|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator feel when Usher's sister comes through the apartment where Usher and the narrator are?
2. What is the title of the verses Usher composes that the narrator pens in the story?
(a) The Miniature Mind
(b) The Thirty Years of Death
(c) The Haunted Palace
(d) The Tin Palace
3. About what does the narrator say Usher had always been excessive and habitual?
(a) Laxness in moral character
4. What does Usher hope to gain from the narrator?
(c) An agreement to marry Usher's sister
5. How does the narrator describe the clouds?
(a) Dense and low
(b) Stacked to the heavens
(c) There were no clouds in sight
(d) Thin and wispy
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Usher think his sister will upbraid him?
2. What does the narrator say is paradoxical about emotions based upon terror?
3. How does the narrator say Usher's voice changes after Madeline dies?
4. How does Usher announce Madeline's death?
5. What does the narrator say is "cadaverously wan"?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)