|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color rock is unique to the Plateau Province?
2. How long is the Canyon of Lodore?
(a) 18.2 miles.
(b) 20.75 miles.
(c) 15.5 miles.
(d) 24.33 miles.
3. What task did Powell describe in detail in the beginning of Chapter VII?
(a) Setting up camp.
(b) Skinning a bear.
(c) Starting a fire.
(d) Navigating rapids and falls.
4. How many Indian locations did Powell describe in Arizona?
5. How many miles were covered between Green River City and Flaming Gorge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the highest elevation of the high region?
2. What do the Ute Indians have a wealth of?
3. Which border of the Plateau Province is Castle Valley on?
4. When did Powell first visit the Colorado territory?
5. What obstacle did the group encounter on June 1st?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the mesas of the Colorado River Valley?
2. Describe the wreck at Disaster Falls.
3. The group often named places along the river for physical descriptions of the landscape or river. What examples of this are in Chapter VI?
4. What are the borders of the Terrace Plateaus?
5. What did Powell begin his journey down the Colorado with?
6. What piece of equipment was lost in the wreck at Disaster Falls and how was it retrieved?
7. What Indian tribes inhabited the Terrace Plateaus?
8. Describe the Plateau Province.
9. What is the Mogollon Escarpment?
10. What is the Tewan Plateau?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)