|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lan learn much from in his youth?
2. How many towers can the group see when they stop at the lake?
3. What are Gill and Loial playing when Rand returns from the palace?
4. Who sets up barriers to protect the group as they rest in the Blight?
5. What do Egwene and Nynaeve sense as Moiraine dismantles the barrier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first object found in the pool?
2. How do Rand and Mat pay for their lodging along the way to Caemlyn, and why?
3. What does Nynaeve discover while she is in the stables at the Whitecloak camp?
4. What does Bunt tell Rand about as they head to Caemlyn together?
5. Why does Rand say he will never go home?
6. How does Rand choose to hide his sword while in Caemlyn?
7. What does Moiraine say when Agelmar wants to send some of his swordsmen to protect her?
8. What does Rand do after seeing the Green Man attacked?
9. What does Moiraine do when the Black Wind is sensed in the Ways?
10. What does Elaida say when she first sees Rand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Loial was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Loial had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Rand endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Rand learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Robert Jordan is careful to make sure that although these characters have magical powers, they are still very much human. Please cite some specific examples of this from the book and discuss how this humanity affects your view of the characters and the believability of the book.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)