|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Usher say about his relationship with his sister?
(a) They fought terribly as children but were closer as adults
(b) It is somewhat distant
(c) They were close as young children and then drifted apart
(d) They have always been extremely close
2. From where does Usher think he got his malady?
(a) A friend who Usher nursed
(b) A family evil
(c) A bog on the far reaches of the estate
(d) His last trip to India
3. The throngs in the song laugh, but what do they not do anymore?
4. What does the narrator say is inaccessible in the room to which he is shown?
(a) The high bed
(b) The books on the upper bookcases
(c) The windows
(d) The paintings of former generations of the Usher family
5. How is Usher's skin described?
(a) A ghastly pallor
(d) An upper-class paleness
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Usher fear about Madeline?
2. What does the narrator say the windows of the House of Usher are like?
3. What does the narrator believe is odd about Usher's hair?
4. How does the narrator respond to Usher coming into the narrator's apartment?
5. How does Usher announce Madeline's death?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)