|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is fighting in the Crimean War?
2. Who shows Thursday around the office and introduces her to everyone?
3. Who is instructed to kill the character taken out of their story by the Prose Portal?
4. What story is going to be opened by the Prose Portal?
5. Who is Victor Analogy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Thursday's relationship with Acheron Hades.
2. What was Spike doing when he called for help?
3. Explain the debate about Sir Francis Bacon and Shakespeare's plays.
4. What is a Will-Speak machine?
5. Explain what happened at the stakeout after Buckett left.
6. Why did Spike need help?
7. Why does Thursday's mother want her to call Landon Park-Laine?
8. Describe the LiteraTecs' office in Swindon.
9. Explain Thursday's relationship with Landon Park-Laine.
10. What is the large book in Mycroft's workshop, and what does it do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the main conflict in the story. Is it resolved by the end of the story? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
What is the Prose Portal? Explain its significance in The Eyre Affair. Be specific.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of literature in the society of The Eyre Affair. Use specific examples from the story to show this role.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)