|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the eyes watch besides Azaro's father when he shadowboxes outside at night?
(a) The lights.
(b) The neighbors.
(d) The swamp.
2. Whose window does the stone break?
(a) Madame Koto's window.
(b) His family's window.
(c) The blind man's window.
(d) The landlord's window.
3. After breaking the window, who beats Azaro until he can no longer feel the pain?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) The police.
(d) The window owner.
4. Who says "one way or another we are all spies"?
(a) Madame Koto.
(b) The blind man.
(d) Azaro's father.
5. What type of season is it in which Madame Koto grows more powerful?
(a) The rainy season.
(b) The Winter.
(c) The Spring.
(d) The Summer.
6. Who prays in three languages?
(a) The herbalist.
(b) Azaro's mother.
(d) Madame Koto.
7. Who carries Azaro's exhausted father back home after the fight with the man in the white suit?
(a) The landlord and his men.
(b) The beggars.
(c) Madame Koto's thugs.
(d) Some of the villagers.
8. Who becomes weaker as Madame Koto becomes stronger?
(a) The blind man.
(d) The villagers.
9. Who yells at Azaro to get out of his father's dream?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His mother.
(d) The herbalist.
10. According to Azaro, what can be the highest point of life?
(d) A dream.
11. What does Azaro's father decide to train as?
(a) A boxer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A laborer.
(d) A professor.
12. Who does not eat the food Azaro's mother puts out for this person?
(c) The blind man.
13. Who purchases a car and doesn't know how to drive it?
(a) The photographer.
(b) The politician.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) The landlord.
14. Who joins Azaro on the fourth day of his withdrawal?
(a) The king.
(b) The three-headed spirit.
(c) His dead grandfather.
(d) His mother.
15. Azaro's father uses his money to buy books and to throw a party where the crowd gets rowdy and, according to Azaro _________ leaks onto the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal's blood is poured on Azaro and kills his "guide", who is fighting the ferry woman at the great river?
2. Who puts up a tent and throws a private party in Book 7?
3. What is the name of the former robber-turned-boxer that challenges Azaro's father to a boxing match?
4. What drink does Azaro spill on himself?
5. Who does Azaro throw a stone at while coming home with the drink?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)