|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the spirit world, what is described as always hungry?
(a) The king.
(b) The road.
(c) The river.
(d) The boy.
2. Even though Azaro's father is working and his mother sells wares, what are they short of at home?
3. What happens to the garbage by the van?
(a) People pulled it away.
(b) The children played with it.
(c) It was set on fire.
(d) The animals ate it.
4. A blind man on the street sees Azaro and chases him to get what so he can see?
(a) His power.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His hands.
(d) His glasses.
5. Who returns from a hiding place in the swamp, badly beaten, and knocks on the door of Azaro's home?
(a) A construction worker.
(b) The landlord.
(c) The photographer.
(d) One of the thugs.
6. As the spirits call to Azaro on the street, he faints and is taken where?
(b) To the local doctor.
(c) To the home of a police officer.
(d) Nowhere; he was left on the street.
7. Azaro's name is changed from what when he awakens from a coffin?
8. The police officer's home has several spirits and even more come; then, during a huge storm the house catches on fire from what?
(a) A dropped match.
(b) Thrown torch from upset rioters.
(c) Cooking fire embers.
9. Azaro's mother's screams awaken him and he finds what everywhere?
10. Whom does Azaro eavesdrop on at the bar?
(a) Tax collectors.
(c) The women.
(d) Male customers.
11. Who does the white man send to chase and beat the children?
(a) Some of the villagers.
(b) Construction workers.
(c) The thugs.
(d) His sons.
12. Politicians in a van pass out what to the crowd?
(b) Powdered milk.
13. Why do the spirits floating in the crowds chase Azaro?
(a) Because was afraid of them.
(b) Because he tried to ignore them.
(c) Because he tried to get rid of them.
(d) Because he could see them.
14. When Azaro refuses to follow the requester into the spirit world, what is he told his spirit friends will send next for him?
(a) A four-headed spirit.
(b) A serpent.
(c) A giant.
(d) A dog.
15. Azaro's father comes to the bar after Azaro returns from the building where he is bathed and fed, and Azaro's father gets into an argument over politics with whom?
(a) His wife.
(b) The landlord.
(c) The prostitutes.
(d) Madame Koto.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a photographer takes a picture of the celebration, who curiously watches the camera?
2. As Azaro goes back to the bar he sees Madame Koto counting a large amount of money. When Koto sees him, she calls him what?
3. Azaro is kidnapped again, this time by two albinos and a woman. Where is he when they kidnap him?
4. Who promises to bring poison for the rats on the night Azaro sees himself fly over his parents and through the roof?
5. Who does Azaro start to visit less and less in Book 4?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)