|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose window does the stone break?
(a) The landlord's window.
(b) The blind man's window.
(c) His family's window.
(d) Madame Koto's window.
2. Who carries Azaro's exhausted father back home after the fight with the man in the white suit?
(a) The beggars.
(b) The landlord and his men.
(c) Madame Koto's thugs.
(d) Some of the villagers.
3. Who puts up a tent and throws a private party in Book 7?
(a) Madame Koto.
(b) The politician.
(c) The landlord.
(d) Azaro's father.
4. After awakening and giving his speech about power and responsibility, what does Azaro's father tell them not to kill but to command to leave?
(a) A lizard.
(b) Unwelcome bugs and insects.
(c) Bad spirits.
(d) Wild animals.
5. After breaking the window, who beats Azaro until he can no longer feel the pain?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) The police.
(d) The window owner.
6. Who shares Azaro's father's dream with him besides his son?
(a) Azaro's mother.
(b) The four-headed spirit.
7. Who comes to get Ade from Azaro's home and is upset about Ade being out so late?
(a) Ade's mother.
(b) Ade's father.
(c) The blind man.
(d) Ade's uncle.
8. How long does the money last that Azaro brings home from the woods for his family to use?
(a) A few days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) More than a month.
(d) One week.
9. Who brings the herbalist that helps Azaro come back from the journey he has decided he does not want to take?
(a) The blind man.
(b) The landlord.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
10. What drink does Azaro spill on himself?
(b) Palm wine.
11. Whose face does Azaro see in the place with ever changing colors?
(a) His father's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) His own.
(d) The blind man's.
12. What do the eyes watch besides Azaro's father when he shadowboxes outside at night?
(a) The swamp.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) The lights.
13. Who fights with Azaro about sitting on the van and then they later become friends?
(a) The boy named Ade.
(b) The landlord's son.
(c) The three-headed spirit.
(d) The spirit girl from the bar.
14. Who attacks one of the spirit beggars that is in Azaro's home?
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
15. Who follows Azaro's father around when he shadowboxes outside?
(a) The children.
(b) Customers from Koto's bar.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) The prostitutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. One night Madame Koto appears in Azaro's sleep and begs him for what?
2. According to Azaro, what can be the highest point of life?
3. Why does Azaro withdraw from his parents in the world of the living?
4. What does Azaro's father decide to train as?
5. Who plays music while Azaro's father is recovering from the boxing match with the boxer that disappeared?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)