|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thom teach Mat to do?
(a) Tell tales.
(d) Throw his voice.
2. What is etched on Tam's sword?
(b) A heron.
(c) An eagle.
(d) Ancient script.
3. What does Elyas get frustrated about after leaving the Tinkers?
(a) The harsh weather.
(b) The slow pace set by Perrin.
(c) The lack of cooked food.
(d) The chattering of the wolves.
4. What does Rand say he needs to hear after his talk with Nynaeve at the inn?
(d) The truth.
5. Where is Perrin waiting for Mat and Rand before they leave the village?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The blacksmith's house.
(c) The stable.
(d) The church.
6. What is the first sign to Rand, in the forest, that he is nearing the village?
(a) He sees lights.
(b) He notices the path sloping downward.
(c) He hears laughter.
(d) He smells smoke.
7. How does Perrin cross the river after leaving the dead city?
(a) He jumps across.
(b) He swings across on a rope.
(c) He crosses the bridge.
(d) He swims.
8. What two powers do men have when they use the One Power?
(a) Earth and Fire.
(b) Spirit and Fire.
(c) Air and Water.
(d) Water and Spirit.
9. What does Mat think is inside the great metal tower?
(d) Aes Sedai.
10. What road does the group follow after leaving Baerlon?
(a) The Caemlyn Road.
(b) The Camentralga Road.
(c) The Camerlengo Road.
(d) The Cammerman Road.
11. Who does Rand decide to talk to about his troubling dream?
12. What does Lan tell rand about Tam's sword?
(a) It has the mark of an expert swordsman.
(b) It has a royal crest on it.
(c) It is the finest sword he has ever seen.
(d) It looks like it was stolen.
13. What is the name of the first man Mat meets in the dead city?
14. What physical feature has Rand always been teased about?
(a) His thick beard.
(b) His gray eyes.
(c) His birthmark.
(d) His high voice.
15. Who does Egwene spend most of her time talking to while they are with the Tinkers?
(a) Raen's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights off the Trollocs in the village?
2. What does Mat want to find while in the dead city?
3. What does Elan Morin call Lews when he first arrives in the palace?
4. What word does Nynaeve use to describe the Whitebridge?
5. Why is Mr. Fitch upset about the cook's cat the morning after Rand's dream?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)