|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After climbing the tree and putting on the mask again, what does Azaro see?
(c) A storm.
(d) A giant.
2. Waiting for the bar to open, Azaro takes a walk in the forest and notices the forest is what?
(a) On fire.
(b) Blocked off.
(c) Very quiet.
3. Who chases Azaro when he runs from the bar?
(a) His father and Madame Koto.
(b) Madame Koto and the women from the village.
(c) The spirits and Madame Koto.
(d) The landlord and his father.
4. Azaro's name is changed from what when he awakens from a coffin?
5. What does Azaro sacrifice after his father tells the story of the one who eats travelers?
(a) Dead rats.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A fox.
(d) A wild boar.
6. In the spirit world, what is described as always hungry?
(a) The road.
(b) The river.
(c) The king.
(d) The boy.
7. Who tells Azaro to follow him to the spirit world?
(a) The girl that kept blowing out the match.
(b) The king.
(c) The old man from the forest.
(d) The three-headed spirirt.
8. What happens to the garbage by the van?
(a) The children played with it.
(b) It was set on fire.
(c) The animals ate it.
(d) People pulled it away.
9. A blind man on the street sees Azaro and chases him to get what so he can see?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His hands.
(d) His power.
10. Who tells Azaro a story about white people coming to the land?
(a) Azaro's father.
(b) His friend.
(c) Azaro's mother.
(d) Madame Koto.
11. Who returns to Azaro's home where Azaro tells this person that their rat poison worked well?
(a) The photographer.
(b) Madame Koto.
(c) The landlord.
(d) The neighbor.
12. According to Azaro's father, who eats travelers that do not make sacrifices unto him?
(a) The King of the Road.
(b) The King.
(c) The Spirits.
(d) The village god.
13. On what does Azaro see dripping blood?
(a) A crazy man's leg.
(b) A stack of wood.
(c) A dog's mouth.
(d) A cut tree.
14. Why do the spirits floating in the crowds chase Azaro?
(a) Because he tried to get rid of them.
(b) Because he tried to ignore them.
(c) Because he could see them.
(d) Because was afraid of them.
15. Azaro's family fears the other villagers are angry at them because someone had _________________.
(a) Put out their cooking fire.
(b) Left an animal carcass at their door.
(c) Thrown a pot of oil through the only window.
(d) Water soaked all their fire wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Azaro wanders to a building where he is bathed and fed, and where he notices what on the walls?
2. When Azaro refuses to follow the requester into the spirit world, what is he told his spirit friends will send next for him?
3. Azaro's mother's screams awaken him and he finds what everywhere?
4. When Azaro sees the spirits multiply before his eyes back at the bar, what does he realize is drawing them to the bar?
5. After coming home drunk, Azaro's father finds what gone from the house, thanks to the creditors?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)