|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Azaro wanders to a building where he is bathed and fed, and where he notices what on the walls?
(a) Naked people.
2. Whom does Azaro eavesdrop on at the bar?
(a) Tax collectors.
(c) The women.
(d) Male customers.
3. Who pays Azaro pennies for running errands?
(c) Police officers.
(d) Construction workers.
4. That night, after Azaro warns the person about the three men in glasses, the thugs and the village people become violent. Where does Azaro hide?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In the house.
(c) In the burned out van.
(d) He did not hide.
5. Azaro's father comes to the bar after Azaro returns from the building where he is bathed and fed, and Azaro's father gets into an argument over politics with whom?
(a) Madame Koto.
(b) The landlord.
(c) The prostitutes.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a photographer takes a picture of the celebration, who curiously watches the camera?
2. When Azaro wanders further into the city, who does he see carrying bags of salt?
3. Azaro's mother's screams awaken him and he finds what everywhere?
4. At the end of Book 4, who curses Madame Koto?
5. What becomes entangled in a woman's hair while patronizing Madame Koto's bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chased from the bar in Book 4, what happens to Azaro after he awakens in the forest?
2. How is the landlord in the new compound portrayed in this part of the story?
3. When Azaro begins sitting at the bar for Madame Koto, what does he notice about the bar's visitors?
4. In Book 4, what happens with Azaro's fathers and the prostitutes at Koto's bar?
5. Why does Azaro's mother think the villagers do not like them anymore?
6. What happens during the celebration of Azaro's return?
7. What happens when the creditors come to the house in Azaro's father's absence, and how does he react when he gets home that evening and finds out what they have done?
8. Why does Azaro's father say they would not step foot in the bar again?
9. Why does Azaro's father want to fight the new customers in the bar?
10. Why does Madame Koto hang the fetish, and why does she decide to close the bar abruptly on the night she had really good business?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)