|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Thursday at the piano in the hotel bar?
2. Where is Spike when he calls for help?
3. Why is Acheron Hades's name never spoken aloud?
4. Thursday hears a news report on a protest in Chichester. What causes it?
5. To what does Thursday compare the Swindon LiteraTec office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is SpecOps? Explain the division of SpecOps that Thursday works for.
2. Why does Buckett leave the stakeout?
3. Who is Felix7?
4. When Thursday goes to Haworth House with Uncle Mycroft and Aunt Polly as a child, a tourist complains about the ending of Jane Eyre. According to the tourist, what is the ending of the story, and why doesn't he like it?
5. Who is Mr. Quaverly?
6. Explain Thursday's relationship with Acheron Hades.
7. When the Martin Chuzzlewit manuscript is stolen, what two things does Thursday discover that are strange about the crime scene?
8. What does Thursday learn from Rochester in her dream?
9. Describe Thursday Next.
10. Who is Snood, and what is his relationship to Thursday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In The Eyre Affair, Mr. Briggs stops two weddings. Whose weddings does he stop? Compare and contrast each wedding.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of literature in the society of The Eyre Affair. Use specific examples from the story to show this role.
Essay Topic 3
Suspense is a technique used frequently in The Eyre Affair. Define suspense and give one specific example of suspense from the story. Is the author's use of suspense effective? Why or why not?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)