|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Azaro refuses to follow the requester into the spirit world, what is he told his spirit friends will send next for him?
(a) A four-headed spirit.
(b) A giant.
(c) A dog.
(d) A serpent.
2. A man told Azaro's family the landlord was raising the rent on only their family. Who does Azaro's father hatch a scheme to get money from?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) Madame Koto.
(c) An old friend.
(d) His current employer.
3. Azaro is kidnapped again, this time by two albinos and a woman. Where is he when they kidnap him?
(a) In the forest.
(d) The bar.
4. Who brings palm wine when they arrive for the celebration?
(a) The landlord.
(b) The police officer.
(c) Azaro's uncle.
(d) Madame Koto.
5. What happens to the garbage by the van?
(a) People pulled it away.
(b) The animals ate it.
(c) It was set on fire.
(d) The children played with it.
6. What causes the already vengeful crowd to break into pandemonium?
(b) Dead body found.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) Wild boar running loose.
7. Azaro's family fears the other villagers are angry at them because someone had _________________.
(a) Thrown a pot of oil through the only window.
(b) Left an animal carcass at their door.
(c) Water soaked all their fire wood.
(d) Put out their cooking fire.
8. Azaro's father gets into arguments and fights with the prostitutes and a few men over what?
9. Azaro's father comes to the bar after Azaro returns from the building where he is bathed and fed, and Azaro's father gets into an argument over politics with whom?
(a) The prostitutes.
(b) The landlord.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) His wife.
10. What becomes entangled in a woman's hair while patronizing Madame Koto's bar?
(a) The curtains.
(b) A bird.
(c) A hook.
11. After the animal is cooked, why do some of the villagers that come for the celebration get angry?
(a) They had to eat outside.
(b) They had to sit on the ground to eat.
(c) The boar was burned.
(d) There was not enough to feed everyone.
12. At the end of Book 4, who curses Madame Koto?
(b) One of the thugs.
(c) Azaro's mother.
(d) Azaro's father.
13. Who pays Azaro pennies for running errands?
(a) Construction workers.
(b) Police officers.
14. The police officer and his wife have Azaro sit for dinner. Who is also at the table?
(a) Their daughter.
(b) Their neighbors.
(c) Their dead son.
(d) Their son.
15. After escaping his abductors, Azaro awakens the next day and after getting home, what does his father do to him for being late and worrying them?
(a) Beats him.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Ignores him.
(d) Feeds him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Azaro's father argues with Madame Koto's new customers and challenges them to a fight outside, but they do what?
2. What weapon does Azaro's father brandish that makes the men he is fighting outside the bar flee?
3. Whom does Azaro eavesdrop on at the bar?
4. The police officer's home has several spirits and even more come; then, during a huge storm the house catches on fire from what?
5. Who runs naked in the rain?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)