|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sitting in Madame Koto's bar, Azaro swats flies from his __________.
(d) Palm wine.
2. When Azaro finds the bar locked up, he finds Madame Koto in the back making soup in which she claims to have put what ingredient?
3. After awakening in the building where he was bathed and fed, Azaro returns to the bar where Madame Koto asks him why he touched her what?
4. Who does Azaro's father confront about being attacked at the end of Book 4?
(a) The landlord.
(b) Madame Koto.
(c) The thugs.
(d) The politician.
5. After climbing the tree and putting on the mask again, what does Azaro see?
(b) A giant.
(d) A storm.
6. After the animal is cooked, why do some of the villagers that come for the celebration get angry?
(a) They had to eat outside.
(b) There was not enough to feed everyone.
(c) The boar was burned.
(d) They had to sit on the ground to eat.
7. Who brings palm wine when they arrive for the celebration?
(a) The police officer.
(b) Madame Koto.
(c) The landlord.
(d) Azaro's uncle.
8. Who takes the weapon from Azaro's father after the men flee?
(a) The thugs.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) The prostitutes.
9. In the spirit world, what is described as always hungry?
(a) The road.
(b) The king.
(c) The river.
(d) The boy.
10. Azaro's father gets into arguments and fights with the prostitutes and a few men over what?
11. As a photographer takes a picture of the celebration, who curiously watches the camera?
(b) The spirits.
(c) Azaro's parents.
(d) The villagers.
12. Politicians in a van pass out what to the crowd?
(d) Powdered milk.
13. In the clearing, a tree grows over what Azaro buries in the forest. What does he bury?
(a) His mother's wares.
(b) The dead rats.
(c) The photgrapher's camera.
(d) Madame Koto's fetish.
14. As the spirits call to Azaro on the street, he faints and is taken where?
(a) Nowhere; he was left on the street.
(b) To the home of a police officer.
(d) To the local doctor.
15. What does Azaro view as a spirit box?
(a) Madame Koto's cash register.
(b) The construction site work truck.
(c) The van.
(d) The gramophone machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. A three-headed spirit walks into the bar and a voice reveals more of Azaro's powers to him. When the vice tells Azaro to close his eyes, he says that Azaro can do what?
2. Azaro wanders to a building where he is bathed and fed, and where he notices what on the walls?
3. Who do the villagers fear is dead the morning after the violent clash with the thugs?
4. On what does Azaro see dripping blood?
5. After escaping kidnappers by cutting a hole in the bag to get out, Azaro is lost in the forest. Who helps guide him home?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)