|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through his mother's friends, what does Azaro learn about the women now working in Madame Koto's bar?
(a) They are outcasts and need work.
(b) They are prostitutes.
(c) They are widows.
(d) They are unmarried maidens.
2. When Azaro wanders further into the city, who does he see carrying bags of salt?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) The thugs.
(d) The landlord.
3. Who owns the betting shop?
(a) The landlord.
(b) Madame Koto.
(c) Ade's father.
4. Sitting in Madame Koto's bar, Azaro swats flies from his __________.
(d) Palm wine.
5. Sitting in a tree, Azaro has a great view of not only the blind man's home, but also __________.
(a) The photographer's studio.
(b) Madame Koto's bar.
(c) His home.
(d) The landlord's home
Short Answer Questions
1. Azaro's father uses his money to buy books and to throw a party where the crowd gets rowdy and, according to Azaro _________ leaks onto the road.
2. Politicians in a van pass out what to the crowd?
3. What do the eyes watch besides Azaro's father when he shadowboxes outside at night?
4. Who chases Azaro when he runs from the bar?
5. Who says poverty is driving this person mad?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)