|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Perrin plan to do if they are attacked by the flock of ravens?
2. What does Nynaeve make to help Moiraine sleep after they enter the dead city?
3. What is Perrin studying to become?
4. Who does Rand decide to talk to about his troubling dream?
5. Who do the people in the village think is responsible for the Trolloc attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Rand returns to the house to get supplies after the Trollock attack?
2. Why does Moiraine decide to not search for Egwene after the attack in the dead city?
3. What does Lews do when we first see him using the One Power?
4. What secret does Tam reveal while deep in his fever?
5. Who joins the three boys leaving with Moiraine, and why?
6. What does the innkeeper in Baerlorn tell Lan about when they get there?
7. What story does Raen tell Perrin after he eats dinner with Perrin and Elyas?
8. What strange visitor to the village is Rand most excited to hear about, and why?
9. Who does Thom say he and the boys are when the Captain of the boat outside the dead city asks them?
10. What does Lan do to get the Taren ferry owner to take them across the river?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Robert Jordan have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Leadership is a very prominent theme in this book. Who are some of the main leaders in this book, and what makes them the true leaders? Is there more than one protagonist?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the most important legends discussed in this book, and how are they presented? How does the usage of these spells affect the outcome of the plot?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)