|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does Perrin see the flock of ravens kill?
2. How does Egwene start the fire when she is alone by the river?
3. Who rides at the back of the group?
4. What is the name of the Gleeman?
5. Why does Perrin NOT want to wait for Moiraine to find him after he finds Egwene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Rand returns to the house to get supplies after the Trollock attack?
2. What does Moiraine tell Egwen about the One Power?
3. Why does Moiraine want Rand to leave the village with her?
4. What does Moiraine tell the Two Rivers village about their past?
5. What does Thom learn about Morgain in the inn at Whitebridge?
6. What does Lan do to get the Taren ferry owner to take them across the river?
7. What story does Raen tell Perrin after he eats dinner with Perrin and Elyas?
8. What does Moiraine say about the battle cry that Mat used when the Trollocs were attacking them?
9. Why does Moiraine decide to not search for Egwene after the attack in the dead city?
10. What convinces Nynaeve to join the group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Mat, Perrin, and Rand change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes? Who undergoes the most emotional growth?
Essay Topic 2
Competition and Fair-Play were major themes found in many different scenes of this book. What are some of those scenes, and what affect did they have on the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)