|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator feel when Usher's sister comes through the apartment where Usher and the narrator are?
2. What does Usher try to overcome in the presence of the narrator according to the narrator?
(a) Usher's nervous agitation
(b) The rancor the two men felt when they last parted
(c) The sorrow Usher felt when the narrator's sister rejected his marriage proposal
(d) The resentment Usher had always held toward the narrator for the narrator's superior mind
3. What is the setting of the picture the narrator describes?
(a) In the sky
(b) In the depths of the earth
(c) On another planet
(d) On top of a mountain
4. What does the narrator say about the archway that leads into the hall?
(a) There was no archway
(b) It had slimy vines hanging from it
(c) It was of Gothic architecture
(d) It was newly repaired
5. In what was much of the vault beneath the narrator's apartments sheathed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often is it likely that the narrator will see Madeline in the future?
2. What does the narrator say has occurred nearby?
3. What does the narrator help Usher carry?
4. What does Usher offer as an example of his belief about plants?
5. How does the narrator know Usher is not asleep?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)