|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Spike when he calls for help?
(a) At a graveyard.
(b) In the middle of a field.
(c) At an abandoned church.
(d) At an abandoned school.
2. Who does Thursday lose in the Crimean War?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her fiance.
3. When Mycroft's bookworms eat words, what do they give back?
(a) Individual letters.
(c) Misspellings of the same word.
4. What is on the handkerchief Thursday is given when she is discharged from the hospital?
(a) The initials EFR.
(b) The initials AH.
(c) The initials TN.
(d) Embroidered flowers.
5. Where is the stakeout that Thursday goes on?
(a) Acheron's apartment.
(b) A local pub.
(c) Styx's apartment.
(d) In front of the Swindon library.
6. Why does Tamworth want Thursday to help SO-5?
(a) He needs a fresh perspective in the investigation.
(b) She is one of the few people who can identify him.
(c) Acheron is still in love with her, so she can persuade him to turn himself in.
(d) She owes him a favor.
7. What is Spike doing when Thursday finds him?
(a) He is passed out on the floor.
(b) Killing a vampire.
(c) Eating specimens in an anatomy lab.
(d) Exorcising a demon.
8. What is the job of SO-5?
(a) The job of SO-5 is classified, so no one knows for sure.
(b) To police members of SpecOps.
(c) To capture vampires, werewolves, and other creatures.
(d) To capture Acheron Hades.
9. Where is Thursday asked to go by the person who joins her at the piano?
(a) To a dance.
(b) To London.
(c) To a play.
(d) On a walk.
10. What do Thursday and Bowden want to know at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) The location of the Prose Portal.
(b) The location of Acheron Hades.
(c) The location of the Martin Chuzzlewit manuscript.
(d) The location of Thursday's Uncle Mycroft.
11. Who arrives and starts a gunfight as Thursday and Bowden are seeking information?
(b) Acheron Hades.
(c) Sturmey Archer.
(d) Jim Crometty.
12. Who does Snood appear to be to Thursday?
(a) A former babysitter.
(b) A childhood friend.
(c) Her uncle's friend.
(d) The father of someone she dated.
13. Who shows Thursday around the office and introduces her to everyone?
(d) The desk sergeant.
14. Thursday hears a news report on a protest in Chichester. What causes it?
(a) A debate on surrealism.
(b) The authorship of William Shakespeare's plays.
(c) The outcome of a croquet tournament.
(d) An actor's poor portrayal of King Richard III.
15. What is the name of the person who shows Thursday where Spike is?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rochester react to Thursday when he sees her?
2. What does Thursday do when she sees something unusual as she's driving from the airport?
3. What is Mycroft going to show Thursday when they get called in for dinner?
4. What does the surveillance footage reveal?
5. Why does Thursday agree to help Tamworth?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)