|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thursday leave for her future self while she is traveling through time?
(a) A note.
(b) Her jacket.
(c) A gun.
(d) Some money.
2. Who is Mr. Stiggins?
(a) Landon's rich uncle.
(b) A neanderthal.
(c) The Chronoguard chasing Thursday's father.
(d) Spike's new partner.
3. Where does Acheron break in to steal another manuscript?
(a) Gad's Hill.
(b) The local library.
(c) The SpecOps building.
(d) Haworth House.
4. Why is Braxton Hicks angry with LiteraTec?
(a) The press found out about Chuzzlewit's death.
(b) The press found out that Acheron is alive.
(c) The press found out that the drop was a failure.
(d) The press found out that Thursday wrecked her car.
5. What manuscript does Acheron take to replace Martin Chuzzlewit?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
(c) The Taming of the Shrew.
(d) Oliver Twist.
6. Who is Landon going to marry?
(b) Emma Hamilton.
(c) Daisy Mutlar.
(d) A waitress.
7. Victor is going to go undercover at the next meeting of what organization?
(a) The Kit Marlowe Authorship Guild.
(b) The Earthcrossers.
(c) The John Milton Fan Club.
(d) The Most Worshipful Order of the Wombat.
8. What does "GSD" stand for?
(a) Gertrude's Swindon Deli.
(b) Goliath Sunshine Daily.
(c) George, Shawn, and David.
(d) Global Standard Deity.
9. What is Joffy's nickname for Thursday?
10. What weapon will the Prose Portal make work for the Goliath Corporation?
(a) Phaser gun.
(b) Shoulder-mounted rifle.
(c) Plasma rifle.
(d) Electromagnetic spear.
11. What is the pseudonym used on the manuscript that Acheron takes to replace Martin Chuzzlewit?
(a) Samuel Clemens.
(b) Currer Bell.
(c) Charlotte Bronte.
(d) George Eliot.
12. What question does Thursday want answered by her father at her wedding reception?
(a) The next week's winning lottery numbers.
(b) The builders of Stonehenge.
(c) The authorship of Shakespeare's plays.
(d) The location of the lost city of Atlantis.
13. How does Acheron try to get the code to open the portal from Thursday?
(a) By agreeing to turn himself in.
(b) By disguising himself as Rochester.
(c) By promising to give Polly back to Thursday.
(d) By disguising himself as Grace Poole.
14. What is the signal that Thursday arranges for while she's in Jane Eyre?
(a) The words "sweet madness."
(b) A reference to the town of Swindon.
(c) The words "no man is an island."
(d) Jane will wink at Grace Pool.
15. What does Thursday offer in exchange for a ride into Wales?
(a) 18 Poems by Dylan Thomas.
(b) 10,000 dollars.
(c) A free pass on one crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor tell Braxton he needs in order to capture Acheron and restore the story of Jane Eyre?
2. Where is the drop point for the ransom?
3. What is Acheron going to do since he doesn't have access to Martin Chuzzlewit?
4. Who discovers that Mr. Quaverly is missing from Martin Chuzzlewit?
5. Who does the Goliath Corporation blame when it is revealed that the plasma rifle doesn't work?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)