Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Waiting for the bar to open, Azaro takes a walk in the forest and notices the forest is what?
(b) On fire.
(c) Very quiet.
(d) Blocked off.
2. Who wants the people beaten after the fire in the compound?
(a) The merchants.
(b) The landlord.
(c) The police.
(d) The elders.
3. Even though Azaro's father is working and his mother sells wares, what are they short of at home?
4. Who does Azaro warn about the three men in glasses coming to beat him up?
(a) Madame Koto.
(b) His father.
(c) The photographer.
(d) The landlord.
5. Azaro runs from the blind man to the construction site where he sees a pit open up and swallow workers and what man?
(a) One of his father's employers.
(b) The creditor that took their table.
(c) One of the thugs that harassed his mother.
(d) A white man giving orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who displays a crude kind of local newspaper where Azaro sees his celebrated homecoming and the milk riots?
2. Azaro's father gets into arguments and fights with the prostitutes and a few men over what?
3. When Azaro sees the spirits multiply before his eyes back at the bar, what does he realize is drawing them to the bar?
4. Who harasses Azaro's mother at the market?
5. Where do many of Azaro's friends live that call him to the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the thugs and villagers clash the night Azaro hides in the van?
2. Why are the gods angry with Azaro, and what do they do about it while he is on his journey with the three-headed spirit?
3. Why does Azaro's mother think the villagers do not like them anymore?
4. Describe what happens to Azaro when he gets lost in the forest walking home from the bar in Book 1.
5. Why does Madame Koto hang the fetish, and why does she decide to close the bar abruptly on the night she had really good business?
6. What happens to Azaro after he runs from the three women?
7. Chased from the bar in Book 4, what happens to Azaro after he awakens in the forest?
8. How does the three-headed spirit die, and who kills him?
9. What happens when Azaro's father fights the man in the white suit?
10. How does Azaro's father change after encountering the spirit in his sleep that the priest of the roads helped him fight?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)