|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who returns from a hiding place in the swamp, badly beaten, and knocks on the door of Azaro's home?
(a) One of the thugs.
(b) The photographer.
(c) The landlord.
(d) A construction worker.
2. Who does Azaro stare at and wish for the wind to punish when he wanders in the woods with the other children?
(a) The politician that distributed the bad milk.
(b) An old man bothering the children.
(c) The landlord.
(d) The white man in charge of the construction workers.
3. Azaro's mother's screams awaken him and he finds what everywhere?
4. Who do most of the spirits leave with after the celebration?
(a) The police officer.
(b) The landlord.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) The photographer.
5. When Koto asks for Azaro to come back to the bar he does, and Azaro notices a new ________ for the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is born smiling?
2. Who tells Azaro a story about white people coming to the land?
3. Who chases Azaro when he runs from the bar?
4. After escaping kidnappers by cutting a hole in the bag to get out, Azaro is lost in the forest. Who helps guide him home?
5. Back in the bar after Madame Koto is doing so well and has many new men and women dancing to music, who asks Azaro to marry her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Azaro call on the wind to punish the man at the construction site, and who is he?
2. In Book 4, Azaro visited the bar less and less. Why? When he does visit, what does he find?
3. Describe what happens to Azaro when he gets lost in the forest walking home from the bar in Book 1.
4. According to Azaro's father, what is the story of the King of the Road?
5. In Book 4, what happens with Azaro's fathers and the prostitutes at Koto's bar?
6. When Azaro wanders into a building in Book 4, what happens?
7. When Azaro begins sitting at the bar for Madame Koto, what does he notice about the bar's visitors?
8. Before Azaro is awakened by the photographer returning from the marsh, what is he doing?
9. What does Azaro notice about his new home in Book 1?
10. What is the story about the white man about, and who tells it to Azaro?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)