|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Usher die?
(a) He dies of fright
(b) His sister kills him with a knife
(c) The narrator kills him by accident
(d) He jumps out of the window
2. What type of energy does the narrator believe Usher's chin shows?
3. What is the setting of the picture the narrator describes?
(a) On top of a mountain
(b) In the sky
(c) In the depths of the earth
(d) On another planet
4. What is the "Ververt et Chartreuse"?
(a) A region in France
(b) A book ostensibly by Gresset
(c) A painting by Monet
(d) A poem by Machiavelli
5. What is the weather like that night?
(a) A full moon and no stars
(b) Mild and clear
(c) A steady drizzle with no wind
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator offer to read to Usher?
2. How often is it likely that the narrator will see Madeline in the future?
3. What does the hero of Trist find instead of the hermit?
4. What passages in the Pomponius Mela was interesting to the Usher?
5. How does the narrator explain what the two men witnessed when looking out the window?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)