|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Usher's skin described?
(b) An upper-class paleness
(d) A ghastly pallor
2. What does the narrator say he could not remake into something better?
(a) The reason he has come to the House of Usher
(b) His idea of his future employment
(c) The prospects of no work
(d) The cast of gloom coming from the House of Usher
3. What is the title of the verses Usher composes that the narrator pens in the story?
(a) The Haunted Palace
(b) The Miniature Mind
(c) The Thirty Years of Death
(d) The Tin Palace
4. What does Usher fear about Madeline?
(a) That she was attacked by demons
(b) That she was terrified at the moment of her death
(c) That she hated Usher
(d) That she was still alive when put in her coffin
5. What is the setting of the picture the narrator describes?
(a) In the depths of the earth
(b) On top of a mountain
(c) On another planet
(d) In the sky
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing the narrator say Usher suffers from intensely?
2. What does Roderick Usher hope will happen through a visit by the narrator?
3. How does Usher announce Madeline's death?
4. From where does Usher think he got his malady?
5. What does the narrator have to ride over to approach near the house?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)