|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator describe Usher as seeming to pour forth as if it were "an inherent positive quality"?
(a) Darkness from Usher's mind
(b) The story of his parents' individual deaths
(c) Gossip about their fellow students.
(d) His fascination with his sister's illness.
2. What does the narrator say about Usher's countenance after Madeline dies?
(a) It is florid
(b) It is more pallid than ever
(c) It starts showing a little more color
(d) It is terribly sorrowful
3. How does Usher announce Madeline's death?
(b) He sings her a dirge
(c) He has the physician tell the narrator
(d) He does not announce it; he lets the narrator learn of it when the narrator goes to visit Madeline
4. What is the narrator's response to the sounds?
(a) He gets up and gets dressed
(b) He laughs
(c) He decides to leave the next morning
(d) He prays for guidance
5. How does Usher react to bright light?
(a) He likes it for painting
(b) His eyes are tortured by it
(c) He likes it to play with his crystals
(d) He hates it because he can see himself in the mirror
Short Answer Questions
1. For what place does the narrator say the atmosphere of the House of Usher has no affinity?
2. What does the hero of Trist believe himself to be?
3. What does the narrator help Usher carry?
4. What deficiency does the narrator note about the Usher family ancestry?
5. Into whose dwelling is the hero of Trist trying to enter?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)