|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who promises to bring poison for the rats on the night Azaro sees himself fly over his parents and through the roof?
(a) The bar owner.
(b) The king.
(c) The landlord.
(d) The photographer.
2. Politicians in a van pass out what to the crowd?
(b) Powdered milk.
3. After arguing with Azaro's mother, what do the creditors finally take for debt repayment?
4. A three-headed spirit walks into the bar and a voice reveals more of Azaro's powers to him. When the vice tells Azaro to close his eyes, he says that Azaro can do what?
(a) Hear better.
(c) Still see.
(d) See nothing.
5. Who is in the van with the politicians, besides the thugs?
(a) Azaro's mother.
(b) The landlord.
(c) Azaro's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Azaro refuses to follow the requester into the spirit world, what is he told his spirit friends will send next for him?
2. Who chases Azaro when he runs from the bar?
3. Azaro panics and falls into a deep depression after having a vision of his mother doing what?
4. Who returns from a hiding place in the swamp, badly beaten, and knocks on the door of Azaro's home?
5. Looking through the mask everything becomes _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Azaro's father want to fight the new customers in the bar?
2. Why is Azaro's mother not doing well at the market place?
3. In Book 4, Azaro visited the bar less and less. Why? When he does visit, what does he find?
4. Describe what happens to Azaro when he gets lost in the forest walking home from the bar in Book 1.
5. What is the story about the white man about, and who tells it to Azaro?
6. What does Azaro notice about his new home in Book 1?
7. In Book 4, what happens with Azaro's fathers and the prostitutes at Koto's bar?
8. What happens involving the party of the rich and the villagers?
9. Why does Azaro no longer like Madame Koto in Book 3?
10. What happens after the rainy season starts?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)