|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of the House of Usher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the trees like that are in the yard?
(d) Heavily leafed
2. What does the narrator say has changed in Usher in a short period of time?
(a) Usher's feelings of confidence
(b) Usher's financial situation
(c) Usher's desire to accomplish great things
(d) Usher's appearance
3. What music does Usher prefer?
(a) The harpsichord
(b) The flute
(d) Stringed instruments
4. What infects the narrator?
(a) Usher's joy that his sister is free
(b) A cut the narrator receives in the bog
(c) Usher's excitement at being free to leave the estate
(d) Usher's condition
5. What word does the narrator use to describe the tapestries?
(b) Intricately woven
(d) Richly colored
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Usher's overall countenance?
2. Who wrote the book that the narrator picks up to soothe Usher?
3. What had Usher done as the narrator is reading to him?
4. What is the narrator later unable to convey about the time he spent with Usher?
5. What happens to the narrator as he lies in bed the eighth night after Madeline's death?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)