|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, The Drop, Chapter 24, Martin Chuzzlewit is Reprieved, and Chapter 25, Time Enough for Contemplation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Thursday told about her visit to Jane Eyre from childhood?
(a) It improved the narration.
(b) It never really happened.
(c) It nearly ruined the story.
(d) It was all a dream.
2. Who joins Thursday at the piano in the hotel bar?
(a) Her father.
(b) Victor Analogy.
(c) Bowden Cable.
(d) Landon Park-Laine.
3. Who is Joffy?
(a) Thursday's neighbor.
(b) Thursday's cousin.
(c) Thursday's childhood friend.
(d) Thursday's brother.
4. How does Acheron contact Thursday when she's on the bridge at the drop?
(a) By shouting to her from his car.
(b) By a radio in plain view on the bridge.
(c) By a wireless stashed in a tree.
(d) By her personal wireless.
5. Why was Thursday lingering at the Jane Eyre manuscript?
(a) She was reading from the open pages.
(b) She was having a fight with her brother, and was trying to avoid him.
(c) She was listening to someone read from the open pages.
(d) She was trying to ditch the rest of her class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colonel Phelps want Thursday to do?
2. What is Mycroft allowed to do at the beginning of Chapter 24?
3. What animal in an ad will show that Thursday is ready, according to the letter?
4. What is Joffy's nickname for Thursday?
5. What does Thursday discover about Felix7?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)