|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Azaro a story about white people coming to the land?
(a) Azaro's father.
(b) His friend.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) Azaro's mother.
2. After escaping kidnappers by cutting a hole in the bag to get out, Azaro is lost in the forest. Who helps guide him home?
(a) The king.
(b) A two-legged dog.
(c) A spirit child.
(d) His mother.
3. After climbing the tree and putting on the mask again, what does Azaro see?
(a) A storm.
(c) A giant.
4. Who does Azaro's father confront about being attacked at the end of Book 4?
(a) The landlord.
(b) The politician.
(c) The thugs.
(d) Madame Koto.
5. Azaro panics and falls into a deep depression after having a vision of his mother doing what?
(a) Becoming a prostitute.
(b) Leaving his father.
(c) Killing herself.
6. After the celebration, when Azaro's father comes home from looking for a job, why does he get angry with Azaro's mother?
(a) Because she didn't pay the creditors.
(b) Because he didn't find a job.
(c) Because she was ill.
(d) Because she went to bed without making supper.
7. Politicians in a van pass out what to the crowd?
(a) Powdered milk.
8. When Azaro finds the bar locked up, he finds Madame Koto in the back making soup in which she claims to have put what ingredient?
9. What does Azaro's father catch in the woods and take to their new home to roast in celebration of Azaro's return from being lost after the fire and riot at their old compound?
(a) A wild boar.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A fox.
(d) A bird.
10. After the animal is cooked, why do some of the villagers that come for the celebration get angry?
(a) The boar was burned.
(b) There was not enough to feed everyone.
(c) They had to eat outside.
(d) They had to sit on the ground to eat.
11. Upon his return to the bar, Azaro finds more updates and new customers, including this man who yells at Azaro and who Madame Koto refers to as a chief.
(a) An elder.
(b) Azaro's father's employer.
(c) The landlord's man that raised their rent.
(d) The poisoned milk distributor.
12. What does Azaro view as a spirit box?
(a) The gramophone machine.
(b) The construction site work truck.
(c) The van.
(d) Madame Koto's cash register.
13. The man Azaro helps out the back door and away from the thugs chasing him is caught by them and taken where?
(a) Into the woods.
(b) Into the bathroom.
(c) Behind the bar.
(d) Away in a car.
14. After the thugs declare that they will bring Koto more business since she supported them, what do they promise to get her for the bar?
(a) Running Water.
(b) More Palm Wine.
(d) Better Lighting.
15. Who displays a crude kind of local newspaper where Azaro sees his celebrated homecoming and the milk riots?
(a) The photographer.
(b) The village crier.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) The local newspaper owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Azaro runs from the blind man to the construction site where he sees a pit open up and swallow workers and what man?
2. Who believes Azaro to be good luck?
3. The day after cleaning the house from the celebration, with whom does Azaro go to sell wares?
4. Azaro's family fears the other villagers are angry at them because someone had _________________.
5. Sitting in Madame Koto's bar, Azaro swats flies from his __________.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)