|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator help Usher carry?
(a) Madeline's coffin
(b) Usher's deerhound's body
(c) Stacks of books to a vault in the basement
(d) All the musical instruments that Usher decides to burn
2. For what is the light coming through the windows of the room sufficient?
(a) To observe the gaunt frame of the master of the house
(b) To avoid tripping over the furniture
(c) To read or sew by
(d) To distinguish many of the objects in the room
3. What effect does Usher think plants have had upon his life?
(a) They have kept him alive long after he should be dead
(b) They have made him what he is now
(c) They have whispered insane arguments to him and caused him anxiety
(d) They have kept him tied to the manor
4. What sort of activities do Usher and the narrator do together over the next few days?
(a) Fencing and fox hunting
(b) Playing the harpsichord and singing
(c) Painting and reading
(d) Wild boar hunting
5. What is the "Ververt et Chartreuse"?
(a) A region in France
(b) A book ostensibly by Gresset
(c) A poem by Machiavelli
(d) A painting by Monet
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Usher must not do?
2. What does Usher try to overcome in the presence of the narrator according to the narrator?
3. How does Usher greet the narrator?
4. What does Usher fear about Madeline?
5. What does the narrator say Roderick Usher painted?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)