|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Koto asks for Azaro to come back to the bar he does, and Azaro notices a new ________ for the bar.
2. Through his mother's friends, what does Azaro learn about the women now working in Madame Koto's bar?
(a) They are outcasts and need work.
(b) They are prostitutes.
(c) They are widows.
(d) They are unmarried maidens.
3. The man Azaro helps out the back door and away from the thugs chasing him is caught by them and taken where?
(a) Into the bathroom.
(b) Away in a car.
(c) Into the woods.
(d) Behind the bar.
4. When Azaro wanders further into the city, who does he see carrying bags of salt?
(a) His father.
(b) The thugs.
(c) The landlord.
(d) His uncle.
5. Who displays a crude kind of local newspaper where Azaro sees his celebrated homecoming and the milk riots?
(a) The local newspaper owner.
(b) The village crier.
(c) The photographer.
(d) Madame Koto.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do many of Azaro's friends live that call him to the river?
2. Whom does Azaro eavesdrop on at the bar?
3. Why do the spirits floating in the crowds chase Azaro?
4. While the police officer's home is on fire, who knocks on the door to get Azaro?
5. Who tells Azaro a story about white people coming to the land?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)