|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Azaro and his "guide" travel, what flows backward against their travel?
(a) The crowd.
(b) The wind.
(d) The road.
2. Who does the head beggar turn out to be?
(a) The four-headed spirit.
(c) The king.
(d) The blind man.
3. What do the eyes watch besides Azaro's father when he shadowboxes outside at night?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) The swamp.
(c) The lights.
4. How long does the money last that Azaro brings home from the woods for his family to use?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) More than a month.
(d) A few days.
5. What color are the eyes watching Azaro's father shadowbox?
6. What type of season is it in which Madame Koto grows more powerful?
(a) The rainy season.
(b) The Spring.
(c) The Summer.
(d) The Winter.
7. Who does Azaro throw a stone at while coming home with the drink?
(a) Other children.
(c) The blind man.
(d) The foreman.
8. Who shares Azaro's father's dream with him besides his son?
(b) Azaro's mother.
(d) The four-headed spirit.
9. Azaro's father uses his money to buy books and to throw a party where the crowd gets rowdy and, according to Azaro _________ leaks onto the road.
10. What does Koto bring out to the priest that leads the protest in front of her bar?
(a) An umbrella.
(c) A chair.
11. Who gives Azaro money while he is in the woods with his new friend, and who knows Azaro cannot tell where he got the money from?
(a) One of the thugs.
(b) The politician.
(c) The blind man.
(d) Madame Koto.
12. One night Madame Koto appears in Azaro's sleep and begs him for what?
(a) His loyalty.
(b) His body.
(c) His power.
(d) His youth.
13. Whose shout from the world of the living manifests as a storm in the spirit realm on Azaro's journey?
(a) The herbalist's.
(b) Madame Koto's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) His father's.
14. Who tries to grab Azaro again in Book 7 so he can see?
(a) The blind man.
(b) The landlord.
(d) The politician.
15. Who comes to get Ade from Azaro's home and is upset about Ade being out so late?
(a) Ade's mother.
(b) The blind man.
(c) Ade's uncle.
(d) Ade's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. After breaking the window, who beats Azaro until he can no longer feel the pain?
2. How long does Book 5 say it rains?
3. Who tells Azaro's father to "be what you are"?
4. Who does Azaro steal food for?
5. Who says poverty is driving this person mad?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)