|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Colonel Phelps?
2. Who shares a building with SpecOps?
3. What advice is Thursday given by the person who appears in her hospital room?
4. How long has it been since Thursday was last home?
5. Where does Thursday meet Victor and Bowden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thursday learn from Rochester in her dream?
2. Explain Thursday's relationship with Landon Park-Laine.
3. Explain the debate about Sir Francis Bacon and Shakespeare's plays.
4. Who is Colonel Phelps, and why is he headed to Swindon?
5. Who is Pickwick, and what is his relationship with Thursday?
6. Why does Acheron Hades threaten to burn a copy of "I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud" in order to get Uncle Mycroft to cooperate?
7. Explain Thursday's relationship with Acheron Hades.
8. What is the Goliath Corporation?
9. Why does Buckett leave the stakeout?
10. Why did Spike need help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is tone? What is the overall tone of The Eyre Affair? How do you know? Use specific examples from the story to support your claim. Does the tone of The Eyre Affair change throughout the story? If so, give an example.
Essay Topic 2
What is alternative history? Compare and contrast the 1985 England of reality and the 1985 England of The Eyre Affair.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of literature in the society of The Eyre Affair. Use specific examples from the story to show this role.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)