|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what do the clouds press according to the narrator?
(a) His own fears
(b) The turrets of the house
(c) The gates of hell
(d) The bog and tarn
2. What does the narrator say is "cadaverously wan"?
(a) The glow of the lantern
(b) Usher's countenance
(c) The face of the servant that comes in behind Usher
(d) The light outside the window
3. How does the narrator respond to Usher coming into the narrator's apartment?
(a) The narrator is uncomfortable but also any company is a relief
(b) The narrator is unhappy
(c) The narrator orders Usher to leave
(d) The narrator is glad to know it is not Usher who his moaning
4. What subject does not come up between the narrator and Usher during the next several days?
(a) Any mention of Usher's illness
(b) The way Usher wronged the narrator at school
(c) The Lady Madeline
(d) The way the narrator wronged Usher at school
5. What does the narrator perceive under the mass of cloud vapors?
(a) A rainbow
(b) Faces of demons
(c) An unnatural glow
(d) Flying objects
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say may have originated in the tarn?
2. What is the narrator doing at the opening of the story?
3. What does the narrator say overtakes him as he watches Lady Madeline leave?
4. What color is the light coming through the windows?
5. What does Usher offer as an example of his belief about plants?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)