|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Thursday was last home?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six months.
2. What do Thursday and Bowden want to know at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) The location of Thursday's Uncle Mycroft.
(b) The location of the Prose Portal.
(c) The location of Acheron Hades.
(d) The location of the Martin Chuzzlewit manuscript.
3. Why does Mycroft need a new assistant?
(a) His last assistant mysteriously vanished.
(b) His last assistant quit to work for another inventor.
(c) His last assistant was killed in an accident.
(d) His last assistant was fired for stealing his ideas.
4. When Thursday arrives to help Spike, what does he need from his squad car?
(a) Some silver bullets.
(b) A medical kit.
(c) A wooden stake.
(d) A vial of holy water.
5. What is SO-1?
(a) The internal affairs division.
(b) The Chronoguard.
(c) The Nursery Crime division.
(d) The LiteraTec division.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thursday see as she's driving through town from the airport?
2. When Thursday returns to her hotel after helping Spike, what is waiting for her?
3. Where is Spike when he calls for help?
4. Who does Thursday have a conversation with in a dream that night?
5. Besides Thursday, who answers Spike's call for help over the wireless?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happened at the stakeout after Buckett left.
2. Why is there a riot that Thursday sees on the news in her hotel room?
3. Who is Mr. Quaverly?
4. Describe Uncle Mycroft's workshop.
5. While Thursday is in the hospital, a car appears in her room. Who is in the car, and what does this person tell her?
6. Why does Acheron Hades threaten to burn a copy of "I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud" in order to get Uncle Mycroft to cooperate?
7. Who is Pickwick, and what is his relationship with Thursday?
8. What is a Will-Speak machine?
9. What does Thursday learn from Rochester in her dream?
10. Describe Thursday Next.
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)