|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the archway that leads into the hall?
(a) It was of Gothic architecture
(b) It had slimy vines hanging from it
(c) It was newly repaired
(d) There was no archway
2. The throngs in the song laugh, but what do they not do anymore?
3. What does Roderick Usher hope will happen through a visit by the narrator?
(a) The narrator will convince the judge of the unjustness of the legal situation
(b) The narrator will endeavor to convince Usher's uncle of Usher's competence
(c) The narrator will fall in love with Usher's sister
(d) The narrator will cheer up Usher
4. What is the narrator later unable to convey about the time he spent with Usher?
(a) Exactly what the two did during the time
(b) The ways Madeline continually impinged upon their time
(c) The sorrow at failing to cheer his friend
(d) The horror at being trapped with a madman
5. What is one word the author uses to describe the furniture?
(a) Well maintained
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the hero finally get into the dwelling?
2. What happens to the narrator as he lies in bed the eighth night after Madeline's death?
3. How often is it likely that the narrator will see Madeline in the future?
4. What does the narrator say about Vigiliæ Mortuorum Secundum Chorum Ecclesiæ Maguntinæ?
5. What is one way the narrator said he had been prepared for Usher's present state?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)