|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Azaro's family fears the other villagers are angry at them because someone had _________________.
(a) Put out their cooking fire.
(b) Left an animal carcass at their door.
(c) Thrown a pot of oil through the only window.
(d) Water soaked all their fire wood.
2. Where do many of Azaro's friends live that call him to the river?
(a) In his village.
(b) In a nearby village.
(c) On the other side of the river.
(d) In the spirit world.
3. Who is born smiling?
(a) The king.
(b) The babies.
(c) The boy.
(d) The abiku.
4. How many workers disappear following into the pit to help the first man that fell in?
5. After coming home drunk, Azaro's father finds what gone from the house, thanks to the creditors?
(a) The bed.
(b) The table.
(c) The chairs.
(d) The food.
6. When Azaro finds the bar locked up, he finds Madame Koto in the back making soup in which she claims to have put what ingredient?
7. Through his mother's friends, what does Azaro learn about the women now working in Madame Koto's bar?
(a) They are widows.
(b) They are prostitutes.
(c) They are outcasts and need work.
(d) They are unmarried maidens.
8. While the police officer's home is on fire, who knocks on the door to get Azaro?
(a) His father.
(b) His parents.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) His mother.
9. Politicians in a van pass out what to the crowd?
(b) Powdered milk.
10. After the celebration, many drunken men who were asleep on the floor had to be carried out, but the landlord awakened and demanded what?
(b) His hat.
(d) The rent.
11. After arguing with Azaro's mother, what do the creditors finally take for debt repayment?
12. After awakening in the building where he was bathed and fed, Azaro returns to the bar where Madame Koto asks him why he touched her what?
13. In the bar, who urinates all over the floor and breaks the furniture?
(a) A madman.
(c) The landlord.
(d) Azaro's father.
14. Who does Azaro stare at and wish for the wind to punish when he wanders in the woods with the other children?
(a) The landlord.
(b) The politician that distributed the bad milk.
(c) An old man bothering the children.
(d) The white man in charge of the construction workers.
15. Who do the thugs tell to leave the bar after he attempts to get a drink?
(a) An albino.
(c) Azaro's father.
(d) The carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Azaro eavesdrop on at the bar?
2. When Azaro is kidnapped during a fire and riot in his family's living compound, who tells him to run for his life?
3. What does Azaro view as a spirit box?
4. What does Azaro do after the spirit girl in the bar keeps blowing out the match every time he lights it for his customer?
5. A three-headed spirit walks into the bar and a voice reveals more of Azaro's powers to him. When the vice tells Azaro to close his eyes, he says that Azaro can do what?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)