|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After arguing with Azaro's mother, what do the creditors finally take for debt repayment?
2. What causes the already vengeful crowd to break into pandemonium?
(a) A gunshot.
(c) Wild boar running loose.
(d) Dead body found.
3. What does Azaro do after the spirit girl in the bar keeps blowing out the match every time he lights it for his customer?
(a) He turned away from the spirit to light the match.
(b) He moved to the other end of the bar.
(c) He covered the match with his hand.
(d) He yelled at the girl.
4. Who returns to Azaro's home where Azaro tells this person that their rat poison worked well?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) The photographer.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) The landlord.
5. After coming home drunk, Azaro's father finds what gone from the house, thanks to the creditors?
(a) The food.
(b) The bed.
(c) The chairs.
(d) The table.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a photographer takes a picture of the celebration, who curiously watches the camera?
2. Politicians in a van pass out what to the crowd?
3. What family does not get sick from the milk?
4. As the spirits call to Azaro on the street, he faints and is taken where?
5. Who returns from a hiding place in the swamp, badly beaten, and knocks on the door of Azaro's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Book 4, Azaro visited the bar less and less. Why? When he does visit, what does he find?
2. What happens when the creditors come to the house in Azaro's father's absence, and how does he react when he gets home that evening and finds out what they have done?
3. Why does Azaro no longer like Madame Koto in Book 3?
4. What happens the second time Azaro is abducted?
5. Why does Madame Koto hang the fetish, and why does she decide to close the bar abruptly on the night she had really good business?
6. What happens when the thugs and villagers clash the night Azaro hides in the van?
7. What happens to Azaro after he runs from the three women?
8. What does the three-headed spirit want with Azaro when he returns to the bar in Book 4?
9. When Azaro wanders into a building in Book 4, what happens?
10. Before Azaro is awakened by the photographer returning from the marsh, what is he doing?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)