|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agelmar call Lan?
2. What is Thom's last name?
3. What color is the Ogier script on the stone slab?
4. What is the third object found in the pool?
5. Where does Perrin hide when a group of men come into the stedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nynaeve tell Egwene as they rest by the lake in the Blight, and how does she respond to this?
2. What is Moiraine doing at the very end of the book?
3. What are the three figurines Rand sees on the table in his dream about Ba'alzamon in a room?
4. What does Lan say when he hears that Perrin can speak with the wolves?
5. What does Moiraine say when she hears that Mat has a dagger from Shadar Logoth?
6. What changes does Moiraine make to their planned destination when she hears from Loial what the Dark Lord intends to do?
7. What does Elaida say when she first sees Rand?
8. What happened while Rand was sick in the barn?
9. How does Lan respond when Nynaeve tells him about her feelings for him?
10. What will happen to Perrin and Egwene after they are tried for their actions in the stedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Mat, Perrin, and Rand change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes? Who undergoes the most emotional growth?
Essay Topic 2
Leadership is a very prominent theme in this book. Who are some of the main leaders in this book, and what makes them the true leaders? Is there more than one protagonist?
Essay Topic 3
Fear and Courage are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)