|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Usher's ideality?
2. What does the narrator say is paradoxical about emotions based upon terror?
(a) They are born of the feelings of goodness
(b) They are increased upon the contemplation of said emotions
(c) They seldom are without a humorous side
(d) They are decreased when one chooses to use terror himself
3. What painter does the narrator say paints in too concrete details?
4. What does the narrator say is "cadaverously wan"?
(a) The glow of the lantern
(b) The light outside the window
(c) Usher's countenance
(d) The face of the servant that comes in behind Usher
5. What does Lady Madeline do the same evening as the arrival of the narrator?
(a) Paint a dark, bleak picture of the house of Usher
(b) Leave to go visit a cousin
(c) Go out for a ride and not return
(d) Take to her bed and not get up
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Usher as the narrator after a few moments of staring into space?
2. What does the narrator say the windows of the House of Usher are like?
3. What about the facade of the mansion seems contradictory?
4. What word does the narrator use to describe the hours he spends with Usher?
5. What does Roderick Usher hope will happen through a visit by the narrator?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)