|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tam give Rand just before he leaves with Lan?
2. Who is with Egwene when Perrin finds her after the Trolloc attack in the dead city?
3. What color are Elyas' eyes?
4. What happens once the ferry reaches the other side of the river?
5. What color is the mountain that Rand stands before in the dream he has after Tam is cured?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mat take away from the dead city?
2. What secret does Tam reveal while deep in his fever?
3. Where does Elyas lead Perrin to avoid the ravens, and how does Perrin feel about this?
4. What convinces Nynaeve to join the group?
5. What does Lews do when we first see him using the One Power?
6. What does Tam ask Rand when they are returning to their farm early?
7. What does Mat do to the Whitecloaks in Baerlon?
8. What happens in the first dream Perrin has of Ba'alzamon after meeting the wolves?
9. What strange visitor to the village is Rand most excited to hear about, and why?
10. What does Thom learn about Morgain in the inn at Whitebridge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The challenges in the battle against Ba'alzamon were chosen to test different attributes of the boys. Explain each of the challenges and discuss what each challenge was meant to exhibit from the boys.
Essay Topic 2
Competition and Fair-Play were major themes found in many different scenes of this book. What are some of those scenes, and what affect did they have on the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Leadership is a very prominent theme in this book. Who are some of the main leaders in this book, and what makes them the true leaders? Is there more than one protagonist?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)