|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the bar that Azaro's father takes him to for a drink?
(a) It is not stated who owns the bar.
(b) Azaro's grandfather.
(c) The police officer.
(d) Madame Koto.
2. Who is born smiling?
(a) The babies.
(b) The boy.
(c) The king.
(d) The abiku.
3. After the celebration, when Azaro's father comes home from looking for a job, why does he get angry with Azaro's mother?
(a) Because she went to bed without making supper.
(b) Because she was ill.
(c) Because she didn't pay the creditors.
(d) Because he didn't find a job.
4. When Azaro is kidnapped during a fire and riot in his family's living compound, who tells him to run for his life?
(a) A cat.
(b) A woman.
(c) Another little boy.
(d) One of his kidnappers.
5. Who believes Azaro to be good luck?
(a) Azaro's mother.
(b) The landlord.
(c) Madame Koto.
(d) Azaro's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the police officer's home is on fire, who knocks on the door to get Azaro?
2. Waiting for the bar to open, Azaro takes a walk in the forest and notices the forest is what?
3. When Azaro wanders further into the city, who does he see carrying bags of salt?
4. Who does Azaro warn about the three men in glasses coming to beat him up?
5. Who displays a crude kind of local newspaper where Azaro sees his celebrated homecoming and the milk riots?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)