|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two aspects of the Usher family does the narrator say the peasantry links together?
(a) Their madness and generosity
(b) Their name and their behavior
(c) Their intellect and their eccentricities
(d) Their family name and the family mansion
2. How many enduring branches can be found on the Usher family tree?
(b) Enough for respecibility
(c) About average for a prestigious line
(d) No insignificant number
3. What does the narrator say is dangerous to Usher?
(a) Dwelling too long on Madeline
(b) Standing in the rain
(c) Trying to understand the eerie atmosphere outside
(d) The outside air
4. How does the narrator know Usher is not asleep?
(a) Usher is mumbling to himself
(b) Usher is humming
(c) Usher's eyes are wide open
(d) Usher is pacing even though his eyes are closed
5. How does Usher react to bright light?
(a) His eyes are tortured by it
(b) He likes it for painting
(c) He likes it to play with his crystals
(d) He hates it because he can see himself in the mirror
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Usher do when Madeline passes through the apartment?
2. What does the narrator say Usher must not do?
3. How does the narrator describe the House of Usher?
4. After glancing at Usher, what does the narrator believe about the way in which Usher welcomes him?
5. What does the hero of Trist find instead of the hermit?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)