|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Usher offer as an example of his belief about plants?
(a) The grasses in the meadows
(b) The wild flowers
(c) The caterpillar's preference for plants
(d) The fungus on the walls of the house
2. What does the narrator say Roderick Usher painted?
(c) Still life
3. How does the narrator respond to Usher coming into the narrator's apartment?
(a) The narrator is uncomfortable but also any company is a relief
(b) The narrator is glad to know it is not Usher who his moaning
(c) The narrator is unhappy
(d) The narrator orders Usher to leave
4. Where is the ruler in the early part of the song the narrator records?
(a) On his throne
(b) There is no ruler
(c) On his chariot
(d) Drowned in a river
5. What does Usher admit in a lucid moment concerning his gloomy outlook?
(a) It is probably because of his sister's absence for the past several months
(b) It is probably because he has not gone anywhere for a while
(c) It is probably due to his severe and long-standing illness
(d) It is probably due to the extreme overcast weather of late
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of the lighting in the painting the narrator describes?
2. What is one thing the narrator say Usher suffers from intensely?
3. What happens to the narrator as he lies in bed the eighth night after Madeline's death?
4. What is the "Ververt et Chartreuse"?
5. What does Usher say about the similarity between he and his sister's appearance?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)