|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Azaro's third day of withdrawing into himself, what does he do?
(a) He began to leave the world of the living.
(b) He began to scream in pain.
(c) He began to sweat from fever and chills.
(d) He cried.
2. While fighting the former robber-turned-boxer, where does Azaro's father disappear to?
(a) Behind the other boxer.
(b) The swamp.
(c) Into the crowd.
(d) Behind the van.
3. Whose shout from the world of the living manifests as a storm in the spirit realm on Azaro's journey?
(a) His mother's.
(b) Madame Koto's.
(c) The herbalist's.
(d) His father's.
4. What spirit beggar drinks with Azaro's father in their home?
(a) The four-headed spirit.
(b) The blind man.
(c) The girl.
(d) The landlord.
5. Who tells Azaro's father to "be what you are"?
(a) Azaro's mother.
(d) Azaro's paternal grandfather.
6. Who helps Azaro remove the person distracting his father in Book 7?
(a) The blind man.
7. Azaro's father wins a lot of money because he bet on himself. Who does he have place the bet?
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) Madame Koto.
8. Why do the beggars stay in the village even though they want to leave?
(c) Azaro's father.
9. On his spirit journey, what color is the road Azaro follows along?
10. Azaro's father uses his money to buy books and to throw a party where the crowd gets rowdy and, according to Azaro _________ leaks onto the road.
11. Who grows while sleeping?
(a) Azaro's father.
(c) Madame Koto.
12. Who fights with Azaro about sitting on the van and then they later become friends?
(a) The landlord's son.
(b) The three-headed spirit.
(c) The boy named Ade.
(d) The spirit girl from the bar.
13. Who purchases a car and doesn't know how to drive it?
(a) Madame Koto.
(b) The politician.
(c) The landlord.
(d) The photographer.
14. Who follows Azaro's father around when he shadowboxes outside?
(a) Customers from Koto's bar.
(b) The children.
(c) The prostitutes.
(d) The neighbors.
15. What does Koto bring out to the priest that leads the protest in front of her bar?
(a) An umbrella.
(d) A chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes weaker as Madame Koto becomes stronger?
2. Who says poverty is driving this person mad?
3. How long does Book 5 say it rains?
4. What does Azaro's father turn over looking for more food?
5. Sitting in a tree, Azaro has a great view of not only the blind man's home, but also __________.
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)