|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Usher offer as an example of his belief about plants?
(a) The wild flowers
(b) The fungus on the walls of the house
(c) The grasses in the meadows
(d) The caterpillar's preference for plants
2. What does the narrator doubt when he studies over Usher's countenance?
(a) That Usher wants rescuing
(b) That it is Usher at whom he is looking
(c) That Usher is among the living
(d) That Usher has ever been out of the house since arriving home several years ago
3. How does the narrator describe the atmosphere of the room?
4. What happens to the trophies of armor when the narrator walks past them?
(a) They light up
(c) They rattle
(d) They bow
5. For what had the vault beneath the narrator's apartments once been used in feudal times?
(a) Storing scrolls
(b) Storing food
(c) A bolt hole
(d) Torture and imprisonment
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the windows of the House of Usher are like?
2. Of what texture is Usher's hair?
3. How does Usher prefer his food to be?
4. What does the narrator describe Usher as seeming to pour forth as if it were "an inherent positive quality"?
5. What passages in the Pomponius Mela was interesting to the Usher?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)