|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Azaro's name is changed from what when he awakens from a coffin?
2. While the police officer's home is on fire, who knocks on the door to get Azaro?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His parents.
(d) Madame Koto.
3. What does Azaro view as a spirit box?
(a) The gramophone machine.
(b) The construction site work truck.
(c) The van.
(d) Madame Koto's cash register.
4. Why do the spirits floating in the crowds chase Azaro?
(a) Because he could see them.
(b) Because he tried to ignore them.
(c) Because he tried to get rid of them.
(d) Because was afraid of them.
5. As Azaro goes back to the bar he sees Madame Koto counting a large amount of money. When Koto sees him, she calls him what?
6. After escaping kidnappers by cutting a hole in the bag to get out, Azaro is lost in the forest. Who helps guide him home?
(a) A two-legged dog.
(b) His mother.
(c) A spirit child.
(d) The king.
7. After the celebration, when Azaro's father comes home from looking for a job, why does he get angry with Azaro's mother?
(a) Because she was ill.
(b) Because he didn't find a job.
(c) Because she went to bed without making supper.
(d) Because she didn't pay the creditors.
8. When Azaro is kidnapped during a fire and riot in his family's living compound, who tells him to run for his life?
(a) One of his kidnappers.
(b) A woman.
(c) Another little boy.
(d) A cat.
9. After escaping his abductors, Azaro awakens the next day and after getting home, what does his father do to him for being late and worrying them?
(a) Feeds him.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Yells at him.
(d) Beats him.
10. Who is born smiling?
(a) The babies.
(b) The boy.
(c) The king.
(d) The abiku.
11. Azaro's mother's screams awaken him and he finds what everywhere?
12. On what does Azaro see dripping blood?
(a) A dog's mouth.
(b) A stack of wood.
(c) A cut tree.
(d) A crazy man's leg.
13. Who runs naked in the rain?
(a) The children.
(b) Azaro's father.
(c) The photographer.
14. What does Azaro's father catch in the woods and take to their new home to roast in celebration of Azaro's return from being lost after the fire and riot at their old compound?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A fox.
(c) A wild boar.
(d) A bird.
15. A three-headed spirit walks into the bar and a voice reveals more of Azaro's powers to him. When the vice tells Azaro to close his eyes, he says that Azaro can do what?
(a) See nothing.
(b) Still see.
(d) Hear better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Azaro's father gets into arguments and fights with the prostitutes and a few men over what?
2. Azaro's family fears the other villagers are angry at them because someone had _________________.
3. Azaro wanders to a building where he is bathed and fed, and where he notices what on the walls?
4. In the spirit world, what is described as always hungry?
5. Who returns to Azaro's home where Azaro tells this person that their rat poison worked well?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)