|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Politicians in a van pass out what to the crowd?
(c) Powdered milk.
2. After the animal is cooked, why do some of the villagers that come for the celebration get angry?
(a) They had to sit on the ground to eat.
(b) The boar was burned.
(c) There was not enough to feed everyone.
(d) They had to eat outside.
3. After climbing the tree and putting on the mask again, what does Azaro see?
(a) A giant.
(c) A storm.
4. After the thugs declare that they will bring Koto more business since she supported them, what do they promise to get her for the bar?
(b) Running Water.
(c) More Palm Wine.
(d) Better Lighting.
5. Even though Azaro's father is working and his mother sells wares, what are they short of at home?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the spirit world, what is described as always hungry?
2. After coming home drunk, Azaro's father finds what gone from the house, thanks to the creditors?
3. When Azaro finds the bar locked up, he finds Madame Koto in the back making soup in which she claims to have put what ingredient?
4. The police officer's home has several spirits and even more come; then, during a huge storm the house catches on fire from what?
5. When Azaro is kidnapped during a fire and riot in his family's living compound, who tells him to run for his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Azaro notice about his new home in Book 1?
2. Before Azaro is awakened by the photographer returning from the marsh, what is he doing?
3. Who are the three men in glasses looking for, and what happens when they find where this person works?
4. What happens involving the party of the rich and the villagers?
5. Why does Azaro call on the wind to punish the man at the construction site, and who is he?
6. When Azaro begins sitting at the bar for Madame Koto, what does he notice about the bar's visitors?
7. What happens after the rainy season starts?
8. What is the story about the white man about, and who tells it to Azaro?
9. When Azaro wanders into a building in Book 4, what happens?
10. Why does Madame Koto hang the fetish, and why does she decide to close the bar abruptly on the night she had really good business?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)