|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After awakening and giving his speech about power and responsibility, what does Azaro's father tell them not to kill but to command to leave?
(a) Wild animals.
(b) Bad spirits.
(c) A lizard.
(d) Unwelcome bugs and insects.
2. What drink does Azaro spill on himself?
(a) Palm wine.
3. While fighting the former robber-turned-boxer, where does Azaro's father disappear to?
(a) Into the crowd.
(b) Behind the van.
(c) The swamp.
(d) Behind the other boxer.
4. Who prays in three languages?
(a) The herbalist.
(b) Madame Koto.
(c) Azaro's mother.
5. Who does the head beggar turn out to be?
(a) The four-headed spirit.
(c) The king.
(d) The blind man.
6. Why does Azaro withdraw from his parents in the world of the living?
(a) To punish them.
(b) To stop seeing spirits.
(c) To find relief from the pain.
(d) To stop hearing voices.
7. Who follows Azaro's father around when he shadowboxes outside?
(a) The children.
(b) The prostitutes.
(c) Customers from Koto's bar.
(d) The neighbors.
8. How many beggars from the road follow Azaro to the bar when he goes inside in Book 7?
9. What musical instrument does Azaro break while on his journey?
(a) An accordion.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A drum.
(d) A tamborine.
10. After the beatings, what does Azaro refuse to do?
(b) Go to school.
(d) Sit down.
11. Who carries Azaro's exhausted father back home after the fight with the man in the white suit?
(a) Madame Koto's thugs.
(b) Some of the villagers.
(c) The beggars.
(d) The landlord and his men.
12. Who does Azaro throw a stone at while coming home with the drink?
(a) The foreman.
(b) The blind man.
(d) Other children.
13. Who attacks one of the spirit beggars that is in Azaro's home?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
14. Who fights with Azaro about sitting on the van and then they later become friends?
(a) The spirit girl from the bar.
(b) The three-headed spirit.
(c) The landlord's son.
(d) The boy named Ade.
15. On the road, what speaks in different languages?
(a) The dogs.
(b) The rocks.
(c) The water.
(d) The trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Azaro's father turn over looking for more food?
2. After defeating the former robber-turned-boxer, who does Azaro's father fight in his sleep?
3. On the journey, Azaro and the "guide" come to what place with ever changing colors?
4. Who gives Azaro money while he is in the woods with his new friend, and who knows Azaro cannot tell where he got the money from?
5. Who comes to visit Azaro's father during his recovery, but leaves because other visitors make this person feel uncomfortable?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)