|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Egwene spend most of her time talking to while they are with the Tinkers?
2. Where do the male councilmen meet before the Festival?
3. What color are Elyas' eyes?
4. What is the name of the captain of the boat Rand is on after leaving the dead city?
5. What two powers do men have when they use the One Power?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elyas say when Perrin asks him how he learned to talk to wolves?
2. What does Tam ask Rand when they are returning to their farm early?
3. What happens in the first dream Perrin has of Ba'alzamon after meeting the wolves?
4. What does Thom learn about Morgain in the inn at Whitebridge?
5. What does the innkeeper in Baerlorn tell Lan about when they get there?
6. What does Moiraine tell the Two Rivers village about their past?
7. What wakes Rand from his dream about the Dark One and the long corridor?
8. What convinces Nynaeve to join the group?
9. What is the most important thing that Padan Fain brings to the Festival, and why?
10. What strange visitor to the village is Rand most excited to hear about, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Loial was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Loial had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)