|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else had prepared the narrator for Usher's appearance?
(a) Remembering certain things about Usher as a child
(b) By knowing what had happened to Usher's father
(c) A letter penned by Usher's sister
(d) Remembering a prophesy by a gypsy woman
2. What does the narrator note about the mansion's walls?
(a) The walls are covered in pictographs
(b) They have recently been repaired
(c) The walls are pitted by deer shot
(d) Some walls are crumbling and some are not
3. What does Usher say about his relationship with his sister?
(a) They were close as young children and then drifted apart
(b) It is somewhat distant
(c) They have always been extremely close
(d) They fought terribly as children but were closer as adults
4. Who leads the narrator through the house?
(a) The narrator's friend's sister
(b) No one; he goes himself
(c) The cook
(d) The valet
5. What painter does the narrator say paints in too concrete details?
Short Answer Questions
1. What superstitious impression chains Usher?
2. How does Usher prefer his food to be?
3. Into whose dwelling is the hero of Trist trying to enter?
4. To what does the narrator compare his depression of the soul?
5. What sort of activities do Usher and the narrator do together over the next few days?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)