|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Powell first visit the Colorado territory?
2. What is the cause of the cliffs in the Terrace Plateaus?
(b) A volcano.
(d) A glacier.
3. What name was given to the dangerous part of the Canyon of Lodore where the tools were almost lost?
(a) Disaster Falls.
(b) Point of no return.
(c) Powell's pocket.
(d) Rapids of revenge.
4. What is the name of the canyon the group explores on May 26th?
(a) Henry's Fork.
(b) Flaming Gorge.
(c) Mesa Fort.
(d) Grand Canyon.
5. What do the Terrace Plateaus not have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the pioneer boat?
2. What did the men do at night on June 8th?
3. Why did the expedition stop on May 27th?
4. How many miles were covered between Green River City and Flaming Gorge?
5. What birds were found in a canyon after Brown's Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. What piece of equipment was lost in the wreck at Disaster Falls and how was it retrieved?
2. Describe Glen Canyon.
3. Which Native American tribes lived in the Colorado River Valley?
4. What Indian tribes inhabited the Terrace Plateaus?
5. What plateaus represent the boundary of the Plateau Province?
6. How did the party get through difficult falls?
7. What are the mesas of the Colorado River Valley?
8. What are the buttes of the Colorado River Valley?
9. What is the most important salt lake?
10. The group often named places along the river for physical descriptions of the landscape or river. What examples of this are in Chapter VI?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)