1. What is the narrator doing at the opening of the story?
Riding on horseback
2. How does the narrator describe the House of Usher?
3. How does the narrator feel when he gained his first glimpse of the House of Usher?
4. What does the narrator say the windows of the House of Usher are like?
5. What are the trees like that are in the yard?
6. What color are the tree trunks?
7. To what does the narrator compare his depression of the soul?
A post-opiate after-dream
This section contains 5,332 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)