|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the poem Mycroft wants to send Polly into?
2. What advice is Thursday given by the person who appears in her hospital room?
3. When Thursday goes into the SpecOps building, who is the desk sergeant talking to about a crime?
4. When was the last time Thursday went out with the person she meets at the play?
5. Why is Acheron Hades's name never spoken aloud?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Snood, and what is his relationship to Thursday?
2. Who is Mr. Quaverly?
3. What is a Will-Speak machine?
4. Why does Thursday's mother want her to call Landon Park-Laine?
5. Explain Thursday's relationship with Acheron Hades.
6. After Thursday's report, Flanker tells her that Acheron is dead. How did he die?
7. Why does Acheron Hades threaten to burn a copy of "I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud" in order to get Uncle Mycroft to cooperate?
8. What was Spike doing when he called for help?
9. Why did Spike need help?
10. How does Thursday feel about returning to her mother's home? How do you know?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name the parts of a story structure, or story arc. Create the story structure of The Eyre Affair using the major plot points from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the Crimean War. What is/was Thursday's involvement in it? How does she feel about it? How is the Crimean War related to the story of The Eyre Affair?
Essay Topic 3
List the known divisions of SpecOps and explain what each of them does.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)