|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a photographer takes a picture of the celebration, who curiously watches the camera?
(b) The villagers.
(c) The spirits.
(d) Azaro's parents.
2. When Azaro finds the bar locked up, he finds Madame Koto in the back making soup in which she claims to have put what ingredient?
3. Who do the thugs tell to leave the bar after he attempts to get a drink?
(a) The carpenter.
(b) Azaro's father.
(c) An albino.
4. Who is born smiling?
(a) The babies.
(b) The boy.
(c) The abiku.
(d) The king.
5. Back in the bar after Madame Koto is doing so well and has many new men and women dancing to music, who asks Azaro to marry her?
(a) A midget woman.
(b) An albino.
(c) One of his mother's friends.
(d) One of the spirits.
6. Who believes Azaro to be good luck?
(a) The landlord.
(b) Madame Koto.
(c) Azaro's mother.
(d) Azaro's grandfather.
7. Looking through the mask everything becomes _______.
8. Azaro is kidnapped again, this time by two albinos and a woman. Where is he when they kidnap him?
(a) In the forest.
(d) The bar.
9. As Azaro walks home from the bar through the forest, who does he meet and ask questions of?
(a) The landlord.
(b) The king.
(d) His father.
10. After coming home drunk, Azaro's father finds what gone from the house, thanks to the creditors?
(a) The chairs.
(b) The table.
(c) The food.
(d) The bed.
11. Who promises to bring poison for the rats on the night Azaro sees himself fly over his parents and through the roof?
(a) The king.
(b) The photographer.
(c) The bar owner.
(d) The landlord.
12. Azaro panics and falls into a deep depression after having a vision of his mother doing what?
(a) Becoming a prostitute.
(c) Leaving his father.
(d) Killing herself.
13. When Koto asks for Azaro to come back to the bar he does, and Azaro notices a new ________ for the bar.
14. A man told Azaro's family the landlord was raising the rent on only their family. Who does Azaro's father hatch a scheme to get money from?
(a) An old friend.
(b) His current employer.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Madame Koto.
15. Why do the spirits floating in the crowds chase Azaro?
(a) Because he tried to get rid of them.
(b) Because he could see them.
(c) Because was afraid of them.
(d) Because he tried to ignore them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the spirit world, what is described as always hungry?
2. Who owns the bar that Azaro's father takes him to for a drink?
3. Even though Azaro's father is working and his mother sells wares, what are they short of at home?
4. What weapon does Azaro's father brandish that makes the men he is fighting outside the bar flee?
5. After climbing the tree and putting on the mask again, what does Azaro see?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)