|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Usher fear about Madeline?
(a) That she hated Usher
(b) That she was terrified at the moment of her death
(c) That she was still alive when put in her coffin
(d) That she was attacked by demons
2. What music does Usher prefer?
(a) The flute
(b) The harpsichord
(c) Stringed instruments
3. What happens to the narrator as he lies in bed the eighth night after Madeline's death?
(a) A blanket of utter terror falls upon his heart
(b) He prays and sees a light from the heavens
(c) He imagines his mother calling him
(d) He is assaulted by one of the serving lads
4. In what were the evil things that assailed the monarch's "high estate" dressed?
(a) Robes of crimson death
(b) They were naked
(c) Robes of sorrow
(d) Robes of white and gold
5. What startles the narrator as he reads one part of Trist?
(a) Usher begins hyperventilating
(b) The narrator imagines he hears the same sounds in Usher's house
(c) The words start being blurry
(d) The words seem to be moving across the page
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Usher announce Madeline's death?
2. Who is the hero of Trist?
3. What does the narrator say is dangerous to Usher?
4. How does the narrator describe the atmosphere of the room?
5. How does the hero finally get into the dwelling?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)