|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thursday returns to her hotel after helping Spike, what is waiting for her?
2. What company does Jack Schitt work for?
3. Who does Thursday lose in the Crimean War?
4. Who is Bowden Cable?
5. Who was Jim Crometty?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thursday feel about returning to her mother's home? How do you know?
2. Why did Spike need help?
3. Describe Thursday Next.
4. What is a Will-Speak machine?
5. What does Thursday learn from Rochester in her dream?
6. Who is Pickwick, and what is his relationship with Thursday?
7. Why does Buckett leave the stakeout?
8. What is unusual about the performance of Richard III that Thursday goes to with Landon?
9. Why does Acheron Hades use the Martin Chuzzlewit manuscript in the Prose Portal instead of a copy of the book?
10. Who is Snood, and what is his relationship to Thursday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is tone? What is the overall tone of The Eyre Affair? How do you know? Use specific examples from the story to support your claim. Does the tone of The Eyre Affair change throughout the story? If so, give an example.
Essay Topic 2
What is alternative history? Compare and contrast the 1985 England of reality and the 1985 England of The Eyre Affair.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Acheron Hades and Jack Schitt, and explain each character's relationship to Thursday Next.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)