|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A blind man on the street sees Azaro and chases him to get what so he can see?
(a) His power.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His hands.
2. What causes the already vengeful crowd to break into pandemonium?
(a) Dead body found.
(b) Wild boar running loose.
(c) A gunshot.
3. The police officer and his wife have Azaro sit for dinner. Who is also at the table?
(a) Their dead son.
(b) Their daughter.
(c) Their neighbors.
(d) Their son.
4. Whom does Azaro eavesdrop on at the bar?
(a) Male customers.
(b) Tax collectors.
(c) The women.
5. Waiting for the bar to open, Azaro takes a walk in the forest and notices the forest is what?
(a) Blocked off.
(b) Very quiet.
(d) On fire.
6. Who does Azaro start to visit less and less in Book 4?
(a) The landlord.
(b) His friends.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) The workers in the forest.
7. In the clearing, a tree grows over what Azaro buries in the forest. What does he bury?
(a) Madame Koto's fetish.
(b) The photgrapher's camera.
(c) His mother's wares.
(d) The dead rats.
8. After the thugs declare that they will bring Koto more business since she supported them, what do they promise to get her for the bar?
(a) More Palm Wine.
(b) Running Water.
(d) Better Lighting.
9. Azaro runs from the blind man to the construction site where he sees a pit open up and swallow workers and what man?
(a) A white man giving orders.
(b) One of his father's employers.
(c) The creditor that took their table.
(d) One of the thugs that harassed his mother.
10. At the end of Book 4, who curses Madame Koto?
(a) One of the thugs.
(b) Azaro's mother.
(c) Azaro's father.
11. Who brings palm wine when they arrive for the celebration?
(a) The police officer.
(b) Madame Koto.
(c) The landlord.
(d) Azaro's uncle.
12. After the celebration, many drunken men who were asleep on the floor had to be carried out, but the landlord awakened and demanded what?
(b) The rent.
(d) His hat.
13. On what does Azaro see dripping blood?
(a) A dog's mouth.
(b) A crazy man's leg.
(c) A cut tree.
(d) A stack of wood.
14. A man told Azaro's family the landlord was raising the rent on only their family. Who does Azaro's father hatch a scheme to get money from?
(a) An old friend.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) His current employer.
15. Azaro wanders to a building where he is bathed and fed, and where he notices what on the walls?
(a) Naked people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Azaro sacrifice after his father tells the story of the one who eats travelers?
2. After the celebration, when Azaro's father comes home from looking for a job, why does he get angry with Azaro's mother?
3. The day after cleaning the house from the celebration, with whom does Azaro go to sell wares?
4. Why do the spirits floating in the crowds chase Azaro?
5. According to Azaro's father, who eats travelers that do not make sacrifices unto him?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)