|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carries Azaro's exhausted father back home after the fight with the man in the white suit?
(a) The landlord and his men.
(b) The beggars.
(c) Madame Koto's thugs.
(d) Some of the villagers.
2. According to Azaro, what can be the highest point of life?
(c) A dream.
3. Who tells Azaro's father to "be what you are"?
(b) Azaro's paternal grandfather.
(d) Azaro's mother.
4. Who does Azaro steal food for?
(a) The beggars.
(b) His father.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) His mother.
5. Who shares Azaro's father's dream with him besides his son?
(a) The four-headed spirit.
(b) Azaro's mother.
6. As Azaro and his "guide" travel, what flows backward against their travel?
(a) The road.
(b) The crowd.
(d) The wind.
7. Who tries to grab Azaro again in Book 7 so he can see?
(b) The politician.
(c) The landlord.
(d) The blind man.
8. What color are the eyes watching Azaro's father shadowbox?
9. What does Azaro tell his parents about the money?
(a) He found it in the van.
(b) He found it in the bushes.
(c) He found it by the front door.
(d) Ade gave it to him.
10. What musical instrument does Azaro break while on his journey?
(a) A tamborine.
(b) A guitar.
(c) An accordion.
(d) A drum.
11. Who is angry with Azaro and creates a hole in his path on his spirit journey?
(a) The king of the road.
(b) His spirit friends.
(c) The gods.
(d) The three-headed spirit.
12. Whose face does Azaro see on a lizard during his journey?
(a) His father's.
(b) The politician's.
(c) The blind man's.
(d) Madame Koto's.
13. Azaro's father wins a lot of money because he bet on himself. Who does he have place the bet?
(b) His son.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) His wife.
14. What drink does Azaro spill on himself?
(a) Palm wine.
15. Whose tears from the world of the living flood houses in the valley during Azaro's spirit journey?
(a) His mother's friends.
(b) The women from the bar.
(c) Madame Koto's.
(d) His mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose window does the stone break?
2. What does Azaro's father turn over looking for more food?
3. Who does the head beggar turn out to be?
4. At the end of this story, there is a __________.
5. What does Azaro's father say about lizards?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)