|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rand meet an Ogier in Caemlyn?
2. Who sets up barriers to protect the group as they rest in the Blight?
3. Who did Lan learn much from in his youth?
4. Who comforts Nynaeve after Lan rejects her advances?
5. What weapon does Perrin use against the men who killed the wolf who protected him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rand do after seeing the Green Man attacked?
2. What does Lan say when he hears that Perrin can speak with the wolves?
3. What will happen to Perrin and Egwene after they are tried for their actions in the stedding?
4. How does the Green Man refer to Perrin and Rand?
5. What does Nynaeve tell Egwene as they rest by the lake in the Blight, and how does she respond to this?
6. How does Rand choose to hide his sword while in Caemlyn?
7. What does Bunt tell Rand about as they head to Caemlyn together?
8. What happens when Gode tries to force the boys to follow him to his master?
9. What does Rand do when he sees his mother while with Ba'alzamon?
10. What does Nynaeve discover while she is in the stables at the Whitecloak camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leadership is a very prominent theme in this book. Who are some of the main leaders in this book, and what makes them the true leaders? Is there more than one protagonist?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, write their main motivation throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Procrastination was something exhibited by a number of characters in this book. What are some of these instances, and how do they affect the outcome of the plot? Make sure to use examples from the book to support your ideas.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)