|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28, Haworth House, Chapter 29, Jane Eyre, Chapter 30, A Groundswell of Popular Feeling, Chapter 31, The People's Republic of Wales.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colonel Phelps want Thursday to do?
(a) Give up on her investigation of Acheron Hades.
(b) Speak in favor of the Crimean War.
(c) Give her mother a message from him.
(d) Meet him for dinner the next time they are both in London.
2. On what page is the character taken from Jane Eyre?
3. Where is the drop point for the ransom?
(a) An unplowed field.
(b) A railway bridge.
(c) An abandoned highway.
(d) A thick forest.
4. What is Joffy's nickname for Thursday?
5. Why does Mycroft need a new assistant?
(a) His last assistant mysteriously vanished.
(b) His last assistant was killed in an accident.
(c) His last assistant quit to work for another inventor.
(d) His last assistant was fired for stealing his ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Colonel Phelps going to Swindon?
2. What does Victor see people wearing at the meeting as they're milling around?
3. While at lunch with Bowden, who does Thursday discover has been kidnapped?
4. Who discovers that Mr. Quaverly is missing from Martin Chuzzlewit?
5. Who is taken from the story that is opened by the Prose Portal?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)