Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Azaro's father argues with Madame Koto's new customers and challenges them to a fight outside, but they do what?
(a) Laughed at him.
(b) Left the bar.
(c) Ignored his challenge.
(d) Locked him out of the bar.
2. Where do many of Azaro's friends live that call him to the river?
(a) On the other side of the river.
(b) In his village.
(c) In a nearby village.
(d) In the spirit world.
3. Who runs naked in the rain?
(a) Azaro's father.
(b) The photographer.
(c) The children.
4. Azaro's family fears the other villagers are angry at them because someone had _________________.
(a) Put out their cooking fire.
(b) Left an animal carcass at their door.
(c) Water soaked all their fire wood.
(d) Thrown a pot of oil through the only window.
5. After climbing the tree and putting on the mask again, what does Azaro see?
(b) A storm.
(c) A giant.
6. The police officer and his wife have Azaro sit for dinner. Who is also at the table?
(a) Their neighbors.
(b) Their dead son.
(c) Their daughter.
(d) Their son.
7. After escaping his abductors, Azaro awakens the next day and after getting home, what does his father do to him for being late and worrying them?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Beats him.
(c) Feeds him.
(d) Yells at him.
8. When Azaro is kidnapped during a fire and riot in his family's living compound, who tells him to run for his life?
(a) A woman.
(b) One of his kidnappers.
(c) A cat.
(d) Another little boy.
9. Who displays a crude kind of local newspaper where Azaro sees his celebrated homecoming and the milk riots?
(a) The photographer.
(b) Madame Koto.
(c) The village crier.
(d) The local newspaper owner.
10. After the celebration, when Azaro's father comes home from looking for a job, why does he get angry with Azaro's mother?
(a) Because he didn't find a job.
(b) Because she was ill.
(c) Because she went to bed without making supper.
(d) Because she didn't pay the creditors.
11. On what does Azaro see dripping blood?
(a) A dog's mouth.
(b) A stack of wood.
(c) A crazy man's leg.
(d) A cut tree.
12. A three-headed spirit walks into the bar and a voice reveals more of Azaro's powers to him. When the vice tells Azaro to close his eyes, he says that Azaro can do what?
(b) Still see.
(c) Hear better.
(d) See nothing.
13. Who takes the weapon from Azaro's father after the men flee?
(a) The prostitutes.
(b) Madame Koto.
(d) The thugs.
14. Returning home from the bar, Azaro's mother shows him machete marks and __________ on their door.
(b) Cooking oil.
15. As Azaro goes back to the bar he sees Madame Koto counting a large amount of money. When Koto sees him, she calls him what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pays Azaro pennies for running errands?
2. Who returns to Azaro's home where Azaro tells this person that their rat poison worked well?
3. Who is born smiling?
4. A man told Azaro's family the landlord was raising the rent on only their family. Who does Azaro's father hatch a scheme to get money from?
5. Who returns from a hiding place in the swamp, badly beaten, and knocks on the door of Azaro's home?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)