|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at the station when Dr. Muller is brought in for questioning?
(b) Acheron Hades.
(c) Jack Schitt.
(d) Landon Park-Laine.
2. Who is Thursday surprised to find in the town of Millcote?
(a) Charlotte Bronte.
(b) Uncle Mycroft.
(c) A class of students.
(d) Asian tourists.
3. How much time do Thursday and Bowden lose in the vortex?
(a) A week.
(b) Seven hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Thirty-one years.
4. What weapon will the Prose Portal make work for the Goliath Corporation?
(a) Shoulder-mounted rifle.
(b) Plasma rifle.
(c) Electromagnetic spear.
(d) Phaser gun.
5. What does Acheron agree to when Thursday finds him?
(a) That he will give her the manual if she agrees to be his hostage.
(b) That he will turn himself in if she allows him to serve his sentence in the book of his choice.
(c) That he won't cause trouble until the story has rewritten itself.
(d) That he will give Thursday the manual and her aunt in exchange for immunity.
6. Who is Mr. Stiggins?
(a) The Chronoguard chasing Thursday's father.
(b) A neanderthal.
(c) Spike's new partner.
(d) Landon's rich uncle.
7. Who says the code to open the portal for Thursday?
(d) Grace Poole.
8. Who is the letter from that Thursday finds on her desk after the trip to the morgue?
(a) Acheron Hades.
(b) Uncle Mycroft.
(d) Jack Schitt.
9. What is the pseudonym used on the manuscript that Acheron takes to replace Martin Chuzzlewit?
(a) Samuel Clemens.
(b) Currer Bell.
(c) Charlotte Bronte.
(d) George Eliot.
10. Where is Jack Schitt at the end of the story?
(a) In a copy of The History of the Button.
(b) In a copy of Colonel Phelps's memoirs.
(c) In a copy of The Poems of Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) In a copy of The Plasma Rifle in War.
11. Where does Bowden want Thursday to go with him for a job?
(c) New York.
12. How does Thursday get Jane to return to Thornfield Hall?
(a) By disguising herself as Rochester.
(b) By explaining the situation to her.
(c) By whispering at her window.
(d) By forging a letter from Rochester.
13. Victor is going to go undercover at the next meeting of what organization?
(a) The Kit Marlowe Authorship Guild.
(b) The John Milton Fan Club.
(c) The Earthcrossers.
(d) The Most Worshipful Order of the Wombat.
14. What is Acheron going to do since he doesn't have access to Martin Chuzzlewit?
(a) Hide in a story.
(b) Start altering Shakespeare's sonnets.
(c) Kill Mycroft.
(d) Find an alternative manuscript.
15. Where does Thursday find Acheron after Jane leaves Thornfield?
(a) Wandering the grounds outside of Thornfield Hall.
(b) On the road out of Millcote.
(c) At Thornfield Hall.
(d) At the inn in Millcote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers that Mr. Quaverly is missing from Martin Chuzzlewit?
2. What question does Thursday want answered by her father at her wedding reception?
3. Who interrupts Landon and Daisy's wedding?
4. Why don't Landon and Daisy go through with their wedding?
5. What is the purpose of the letter that Thursday finds on her desk?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)