|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Usher say about the similarity between he and his sister's appearance?
(a) Their mother's genes were particularly strong in both of them
(b) Their father's genes were particularly strong in both of them
(c) They are twins
(d) Their parents were first cousins, so family resemblance is strong
2. What does Usher believe about plants?
(a) They are insidious
(b) They have no value
(c) They are the only thing one should eat
(d) They are sentient
3. Who first occupies the place the lyrics describe?
(b) Beasts of the field
4. How does Usher prefer his food to be?
(a) Very mild
(b) Very spicy since he has little ability to taste
(c) Cool almost to the point of being cold
(d) Boiling hot
5. What emotion does the narrator say is rapidly increasing as he sits aside his horse and surveys the surroundings?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say Usher's voice changes after Madeline dies?
2. How does the narrator respond to Usher coming into the narrator's apartment?
3. How does the narrator describe the atmosphere of the room?
4. Who does the narrator meet on one of the staircases?
5. What startles the narrator as he reads one part of Trist?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)