Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Azaro's father argues with Madame Koto's new customers and challenges them to a fight outside, but they do what?
(a) Laughed at him.
(b) Left the bar.
(c) Ignored his challenge.
(d) Locked him out of the bar.
2. Where do many of Azaro's friends live that call him to the river?
(a) On the other side of the river.
(b) In his village.
(c) In a nearby village.
(d) In the spirit world.
3. Who runs naked in the rain?
(a) Azaro's father.
(b) The photographer.
(c) The children.
4. Azaro's family fears the other villagers are angry at them because someone had _________________.
(a) Put out their cooking fire.
(b) Left an animal carcass at their door.
(c) Water soaked all their fire wood.
(d) Thrown a pot of oil through the only window.
5. After climbing the tree and putting on the mask again, what does Azaro see?
(b) A storm.
(c) A giant.
Short Answer Questions
1. The police officer and his wife have Azaro sit for dinner. Who is also at the table?
2. After escaping his abductors, Azaro awakens the next day and after getting home, what does his father do to him for being late and worrying them?
3. When Azaro is kidnapped during a fire and riot in his family's living compound, who tells him to run for his life?
4. Who displays a crude kind of local newspaper where Azaro sees his celebrated homecoming and the milk riots?
5. After the celebration, when Azaro's father comes home from looking for a job, why does he get angry with Azaro's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the rats after the photographer brings the poison?
2. Why does Madame Koto hang the fetish, and why does she decide to close the bar abruptly on the night she had really good business?
3. What happens when the creditors come to the house in Azaro's father's absence, and how does he react when he gets home that evening and finds out what they have done?
4. How does Azaro's father affect the spirit world while Azaro is withdrawn?
5. Why is it an enigma to Azaro that this time he is born smiling?
6. Chased from the bar in Book 4, what happens to Azaro after he awakens in the forest?
7. What happens when Azaro's father fights the man in the white suit?
8. When Azaro begins sitting at the bar for Madame Koto, what does he notice about the bar's visitors?
9. Who is Ade, how does Azaro meet him, and what happens when he walks with Azaro in the woods?
10. In Book 4, what happens with Azaro's fathers and the prostitutes at Koto's bar?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)