|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what does the narrator blame what happens the eighth night after Madeline's death?
(a) The gloomy room furnishings
(b) The lack of Usher's faith
(c) Too much wine for dinner
(d) The vision of Madeline as they looked at her in the coffin
2. What is the title of the verses Usher composes that the narrator pens in the story?
(a) The Miniature Mind
(b) The Thirty Years of Death
(c) The Tin Palace
(d) The Haunted Palace
3. About what does the narrator say Usher had always been excessive and habitual?
(d) Laxness in moral character
4. What color is the light coming through the windows?
(a) Bright blue
(b) Dark green
(d) Rainbow colored
5. What does the narrator say the windows of the House of Usher are like?
(a) Ship portals
Short Answer Questions
1. What superstitious impression chains Usher?
2. What about Lady Madeline had baffled her physicians?
3. What is the weather like that night?
4. At what point in an opium user's habit does Usher sometimes resemble?
5. What does the narrator say about Usher's countenance after Madeline dies?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)