|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator say Usher's voice changes after Madeline dies?
(a) It is even more husky than it used to be
(b) It has a lilt to it
(c) It assumes a tremulous quaver
(d) He never speaks above a whisper
2. What is the narrator doing at the opening of the story?
(a) Riding on horseback
(b) Writing a letter to his son
(d) Fighting in a duel
3. For what is the light coming through the windows of the room sufficient?
(a) To avoid tripping over the furniture
(b) To observe the gaunt frame of the master of the house
(c) To distinguish many of the objects in the room
(d) To read or sew by
4. What color does the narrator say are the floors in the house of Usher?
(b) White terrazzo
(c) Light oak
(d) Red carpet
5. Who leads the narrator through the house?
(a) The valet
(b) The narrator's friend's sister
(c) No one; he goes himself
(d) The cook
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say he often finds Usher doing?
2. How does the narrator describe the window panes?
3. To what does the narrator say Usher seems to be listening?
4. What feelings arise in the narrator while first gazing upon Usher?
5. What is the weather like that night?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)