|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the night?
(c) Beautiful though stern
2. How does the narrator feel when Usher's sister comes through the apartment where Usher and the narrator are?
3. Why does the door to the vault below the narrator's apartments make an unusually sharp, grating sound when it is opened?
(a) It has swelled and is too tight a fit in the frame
(b) It has metal bands that reinforce it and that scrape against the frame
(c) It is immensely heavy
(d) It is poorly oiled
4. At what point in an opium user's habit does Usher sometimes resemble?
(a) During the initial time of intense excitement just after the user has had some opium
(b) When the drug is almost wore off
(c) After the drug is worn off and the user has to eat some more
(d) During a time when trying to quit the habit and the user is shaking in delirious confusion
5. For what temperament does the narrator say the Usher family is known?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the narrator first conducted when he enters the house of Usher?
2. Who does the narrator meet on one of the staircases?
3. How does the narrator feel about how he is greeted?
4. What does the narrator say about Usher after they had placed Madeline's coffin in the vault below the narrator's apartments?
5. What does the narrator say is "cadaverously wan"?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)