|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fights with Azaro about sitting on the van and then they later become friends?
(a) The spirit girl from the bar.
(b) The three-headed spirit.
(c) The landlord's son.
(d) The boy named Ade.
2. Whose dreams give the village children nightmares?
(b) The blind man's.
(d) Madame Koto's.
3. What does Azaro tell his parents about the money?
(a) He found it in the bushes.
(b) Ade gave it to him.
(c) He found it in the van.
(d) He found it by the front door.
4. Azaro's mother puts this out when this person comes to their home each morning.
(b) Extra plate.
(c) Extra chair.
5. Azaro's father uses his money to buy books and to throw a party where the crowd gets rowdy and, according to Azaro _________ leaks onto the road.
6. What does Azaro's father turn over looking for more food?
(a) The plates.
(b) The pots.
(c) His chair.
(d) The table.
7. What is the name of the boxer that disappears after Azaro's father defeats him near the swamp?
(a) Black Tyger.
(b) The Green Leopard.
(c) White Tyger.
(d) Yellow Jaguar.
8. Who tells Azaro's father to "be what you are"?
(a) Azaro's mother.
(c) Azaro's paternal grandfather.
9. Who persuades the priest to lead the protest in front of Koto's bar?
(a) The party of the rich.
(b) The jealous villagers.
(c) The party of the poor.
(d) The rival bar owners.
10. Who joins Azaro on the fourth day of his withdrawal?
(a) The king.
(b) His dead grandfather.
(c) The three-headed spirit.
(d) His mother.
11. One night Madame Koto appears in Azaro's sleep and begs him for what?
(a) His loyalty.
(b) His body.
(c) His youth.
(d) His power.
12. What drink does Azaro spill on himself?
(b) Palm wine.
13. Who says poverty is driving this person mad?
(a) Madame Koto.
(b) The landlord.
(d) Azaro's mother.
14. Azaro's father wins a lot of money because he bet on himself. Who does he have place the bet?
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) Madame Koto.
15. Who says "one way or another we are all spies"?
(a) The blind man.
(b) Azaro's father.
(c) Madame Koto.
Short Answer Questions
1. After breaking the window, who beats Azaro until he can no longer feel the pain?
2. On the road, what speaks in different languages?
3. Who does Azaro steal food for?
4. Who follows Azaro's father in his dreams?
5. What animal's blood is poured on Azaro and kills his "guide", who is fighting the ferry woman at the great river?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)