|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Azaro sees the spirits multiply before his eyes back at the bar, what does he realize is drawing them to the bar?
(a) The palm wine.
(c) The fetish.
(d) Madame Koto.
2. A blind man on the street sees Azaro and chases him to get what so he can see?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His hands.
(d) His power.
3. Who does Azaro stare at and wish for the wind to punish when he wanders in the woods with the other children?
(a) The politician that distributed the bad milk.
(b) An old man bothering the children.
(c) The landlord.
(d) The white man in charge of the construction workers.
4. Azaro's father comes to the bar after Azaro returns from the building where he is bathed and fed, and Azaro's father gets into an argument over politics with whom?
(a) His wife.
(b) Madame Koto.
(c) The landlord.
(d) The prostitutes.
5. Even though Azaro's father is working and his mother sells wares, what are they short of at home?
6. Who pays Azaro pennies for running errands?
(a) Police officers.
(c) Construction workers.
7. What does Azaro do after the spirit girl in the bar keeps blowing out the match every time he lights it for his customer?
(a) He moved to the other end of the bar.
(b) He turned away from the spirit to light the match.
(c) He yelled at the girl.
(d) He covered the match with his hand.
8. Where do many of Azaro's friends live that call him to the river?
(a) On the other side of the river.
(b) In the spirit world.
(c) In his village.
(d) In a nearby village.
9. After awakening in the building where he was bathed and fed, Azaro returns to the bar where Madame Koto asks him why he touched her what?
10. Who runs naked in the rain?
(a) The photographer.
(b) Azaro's father.
(c) The children.
11. The police officer and his wife have Azaro sit for dinner. Who is also at the table?
(a) Their son.
(b) Their daughter.
(c) Their neighbors.
(d) Their dead son.
12. When Koto asks for Azaro to come back to the bar he does, and Azaro notices a new ________ for the bar.
13. According to Azaro's father, who eats travelers that do not make sacrifices unto him?
(a) The King of the Road.
(b) The Spirits.
(c) The village god.
(d) The King.
14. As the spirits call to Azaro on the street, he faints and is taken where?
(a) To the home of a police officer.
(c) To the local doctor.
(d) Nowhere; he was left on the street.
15. Who takes the weapon from Azaro's father after the men flee?
(b) The prostitutes.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) The thugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. The police officer's home has several spirits and even more come; then, during a huge storm the house catches on fire from what?
2. How many workers disappear following into the pit to help the first man that fell in?
3. Chased from the bar in Book 3, Azaro flees into the forest and sleeps only to awaken to find what?
4. After escaping kidnappers by cutting a hole in the bag to get out, Azaro is lost in the forest. Who helps guide him home?
5. Back in the bar after Madame Koto is doing so well and has many new men and women dancing to music, who asks Azaro to marry her?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)