|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who creates the Waygate?
2. What kind of man does Gill say has been looking for Rand and Mat?
3. What does Agelmar call Lan?
4. Who sets up barriers to protect the group as they rest in the Blight?
5. What does the Myrddraal outside of Caemlyn say a boy stole from him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nynaeve tell Egwene as they rest by the lake in the Blight, and how does she respond to this?
2. What is the first object found in the pool?
3. What happens when the Green Man is attacked?
4. What does Rand do after seeing the Green Man attacked?
5. What does Rand do when he sees his mother while with Ba'alzamon?
6. What happens when Gode tries to force the boys to follow him to his master?
7. What happens to Rand when the false dragon passes his viewpoint?
8. How does Rand feel as the group begins their journey along the Ways?
9. What does Agelmar have to do every Spring?
10. What are the three figurines Rand sees on the table in his dream about Ba'alzamon in a room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear and Courage are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
Essay Topic 2
Rand endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Rand learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Robert Jordan is careful to make sure that although these characters have magical powers, they are still very much human. Please cite some specific examples of this from the book and discuss how this humanity affects your view of the characters and the believability of the book.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)