|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what place does the narrator say the atmosphere of the House of Usher has no affinity?
2. Between what two poles does Usher's actions alternate?
(a) Begging and condescension
(b) Kindness and cruelty
(c) Vivaciousness and sullenness
(d) Childish delight and scorn
3. Who does Usher say is dying?
(a) His brother
(b) His mother
(c) His cousin
(d) His sister
4. What does the narrator say is inaccessible in the room to which he is shown?
(a) The paintings of former generations of the Usher family
(b) The windows
(c) The high bed
(d) The books on the upper bookcases
5. What feelings arise in the narrator while first gazing upon Usher?
(b) Bitterness and curiosity
(d) Pity and awe
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Usher done as the narrator is reading to him?
2. How does Usher prefer his food to be?
3. How does the narrator describe the small pond near the house?
4. What color does the narrator say are the floors in the house of Usher?
5. What does Usher believe will happen concerning his illness?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)