|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Azaro's father wins a lot of money because he bet on himself. Who does he have place the bet?
(b) His son.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) His wife.
2. As Azaro and his "guide" travel, what flows backward against their travel?
(b) The wind.
(c) The crowd.
(d) The road.
3. Who carries Azaro's exhausted father back home after the fight with the man in the white suit?
(a) Madame Koto's thugs.
(b) Some of the villagers.
(c) The beggars.
(d) The landlord and his men.
4. Who persuades the priest to lead the protest in front of Koto's bar?
(a) The party of the rich.
(b) The party of the poor.
(c) The rival bar owners.
(d) The jealous villagers.
5. Who says poverty is driving this person mad?
(a) Madame Koto.
(c) Azaro's mother.
(d) The landlord.
6. After the beatings, what does Azaro refuse to do?
(a) Sit down.
(d) Go to school.
7. What does Azaro's father say about lizards?
(a) They are good pets.
(b) Don't eat them.
(c) He had one when he was a boy.
(d) They are messengers.
8. What do the eyes watch besides Azaro's father when he shadowboxes outside at night?
(b) The lights.
(c) The swamp.
(d) The neighbors.
9. Whose window does the stone break?
(a) Madame Koto's window.
(b) The landlord's window.
(c) The blind man's window.
(d) His family's window.
10. How long does Book 5 say it rains?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) A month.
11. Whose shout from the world of the living manifests as a storm in the spirit realm on Azaro's journey?
(a) The herbalist's.
(b) His father's.
(c) Madame Koto's.
(d) His mother's.
12. What type of season is it in which Madame Koto grows more powerful?
(a) The rainy season.
(b) The Summer.
(c) The Winter.
(d) The Spring.
13. Who tells Azaro's father to "be what you are"?
(b) Azaro's paternal grandfather.
(d) Azaro's mother.
14. Who is angry with Azaro and creates a hole in his path on his spirit journey?
(a) The king of the road.
(b) The three-headed spirit.
(c) The gods.
(d) His spirit friends.
15. While fighting the former robber-turned-boxer, where does Azaro's father disappear to?
(a) Into the crowd.
(b) Behind the other boxer.
(c) The swamp.
(d) Behind the van.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights with Azaro about sitting on the van and then they later become friends?
2. Who attacks one of the spirit beggars that is in Azaro's home?
3. Who comes to visit Azaro's father during his recovery, but leaves because other visitors make this person feel uncomfortable?
4. When Madame Koto goes to swallow Azaro up in his sleep, what great animal prevents this?
5. The rainy season ends and with that, who supposedly dreams of being chased by a lizard?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)