|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moiraine tell Loial is being weaved with the three boys?
2. What weapon does the woman in the barn try to use against Rand?
3. What appears before Rand after he kills the Dragkhgar?
4. What is the Aes Sedai symbol made of that is found in the pool?
5. Why does Moiraine not take Mat's dagger away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Green Man is attacked?
2. What does Moiraine say when Rand asks if his adventure is over?
3. What happened while Rand was sick in the barn?
4. What does Moiraine say when Agelmar wants to send some of his swordsmen to protect her?
5. What does Nynaeve tell Egwene as they rest by the lake in the Blight, and how does she respond to this?
6. What is the first object found in the pool?
7. What does Moiraine do when the Black Wind is sensed in the Ways?
8. How does Rand defeat Ba'alzamon?
9. What happens to Rand when the false dragon passes his viewpoint?
10. Why does Rand say he will never go home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy was an emotion that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. Which characters evoked this emotion, and how did they respond to their jealous tendencies? How did these instances affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Leadership is a very prominent theme in this book. Who are some of the main leaders in this book, and what makes them the true leaders? Is there more than one protagonist?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Mat not accept Lan's story, and what consequences does this have on the other characters in the book?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)