|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe the mood of the men on the morning of May 30th.
2. How many Indian locations did Powell describe in Arizona?
3. Why did the men stop on May 25th?
(a) To repair one of the boats.
(b) To hunt sheep.
(c) To wash clothes.
(d) To test out the sexton.
4. What animal is found in the great timber region of Arizona?
(c) Wild turkey.
5. What is the Bill Williams River also known as?
(a) The Rio Virgen.
(b) The Gila River.
(c) The Rio Grande.
(d) The San Juan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rivers flow through the Pink Cliffs?
2. What did the men do at night on June 8th?
3. On the first day of the journey down the Colorado, what did the crew lose?
4. Which mountains extend into Yellowstone Park and are part of the Rocky Mountains?
5. What canyon after Flaming Gorge is named for its unique shape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at camp on June 16th, resulting in the moving of camp down shore and the loss of several items?
2. What are the mesas of the Colorado River Valley?
3. Which Native American tribes lived in the Colorado River Valley?
4. What is important about Fremont's Peak?
5. Describe the wreck at Disaster Falls.
6. What is the most important salt lake?
7. Describe the Pink and Gray Cliffs.
8. How did the party get through difficult falls?
9. Describe the rivers that feed the Colorado River.
10. What did Powell begin his journey down the Colorado with?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)