|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the letter that Thursday finds on her desk?
(a) It is a formal reprimand.
(b) It is a goodbye letter.
(c) It is a ransom note.
(d) It is a love letter.
2. What manuscript does Acheron take to replace Martin Chuzzlewit?
(a) Oliver Twist.
(b) The Taming of the Shrew.
(c) Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
(d) Jane Eyre.
3. How does Acheron try to get the code to open the portal from Thursday?
(a) By agreeing to turn himself in.
(b) By promising to give Polly back to Thursday.
(c) By disguising himself as Rochester.
(d) By disguising himself as Grace Poole.
4. How long does it take for someone to notice the missing character from Jane Eyre?
(a) Less than two hours.
(b) Less than a minute.
(c) Less than an hour.
(d) Less than a day.
5. How does Acheron know SpecOps is going to agree to his terms?
(a) A phone call from Braxton himself.
(b) A code about lop-eared rabbits in a classified ad.
(c) An article with a quote from Braxton in the newspaper.
(d) A photo of Thursday in the personals section.
6. Where does Acheron break in to steal another manuscript?
(a) Gad's Hill.
(b) The local library.
(c) The SpecOps building.
(d) Haworth House.
7. Who is Thursday surprised to find in the town of Millcote?
(a) Asian tourists.
(b) Charlotte Bronte.
(c) Uncle Mycroft.
(d) A class of students.
8. How much time do Thursday and Bowden lose in the vortex?
(a) A week.
(b) Seven hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Thirty-one years.
9. Who does Thursday see walking across the lawn at Thornfield Hall?
10. How does Thursday kill Acheron?
(a) With a sword.
(b) With a silver bullet.
(c) By throwing him off the roof.
(d) With the scissors.
11. How does Acheron arrive at the bridge to take the ransom?
(a) By truck.
(b) By van.
(c) By plane.
(d) By helicopter.
12. How is Rochester blinded?
(a) His hand becomes infected.
(b) He is shot by Acheron.
(c) By a falling beam.
(d) A burning ember flies into his eyes.
13. What weapon will the Prose Portal make work for the Goliath Corporation?
(a) Plasma rifle.
(b) Shoulder-mounted rifle.
(c) Electromagnetic spear.
(d) Phaser gun.
14. Who does the Goliath Corporation blame when it is revealed that the plasma rifle doesn't work?
(a) Jack Schitt.
(d) Uncle Mycroft.
15. How is the fire started at Thornfield Hall?
(a) Acheron drops a candle.
(b) Mrs. Rochester throws a candle.
(c) Rochester falls asleep while smoking.
(d) Acheron sets the house on fire to kill Thursday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thursday use to close the time vortex on the highway?
2. Why don't Landon and Daisy go through with their wedding?
3. In Thursday's synopsis of Jane Eyre, how does the story end?
4. What does "GSD" stand for?
5. What is Acheron going to do since he doesn't have access to Martin Chuzzlewit?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)