|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the ruler in the early part of the song the narrator records?
(a) On his throne
(b) There is no ruler
(c) Drowned in a river
(d) On his chariot
2. What does the hero of Trist believe himself to be?
(a) The slayer of the serpent
(b) The new guardian of the hermitage
(c) The champion of the brazen shield
(d) The defender of the weak
3. What does Usher think the sounds in the house are?
(a) The devil's minions
(b) His sister breaking loose from her coffin
(c) The acting out of the storm's fury
(d) All his ancestors coming alive
4. Who wrote the book that the narrator picks up to soothe Usher?
5. What does Usher hope to gain from the narrator?
(a) An agreement to marry Usher's sister
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the narrator use to describe the hours he spends with Usher?
2. How does the narrator know Usher is not asleep?
3. For what place does the narrator say the atmosphere of the House of Usher has no affinity?
4. What is the expression on the face of the person the narrator encounters on the staircase?
5. What does Usher fear about Madeline?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)