|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator describe Usher as seeming to pour forth as if it were "an inherent positive quality"?
(a) His fascination with his sister's illness.
(b) The story of his parents' individual deaths
(c) Darkness from Usher's mind
(d) Gossip about their fellow students.
2. How does the narrator describe the clouds?
(a) Thin and wispy
(b) Dense and low
(c) Stacked to the heavens
(d) There were no clouds in sight
3. What is the title of the verses Usher composes that the narrator pens in the story?
(a) The Tin Palace
(b) The Haunted Palace
(c) The Miniature Mind
(d) The Thirty Years of Death
4. What does the narrator say has occurred nearby?
(a) The stable's roof has blown off
(b) A lighting strike on a tree
(c) A fire has started in the tarn
(d) A whirlwind has collected its force
5. What is Usher carrying as he knocks on the narrator's door?
(a) A book
(b) A Bible
(c) A lantern
(d) A sword
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing the narrator says Roderick Usher writes about to him?
2. What does the narrator say is paradoxical about emotions based upon terror?
3. What does Usher as the narrator after a few moments of staring into space?
4. What bewilders the narrator as he listens to Usher speak of his problem?
5. What spreads over the entire exterior of the mansion?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)