|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The police officer's home has several spirits and even more come; then, during a huge storm the house catches on fire from what?
(a) Thrown torch from upset rioters.
(c) Cooking fire embers.
(d) A dropped match.
2. While the police officer's home is on fire, who knocks on the door to get Azaro?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) His parents.
3. How many workers disappear following into the pit to help the first man that fell in?
4. Azaro panics and falls into a deep depression after having a vision of his mother doing what?
(a) Killing herself.
(c) Becoming a prostitute.
(d) Leaving his father.
5. Azaro's father argues with Madame Koto's new customers and challenges them to a fight outside, but they do what?
(a) Laughed at him.
(b) Ignored his challenge.
(c) Locked him out of the bar.
(d) Left the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon his return to the bar, Azaro finds more updates and new customers, including this man who yells at Azaro and who Madame Koto refers to as a chief.
2. What family does not get sick from the milk?
3. As Azaro walks home from the bar through the forest, who does he meet and ask questions of?
4. On what does Azaro see dripping blood?
5. Whom does Azaro eavesdrop on at the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Azaro notice about his new home in Book 1?
2. Chased from the bar in Book 4, what happens to Azaro after he awakens in the forest?
3. How does Azaro's father deal with creditors who come to his home to collect his debt?
4. Why does Madame Koto hang the fetish, and why does she decide to close the bar abruptly on the night she had really good business?
5. Why does Azaro call on the wind to punish the man at the construction site, and who is he?
6. When Azaro begins sitting at the bar for Madame Koto, what does he notice about the bar's visitors?
7. What happens to Azaro after he runs from the three women?
8. What happens when the thugs and villagers clash the night Azaro hides in the van?
9. In Book 4, Azaro visited the bar less and less. Why? When he does visit, what does he find?
10. What vision does Azaro have about the three men in glasses and what does he do about his vision?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)