|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Azaro's father is working and his mother sells wares, what are they short of at home?
2. Which creditor forgives Azaro's father some of his debt?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) Madame Koto.
(c) The old landlord.
(d) The new landlord.
3. Who does Azaro warn about the three men in glasses coming to beat him up?
(a) Madame Koto.
(b) The photographer.
(c) His father.
(d) The landlord.
4. After the celebration, when Azaro's father comes home from looking for a job, why does he get angry with Azaro's mother?
(a) Because he didn't find a job.
(b) Because she was ill.
(c) Because she didn't pay the creditors.
(d) Because she went to bed without making supper.
5. Why do the spirits floating in the crowds chase Azaro?
(a) Because he tried to ignore them.
(b) Because he could see them.
(c) Because was afraid of them.
(d) Because he tried to get rid of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants the people beaten after the fire in the compound?
2. After the celebration, many drunken men who were asleep on the floor had to be carried out, but the landlord awakened and demanded what?
3. Who brings palm wine when they arrive for the celebration?
4. As the spirits call to Azaro on the street, he faints and is taken where?
5. Who do most of the spirits leave with after the celebration?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)