The Fall of the House of Usher
1. What is the narrator doing at the opening of the story?
(a) Fighting in a duel
(b) Writing a letter to his son
(c) Riding on horseback
2. How does the narrator describe the House of Usher?
3. How does the narrator feel when he gained his first glimpse of the House of Usher?
4. What does the narrator say the windows of the House of Usher are like?
(c) Ship portals
5. What are the trees like that are in the yard?
(a) Heavily leafed
6. What color are the tree trunks?
7. To what does the narrator compare his depression of the soul?
(a) The time when his oldest child died
(b) A post-opiate after-dream
(c) The time when his wife died
(d) The time he learned he had to leave his home that he loved
This section contains 5,332 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)