|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Azaro see dripping blood?
(a) A cut tree.
(b) A crazy man's leg.
(c) A stack of wood.
(d) A dog's mouth.
2. Azaro's father argues with Madame Koto's new customers and challenges them to a fight outside, but they do what?
(a) Left the bar.
(b) Locked him out of the bar.
(c) Ignored his challenge.
(d) Laughed at him.
3. When Koto asks for Azaro to come back to the bar he does, and Azaro notices a new ________ for the bar.
4. Who runs naked in the rain?
(b) The children.
(c) Azaro's father.
(d) The photographer.
5. The politicians in the van are of what party?
(a) The community party.
(b) The party of unity.
(c) The party of the rich.
(d) The red party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Azaro's name is changed from what when he awakens from a coffin?
2. What does Azaro's father catch in the woods and take to their new home to roast in celebration of Azaro's return from being lost after the fire and riot at their old compound?
3. While the police officer's home is on fire, who knocks on the door to get Azaro?
4. Who returns to Azaro's home and talks about killing the rats?
5. That night, after Azaro warns the person about the three men in glasses, the thugs and the village people become violent. Where does Azaro hide?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Azaro's father deal with creditors who come to his home to collect his debt?
2. What happens after the rainy season starts?
3. When Azaro begins sitting at the bar for Madame Koto, what does he notice about the bar's visitors?
4. Describe what happens to Azaro when he gets lost in the forest walking home from the bar in Book 1.
5. Why is Azaro's mother not doing well at the market place?
6. Why does Azaro call on the wind to punish the man at the construction site, and who is he?
7. In Book 4, what happens with Azaro's fathers and the prostitutes at Koto's bar?
8. According to Azaro's father, what is the story of the King of the Road?
9. What happens when the creditors come to the house in Azaro's father's absence, and how does he react when he gets home that evening and finds out what they have done?
10. What does Azaro notice about his new home in Book 1?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)