|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator describe Usher as seeming to pour forth as if it were "an inherent positive quality"?
(a) His fascination with his sister's illness.
(b) The story of his parents' individual deaths
(c) Darkness from Usher's mind
(d) Gossip about their fellow students.
2. How does Usher prefer his food to be?
(a) Boiling hot
(b) Cool almost to the point of being cold
(c) Very spicy since he has little ability to taste
(d) Very mild
3. How does Usher announce Madeline's death?
(b) He sings her a dirge
(c) He does not announce it; he lets the narrator learn of it when the narrator goes to visit Madeline
(d) He has the physician tell the narrator
4. What does the narrator say is inaccessible in the room to which he is shown?
(a) The high bed
(b) The windows
(c) The paintings of former generations of the Usher family
(d) The books on the upper bookcases
5. What does the narrator say has changed in Usher in a short period of time?
(a) Usher's desire to accomplish great things
(b) Usher's feelings of confidence
(c) Usher's financial situation
(d) Usher's appearance
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing the narrator says Roderick Usher writes about to him?
2. What does Usher say about his relationship with his sister?
3. What does the narrator believe is odd about Usher's hair?
4. What had Usher done as the narrator is reading to him?
5. What infects the narrator?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)