|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Thursday and Bowden discuss while they wait for a response to the ad?
(a) The merits of minimalist art.
(b) The authorship of Shakespeare's plays.
(c) The education standards in Swindon schools.
(d) The history of literary crime.
2. What does Acheron agree to when Thursday finds him?
(a) That he won't cause trouble until the story has rewritten itself.
(b) That he will turn himself in if she allows him to serve his sentence in the book of his choice.
(c) That he will give her the manual if she agrees to be his hostage.
(d) That he will give Thursday the manual and her aunt in exchange for immunity.
3. How does Rochester explain how he helped Thursday the night she was shot?
(a) He says it's a skill he's developed over ten years.
(b) He says it just happened.
(c) He says he concentrated on her and then appeared next to her.
(d) He says there is a Prose Portal on his side of the story, as well.
4. How is Thursday able to stay in the interrogation room when Dr. Muller is questioned?
(a) Her SO-5 badge gives her clearance.
(b) She uses blackmail.
(c) She is running the interrogation.
(d) She flirts to be able to remain.
5. Why don't Landon and Daisy go through with their wedding?
(a) Landon is already married.
(b) Landon calls it off because he loves Thursday.
(c) Landon and Daisy both agree it's better to end their relationship.
(d) Daisy is already married.
6. What is Victor given to take into the meeting when he's undercover?
(a) A catcher's mitt.
(b) A note for another security guard.
(c) A head covering.
(d) A gun.
7. How much time do Thursday and Bowden lose in the vortex?
(a) A week.
(b) Seven hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Thirty-one years.
8. What is the pseudonym used on the manuscript that Acheron takes to replace Martin Chuzzlewit?
(a) Currer Bell.
(b) Samuel Clemens.
(c) George Eliot.
(d) Charlotte Bronte.
9. What does Rochester do for Mrs. Nakijima's guests while Jane is away from Thornfield?
(a) Readings of the story.
(b) Riding lessons.
(c) Tours of Thornfield.
10. What organization was Dr. Muller a member of?
(b) The Most Worshipful Order of the Wombat.
(c) Goliath Corporation.
11. How is the fire started at Thornfield Hall?
(a) Acheron drops a candle.
(b) Mrs. Rochester throws a candle.
(c) Rochester falls asleep while smoking.
(d) Acheron sets the house on fire to kill Thursday.
12. How does Thursday get Jane to return to Thornfield Hall?
(a) By disguising herself as Rochester.
(b) By explaining the situation to her.
(c) By forging a letter from Rochester.
(d) By whispering at her window.
13. Who is going to take care of Thursday while she stays in the story?
(a) Mrs. Rochester.
(b) Mrs. Fairfax.
(c) Grace Poole.
14. What does Victor see people wearing at the meeting as they're milling around?
(b) Lab coats.
(c) Baseball cleats.
(d) Steel helmets.
15. Where does Bowden want Thursday to go with him for a job?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Rochester blinded?
2. Who interrupts Landon and Daisy's wedding?
3. Who does Thursday see walking across the lawn at Thornfield Hall?
4. What manuscript does Acheron take to replace Martin Chuzzlewit?
5. Who is at the station when Dr. Muller is brought in for questioning?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)