|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which creditor forgives Azaro's father some of his debt?
(a) Madame Koto.
(b) The old landlord.
(c) The new landlord.
(d) His neighbor.
2. Politicians in a van pass out what to the crowd?
(a) Powdered milk.
3. How long does Book 5 say it rains?
(a) Three days.
(b) A month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Several weeks.
4. Through his mother's friends, what does Azaro learn about the women now working in Madame Koto's bar?
(a) They are widows.
(b) They are prostitutes.
(c) They are outcasts and need work.
(d) They are unmarried maidens.
5. Sitting in Madame Koto's bar, Azaro swats flies from his __________.
(d) Palm wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Azaro view as a spirit box?
2. A man told Azaro's family the landlord was raising the rent on only their family. Who does Azaro's father hatch a scheme to get money from?
3. Upon his return to the bar, Azaro finds more updates and new customers, including this man who yells at Azaro and who Madame Koto refers to as a chief.
4. Who tells Azaro a story about white people coming to the land?
5. After the celebration, many drunken men who were asleep on the floor had to be carried out, but the landlord awakened and demanded what?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)