|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What music does Usher prefer?
(a) Stringed instruments
(b) The flute
(d) The harpsichord
2. In what was much of the vault beneath the narrator's apartments sheathed?
3. Who wrote the book that the narrator picks up to soothe Usher?
4. What does the narrator note about the mansion's walls?
(a) They have recently been repaired
(b) Some walls are crumbling and some are not
(c) The walls are covered in pictographs
(d) The walls are pitted by deer shot
5. How does Usher react to bright light?
(a) He likes it to play with his crystals
(b) His eyes are tortured by it
(c) He hates it because he can see himself in the mirror
(d) He likes it for painting
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the duty of the Echoes in the song?
2. What does the narrator perceive under the mass of cloud vapors?
3. What else had prepared the narrator for Usher's appearance?
4. How does the narrator feel when he gained his first glimpse of the House of Usher?
5. What sort of activities do Usher and the narrator do together over the next few days?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)