Azaro to be good luck?
4. Who does Azaro warn about the three men in glasses coming to beat him up?
5. Who takes the weapon from Azaro's father after the men flee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Azaro notice about his new home in Book 1?
2. What vision does Azaro have about the three men in glasses and what does he do about his vision?
3. What happens the second time Azaro is abducted?
4. Why does Madame Koto hang the fetish, and why does she decide to close the bar abruptly on the night she had really good business?
5. Why does Azaro no longer like Madame Koto in Book 3?
6. What happens during the celebration of Azaro's return?
7. Why does Azaro's father say they would not step foot in the bar again?
8. According to Azaro's father, what is the story of the King of the Road?
9. How is the landlord in the new compound portrayed in this part of the story?
10. What is the story about the white man about, and who tells it to Azaro?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)