|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thursday return to Swindon?
(a) By car.
(b) By airship.
(c) By train.
(d) By bus.
2. Where is the play that Thursday receives tickets for?
(a) The Globe.
(b) The Rose.
(c) The Stage.
(d) The Ritz.
3. What is Mycroft going to show Thursday when they get called in for dinner?
(a) Another use for the bookworms.
(b) A self-organizing filing cabinet.
(c) A clone of himself.
(d) His scientific journal.
4. When Thursday returns to her hotel after helping Spike, what is waiting for her?
(a) Tickets to Richard III.
(b) Tickets to a dramatic reading of the life of William Shakespeare.
(c) Tickets to the Rocky Horror Show.
(d) Tickets to Romeo and Juliet.
5. Why does Tamworth want Thursday to help SO-5?
(a) He needs a fresh perspective in the investigation.
(b) She owes him a favor.
(c) Acheron is still in love with her, so she can persuade him to turn himself in.
(d) She is one of the few people who can identify him.
6. When Mycroft's bookworms eat words, what do they give back?
(c) Individual letters.
(d) Misspellings of the same word.
7. Who does Snood appear to be to Thursday?
(a) A childhood friend.
(b) Her uncle's friend.
(c) A former babysitter.
(d) The father of someone she dated.
8. What convention is taking place at the hotel that Thursday checks in to at the same time?
(a) A John Milton convention.
(b) A Chrono-crime victims' convention.
(c) A Dental Enthusiasts' convention.
(d) A William Shakespeare convention.
9. Who is Victor Analogy?
(a) Thursday's former classmate.
(b) Thursday's new boss.
(c) Thursday's new partner.
(d) Thursday's cousin.
10. Where does Thursday go after the play?
(a) On a walk.
(b) For coffee.
(c) To dinner.
(d) For drinks.
11. Where is Spike when he calls for help?
(a) At an abandoned school.
(b) In the middle of a field.
(c) At an abandoned church.
(d) At a graveyard.
12. Who is instructed to kill the character taken out of their story by the Prose Portal?
(b) One of the John Miltons.
13. What is the name of the hotel Thursday checks into?
(a) The Swindon Plaza.
(b) The Finis Hotel.
(c) The Sleepy Ox.
(d) The Bunk and the Barrel.
14. What reason does Thursday give Jack for her return to Swindon?
(a) To take a holiday.
(b) To hunt down Acheron Hades.
(c) To recover from her injuries.
(d) To train for SO-5.
15. Who is the author of the poem Mycroft wants to send Polly into?
(a) William Wordsworth.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) Lewis Carroll.
(d) T. S. Eliot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Thursday lingering at the Jane Eyre manuscript?
2. Who does the kidnapping?
3. A man comes to the window at the stakeout. Who does he say wrote Shakespeare's plays?
4. What does the surveillance footage reveal?
5. What do Thursday and Bowden want to know at the beginning of Chapter 16?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)