|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Moiraine tell Rand she came to Emond's Field?
2. Where does Moiraine sense the boys are after the attack outside the dead city?
3. Who fights off the Trollocs in the village?
4. What does Moiraine use to cure Tam?
5. What is the first sign to Rand, in the forest, that he is nearing the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Rand returns to the house to get supplies after the Trollock attack?
2. What strange visitor to the village is Rand most excited to hear about, and why?
3. What is the most important thing that Padan Fain brings to the Festival, and why?
4. What does Lan do to get the Taren ferry owner to take them across the river?
5. Who joins the three boys leaving with Moiraine, and why?
6. Where does Perrin choose to travel after he wakes up after the Trolloc attack in the dead city?
7. What does Moiraine say about the battle cry that Mat used when the Trollocs were attacking them?
8. What does Lews do when we first see him using the One Power?
9. What wakes Rand from his dream about the Dark One and the long corridor?
10. What does Tam ask Rand when they are returning to their farm early?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Mat not accept Lan's story, and what consequences does this have on the other characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, write their main motivation throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)