|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Perrin plan to do if they are attacked by the flock of ravens?
2. Who talks too freely during the baths?
3. What does Moiraine say about Bela as she is helping the horses gain strength?
4. What do the boys notice watching them when they have finished unloading the cider?
5. Who is the man by the fire who does not dance while Thom plays his flute?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moiraine choose to do after getting to Whitebridge, and why?
2. What does Elyas say when Perrin asks him how he learned to talk to wolves?
3. What is different about Lan's cloak?
4. What secret does Tam reveal while deep in his fever?
5. What does Moiraine tell the Two Rivers village about their past?
6. What does Lan do to get the Taren ferry owner to take them across the river?
7. Who joins the three boys leaving with Moiraine, and why?
8. What does Tam ask Rand when they are returning to their farm early?
9. What does Lews do when we first see him using the One Power?
10. What does Rand tell Nynaeve when they are alone at the inn, and what is her response to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy was an emotion that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. Which characters evoked this emotion, and how did they respond to their jealous tendencies? How did these instances affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, write their main motivation throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Robert Jordan is careful to make sure that although these characters have magical powers, they are still very much human. Please cite some specific examples of this from the book and discuss how this humanity affects your view of the characters and the believability of the book.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)