|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Thursday at a different property when she regains consciousness after the fire at Thornfield Hall?
(a) Thornfield burned to the ground.
(b) Rochester wanted to be alone.
(c) Thursday had requested to stay somewhere else.
(d) Jane had returned to Thornfield.
2. Where is Jack Schitt at the end of the story?
(a) In a copy of Colonel Phelps's memoirs.
(b) In a copy of The Plasma Rifle in War.
(c) In a copy of The Poems of Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) In a copy of The History of the Button.
3. Who stops Victor as he's going to the meeting undercover?
(c) Jack Schitt.
4. Who is taken from the pages of Jane Eyre?
(a) Edward Rochester.
(b) Grace Pool.
(c) Mrs. Rochester.
(d) Jane Eyre.
5. How does Acheron arrive at the bridge to take the ransom?
(a) By helicopter.
(b) By van.
(c) By plane.
(d) By truck.
6. Where does Thursday find Acheron after Jane leaves Thornfield?
(a) At Thornfield Hall.
(b) On the road out of Millcote.
(c) Wandering the grounds outside of Thornfield Hall.
(d) At the inn in Millcote.
7. Who is the head pathologist at the morgue?
(a) Emma Hamilton.
(b) Mr. Rumplplunkett.
(c) The head pathologist is not named.
(d) Dr. Runcible Spoon.
8. Who is Thursday surprised to find in the town of Millcote?
(a) Asian tourists.
(b) A class of students.
(c) Uncle Mycroft.
(d) Charlotte Bronte.
9. What does Thursday offer in exchange for a ride into Wales?
(b) 10,000 dollars.
(c) A free pass on one crime.
(d) 18 Poems by Dylan Thomas.
10. Who is Landon going to marry?
(a) Daisy Mutlar.
(b) A waitress.
(c) Emma Hamilton.
11. How is Rochester blinded?
(a) By a falling beam.
(b) A burning ember flies into his eyes.
(c) He is shot by Acheron.
(d) His hand becomes infected.
12. How long does it take for someone to notice the missing character from Jane Eyre?
(a) Less than a minute.
(b) Less than an hour.
(c) Less than two hours.
(d) Less than a day.
13. What is Victor given to take into the meeting when he's undercover?
(a) A head covering.
(b) A gun.
(c) A note for another security guard.
(d) A catcher's mitt.
14. What does Rochester do for Mrs. Nakijima's guests while Jane is away from Thornfield?
(a) Readings of the story.
(b) Tours of Thornfield.
(c) Riding lessons.
15. In Thursday's synopsis of Jane Eyre, how does the story end?
(a) Jane goes off to be a missionary with St. John Rivers.
(b) Jane declares her love for Rochester and proposes to him.
(c) Jane dies of tuberculosis.
(d) Jane returns to the orphanage to teach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What manuscript does Acheron take to replace Martin Chuzzlewit?
2. What does Victor see people wearing at the meeting as they're milling around?
3. What is Mycroft allowed to do at the beginning of Chapter 24?
4. What does Mycroft do to protect Martin Chuzzlewit?
5. When will Thursday try to trap Acheron?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)